✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin Quotes

TyM218

I don't know if it was already posted but I just watched it and it made me laugh so hard! It's from VH1 Storytellers. Jonny & Chris are talking about Fix you

Jonny: It was the first song that...you know...mood me

Chris: Yeah, and you ruined it with your guitar !

:lol: Chris, Chris, Chris :lol:

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it was already posted but I just watched it and it made me laugh so hard! It's from VH1 Storytellers. Jonny & Chris are talking about Fix you

Jonny: It was the first song that...you know...mood me

Chris: Yeah, and you ruined it with your guitar !

:lol: Chris, Chris, Chris :lol:

I watched "VH1 Storytellers" too.

Jonny was very serious speaking about "Fix You" and Chris intervened :rolleyes:

Chris, Chris, Chris...:rolleyes::)

Chris: Are you alright? I have never seen a lady in the front row looking so sad. Are you ok?

Are you alright? Yes, you...are you alright? I was worried about you as we were playing Yellow which is like a world wide hit and you are looking like your dog just died...has he just died?

Have you got a dog? He hasn't just died?...Even if he had just died, you wouldn't have a dog. It's a stupid question.

Radom Chris at a gig in 2001

Chris: Are you alright? I have never seen a lady in the front row looking so sad. Are you ok?

Are you alright? Yes, you...are you alright? I was worried about you as we were playing Yellow which is like a world wide hit and you are looking like your dog just died...has he just died?

Have you got a dog? He hasn't just died?...Even if he had just died, you wouldn't have a dog. It's a stupid question.

Bad Chris,lol!! Sadly back then there really were people lucky enough to be that close who didn't give a damn. Glad things have turned around for them!:D

Can't believe how he comes up with these things :lol:

Bad Chris,lol!! Sadly back then there really were people lucky enough to be that close who didn't give a damn. Glad things have turned around for them!:D

Well, at my gig this past September, there was a young man about 18 yrs old, right in front of me, who was acting that cool while everybody around him was going crazy. At least he had a smile on his face but wouldn't get excited for nothing. I mean to be near me, he had to have come way early and spent all afternoon on his feet just to get the spot he did. He reminded me of all the interviews where Chris says he gets bothered about people like that. In his case though, I think he was just shy. I unintentionally abused him big time. I would raise my arms only to hit him on the shoulders or in the back of the head. He'd give me a look and then go back to his still position. LOL

Well, at my gig this past September, there was a young man about 18 yrs old, right in front of me, who was acting that cool while everybody around him was going crazy. At least he had a smile on his face but wouldn't get excited for nothing. I mean to be near me, he had to have come way early and spent all afternoon on his feet just to get the spot he did. He reminded me of all the interviews where Chris says he gets bothered about people like that. In his case though, I think he was just shy. I unintentionally abused him big time. I would raise my arms only to hit him on the shoulders or in the back of the head. He'd give me a look and then go back to his still position. LOL

Unless I have a guitar in my hands, I'm actually a very shy person, and a horrible dancer,lol. But at a Coldplay show i can't help but let go and dance my ass off! And it does the band so much good to see people getting into it. i guess though, as long as he's enjoying the music, It doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do. Still, it's hard to imagine standing still at their gigs,lol.:D

• 4 weeks later...

Some people just enjoy music that way. :) At concerts I dance around, jumps and sing along, but one of my friends enjoy concerts by just standing there and listen. :nice:

I agree that different people enjoy music in different ways, but at my O2 concert, I was pretty much the ONLY one in my entire block for quite a long time standing up and dancing.. I did feel extremely self-conscious, but really.. I wasn't about to sit there, or I may as well have been at home watching the telly! Once everyone finally did get up, during Viva.. the entire concert had a different flavour for me.

I'm not a total extravert, but somehow I can't help but dance to Coldplay...

Comicforce, how come didn't people dance at CP home town concert? I would imagine that they would have gone crazy no matter where they are, standing area or seated....I don't live in UK so it kind of suprises me...Coldplay is such a internationally succesful band which British audience should be pride of...Does it have something to do with the "haters thing" which Chris mention a lot in his interviews? (e.g. "burn our new CD if you do not like them"). Or is it something else? Is it a matter of just a way of enjoying the gig (without getting crazy ;)

• 1 month later...
TracieMorgan, thnx. Now I can finally watch it!

^I don't understand how you can not dance to their music in a concert. I'm not really such an extravert person, but I've been liberately dancing december 17th, not thinking about anything else around me.

I was there as well! (Danced my ass off, haha)

I loved how at one point the seated area got up, and everybody was just dancing and enjoying the music. That rarely happens in Holland, but it was so nice :)

Comicforce, how come didn't people dance at CP home town concert? I would imagine that they would have gone crazy no matter where they are, standing area or seated....I don't live in UK so it kind of suprises me...Coldplay is such a internationally succesful band which British audience should be pride of...Does it have something to do with the "haters thing" which Chris mention a lot in his interviews? (e.g. "burn our new CD if you do not like them"). Or is it something else? Is it a matter of just a way of enjoying the gig (without getting crazy ;)

Hey long time no thread.. LOL..

The answer to this I think lies in the fact that we're British (damnit) we don't DO exhibitionism.. not in public anyway! It's very hard to get past that British reserve.. although I have NEVER experienced it at a concert before..:thinking: that was distinctly odd.. Also I think it's also to do with the height we were at! If you were even slightly worried about heights, it would scare you! It was very steep! and the bit you had to stand on, once the chair was folded, was about 8 inches at the most.