✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Music You've Just "Discovered"

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think most of the artists/bands on this page at least have been fairly obscure. aside from Empire of the Sun and Basshunter i have never heard of any of the other acts and i like to think i have a half decent idea of whats going on in music.

Ivet mentioned Eskimo Joe back on the first page, though. :lol:

slowly discovering The Maccabees.

cool band. they remind of someone but i just cant remember who.

heyyy same here :nice:

a friend of mine went see them live last thursday and told me about them ( that was kinda a little concert of almost unknow bands in Paris)

i'm just discovering them and while we're into it this song too :lol:

they seem great

I am so disappointed with how this thread turned out

hahahahaha

Guys, I think he meant obscure bands...

Yeah, but people get into different bands/music at different times and for different reasons; what's obscure to some, could be quite mainstream to others...

I'm forever just 'discovering' some music I like, only to find the band have been around for ages and every other cool kid on the street has already heard them...:shrug:

...not that I hang out on streets with any cool kids.... :lol:

I even said in my first post, I don't care if it's a mainstream band. I think someone put "The Feeling" and that just sickens me really, but that's to do with peope's music tastes in general and not the thread.

That comment was actually referring to me wantint people to actually write a bit more than just the bands name, as I sort of saw it as being a reccomendation thread too, like "I just discovered this, you should listen to, this is why:" maybe even link to a particularly good song etc.

Nobody is going to check out a band on name alone, plus it doesn't really give any insight unless the person reading is completely familiar with the band.

Phoenix are amazing, they sound kind of like Beck with a mix of Friendly Fires and a little pinch of MGMT. You should check them out!

I recomend Lisztomania, 1901, and Fences or better yet the whole new album.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BJDNw7o6so]YouTube - Phoenix - Lisztomania Official Video (Best Quality + Lyrics)[/ame]

or and if you aren't convinced yet, they're french! :heart:

Phoenix are amazing, they sound kind of like Beck with a mix of Friendly Fires and a little pinch of MGMT. You should check them out!

I recomend Lisztomania, 1901, and Fences or better yet the whole new album.

or and if you aren't convinced yet, they're french! :heart:

don't worry i know all now :smug:

i'm convinced they're french :rolleyes:

i'm proud of them btw

run run run is also good

1901 = win. Such a great song. Other than that though they do tend to blend into a load of other bands who do the same kind of thing.

Oh and they sound nothing like MGMT or Beck.

yeah they sound a bit like MGMT but i really don't like this band :thinking: