✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin Quotes

TyM218

"My dad used to work at a radio station. There was DJ who came to our house for a party, I sprayed him with some water... 3 years later, he was a transvestite."

"I drool all over the place…If you’re in the front row at a Coldplay show, you could really go away with a lot of DNA. You could literally re-create us."

"My dream is that Will suddenly says: 'I'm going to be a flamboyant homosexual drummer and wear outrageous clothes and say outrageous things.'"

"If I have a problem with a chorus, I like to go into the men’s room, ’cause the echo is nice. Doesn’t smell so great, so you need to write it quickly so you can get out of there."

“If you find it depressing you can call it Death and All His Friends. And if you find it uplifting, Viva La Vida. And if you’re into mining, you call it Or(e).”

"There are good days and not so good days, you know? But, the thing is.............................I got to have a ride in a fire engine. How cool is that?"

“This is the part of the concert where everyone can just nuzzle back with their girlfriend and eat popcorn. If you haven't got a girlfriend, just eat your popcorn. If you haven't got any popcorn, just eat someone's girlfriend....'s popcorn.”

"When it comes to girls, I behave like an idiot...I'm very good at maintaining my relationship with Jonny, though. If we had sex, though, it would ruin everything."

Interviewer: "What makes Jonny Buckland such an amazing bandmate?"

Chris: "Bedmate?"

Jonathan Ross: "What was the argument about?"

Chris: "Will slept with....my aunt."

Chris: My little brother doesn't really like coldplay, he's into heavier stuff

Interviewer: Like metal?

Chris: No, fatter singers.

Interviewer: Congratulations you won an award for best direction.

Chris: What's best erection?

Chris: If you get a permanent marker and you draw six squares on your tummy, it gives you an abdomen. From a distance, the girls will be impressed, let me tell you that from experience.

Interviewer: We're at a secret location, we can't say where we are.

Chris: Really?

Interviewer: Yes, because then hundreds of thousands fans would come barging into the hotel room, so

Chris: So they would come barging into the room 1109 the Seraton Chicago?

Chris: We've got the greatest job in the world. Except for Shakira's dancers. That's gotta be a great place to be, behind Shakira.

Chris: (referring to Yellow) In an alternative universe this song would be called Playboy.

Interviewer: The show last night was fantasic. It really was unbelievable. Can we please talk about your balls.... not yours at the concert, you know what I mean, they were beautiful.

Chris: Can you say that as a whole sentence?

Interviewer: Okay, your balls are beautiful.

Chris: Ohhhhh!

""Fame is bullshit," he says today. "But that was a moment where even I thought, You lucky bastard. Enjoy it!"

"We're not Travis, OK? We've just been doing horse off a hooker's back,"

Fan: My favorite thing about you guys is how humble you are. How do you stay grounded?

Chris: Because we're brillant. That's how we stay grounded....... I don't wanna be the only one talking , but everyone else's still waking up! Jonny, how do you stay grounded?

Jonny: Uhhh... I dunno.

Chris: See? It's like getting blood out of a stone at this time in the morning.

Chris: At the same time I was feeling like a bit of a failure

Interviewer: How can you be a failure after selling more than 20 million records?

Chris: Well y'know alot of people voted for Hilter.

“I take the credit for being the only band member that everyone else has threatened to hit.”

Interviewer: What was your first extravagant purchase?

Chris: That's such a Cribs question... Probably my rims... for my plane.

"Helping with your homework!

Come on, we're rocking man!

Helping with your homework

Come on, let's rock!

If you've got geography, I'll do your homework!

Why don't you send me your ALGEBRA!?"

"In America, when we say biscuits everyone goes crackers... Think about that”

Fan: How'd you get the name Coldplay?

Chris: We stole it. We saw some band walking down the street with it and fought them.

Chris: Hell would have to not only freeze over, but be skated over and completely closed up. The pope would have to declare that it didn't even exist. I can't think of anything worse. And I'm sure most of your readers would agree.

Dan: So if there is a Chris Martin solo album, I can really call you a liar.

Chris: It would probably mean that I've been dumped by my wife and I desperately need the money.

"We had an idea for a concert - and we still might, but I'm telling you the idea so someone else might do it - that we wanted to have a song, and we played it in Guitar Hero. So instead of playing real instruments we wanted to play guitar hero guitars."

"When Will does something you don't question it. You just let him do what he wants to do and if he wants to paint a picture or a pony you just let it happen."

"This is where we hang out. Where we philosophize. Where we theorize. Where we hypnotize."

“All my condiments were covered by guitar... did I just say condiments?”

Chis: "why did I play it well, becaussssss, well. Otherwise I would've just stayed at home and masterbated. It would have been a waste of another day."

I believe you've got a special gift and announcement for your Australian fans exclusively tonight

Chris: Yes, Jonny is pregnant with the baby of Jon Bon Jovi”

Chris: Buy one, get one free — it comes from working in Kwik Save,

Interviewer: Did you really used to work in Kwik Save, Chris?

Chris : I did, yeah. But after a while, they said to me, ‘Listen Chris, I know the album X&Y wasn’t very good, but really, you don’t have to keep coming to work here...’ ”

Had these saved from ages ago :P

Probably on here already but thought I'd repost

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stink but I'm in the greatest band in the world.

If you're really a girl with passion, then you should fancy Jonny cause he's the one I reckon. Will is basically attached, Guy is too sexy for anyone's good. My money's on Jonny, he's got it all.

BBC Radio1 backstage at London Kentishtown forum, August 2002.

If you're really a girl with passion, then you should fancy Jonny cause he's the one I reckon. Will is basically attached, Guy is too sexy for anyone's good. My money's on Jonny, he's got it all.

ohmygod :awesome::laugh3:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

“It’s weird that whatever else is on your mind, whether it’s the downfall of global economics or terrible environmental troubles, the thing that always gets you most is when you fancy someone” — Chris Martin

I love this quote. :cheesy:

I stink but I'm in the greatest band in the world.

:laugh3:

I love this quote. :cheesy:

Yeah that's a good one!