✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

RIP Jennifer/Nettie

bello-lo

A huge personality who so many people will know from here if they've been around for a few years, and many many more will know from the gigs.

The boys themselves will know who she is from lots of meetings down the years...

Very sad news indeed :(

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh ok.

this is so weird, because i remember months ago when guyberryman.net suddenly stopped having updates, i had wondered where nettie went and why she wasnt updating the site. then i thought, what if she's dead? how would i know? and i began thinking about it for a while and i got worried...

and guyberryman.net and my coldplay.com stopped working.

but then i knew she was still around because she would update stuff in fb groups and the like.

but now that she's actually dead....i feel really weird about how i had wondered about that a few months back. :uhoh: :shame:

edit: @tonsu: i wonder if the boys will hear about this? and know who it is? i hope so

:bigcry:

This is so sad! :bigcry:

she was such a loyal berrygirl! she ran his website for him and everything! :bigcry: i wonder how she died tho?! was she sick? that might explain why she stopped guyberryman.net and mycoldplay!

:cry: ahh rest in peace Nettie

:bigcry:

This is so sad! :bigcry:

she was such a loyal berrygirl! she ran his website for him and everything! :bigcry: i wonder how she died tho?! was she sick? that might explain why she stopped guyberryman.net and mycoldplay!

:cry: ahh rest in peace Nettie

tragic car accident, liz. :cry:

there's an article in the first post

What can I say.

I'm so shocked this has actually happened.

I've known Jen since I first came to Coldplaying in 2005, she was friendly to everyone. I went to the Isle of Wight Festival with her and Steph in 2006. We survived that epic run to the barrier and the whole day til' 9pm when they came on.

We progressed to loving the band Bloc Party together, and pretty much every gig I've been to of theirs' has been with her and a close group of about 10 of us who have all become good friends.

I know that sometimes she could be pretty outspoken and boisterous but deep down all she was showing was her passion to get as close to the music and gigs as possible I believe. Some people may have disliked her personality sometimes but if you got to know her, you know that she always looked out for her friends and was a caring person.

I made some road trips with her to Coldplay concerts at Christmas, she generously let me come even though I had not enough money to pay her for one of the tickets. There we met Mariana and had a good time.

I was only with her just 2 weeks ago at a very small intimate and wonderful Bloc Party gig in London. I will have fond memories of that day. With our Bloc Party group of friends we queued and had our usual fun times. Seeing her so recently has made this very tough for me today.

Will miss you very much Jen, my friend, RIP.

It was well documented that Nettie and I had our differences and although she was last seen properly on Coldplaying back in 2007 we shared the same passion and dedication for Coldplay through running websites and watching show after show after show. Everyone can clearly see through the photos what love she had for music and many live bands, I'm sure her catalogue of concerts beats most peoples' hands down.

This is tragic news and thoughts go out to her friends and family. RIP Nettie.

OMG This is so horrible.... I didn't know Nettie, never talked to her as I joined cping when she was already on her own site, but as many of us I knew perfectly who she was and how devoted she was.

This is so sad, may you rest in peace Jen.

Wow, Nettie was still on here a bit when I joined, I believe, and even though I never really talked directly to her or anything, she always seemed like a passionate and determined person who knew her music and her way around a concert scene. I envied her ability to go to so many shows (and be so close!) and be as rabid a fan as she was without caring what anyone else said about it. This is very sad news, and I know she'll be remembered around here :sad:.

What can I say.

I'm so shocked this has actually happened.

I've known Jen since I first came to Coldplaying in 2005, she was friendly to everyone. I went to the Isle of Wight Festival with her and Steph in 2006. We survived that epic run to the barrier and the whole day til' 9pm when they came on.

We progressed to loving the band Bloc Party together, and pretty much every gig I've been to of theirs' has been with her and a close group of about 10 of us who have all become good friends.

I know that sometimes she could be pretty outspoken and boisterous but deep down all she was showing was her passion to get as close to the music and gigs as possible I believe. Some people may have disliked her personality sometimes but if you got to know her, you know that she always looked out for her friends and was a caring person.

I made some road trips with her to Coldplay concerts at Christmas, she generously let me come even though I had not enough money to pay her for one of the tickets. There we met Mariana and had a good time.

I was only with her just 2 weeks ago at a very small intimate and wonderful Bloc Party gig in London. I will have fond memories of that day. With our Bloc Party group of friends we queued and had our usual fun times. Seeing her so recently has made this very tough for me today.

Will miss you very much Jen, my friend, RIP.

Well said Kara.

I haven't been on here in such a long time but wanted to just come and say that I had some hillarious times with Jen back in the day...she was a vibrant, fun, bright young woman and undoubtedly the biggest Coldplay fan I ever came across...I am so shocked to hear of her untimely death.

Those who were on the board back around '05 will i'm sure never forget her obsession with Guy and the funny conversations we'd all have about it...she was an absolute scream, with a wicked sense of humour (and laugh to match!). That run we did with her to the barrier at IOW Kara....i'll never forget it! And indeed any concert we attended with her...she was always psyching us up before they opened the doors, planning routes to run and helping us get to the front with her!

To those like Kara who still saw her often I am so sorry for the loss of your good friend..

RIP Jen.

OMG R.I.P Why are so many people dying this time .. :(

Yeah it's been a really bad year with regards to lives being taken!

RIP Jen a.k.a Nettie. I knew of her from guyberryman.net and she made a Facebook group dedicated to Guy. Seemed very sweet and dedicated. She'll be missed.

I'll miss her anyways :bigcry:

I've heard so much.

Didn't she get wished a happy birthday by coldplay in an interview once?

I have it on my iPod.

As I can remember they did that while playing live or not?

@miss_g

Indeed! almost everyday important people dies since a few weeks.:\