Chris Martin Quotes

TyM218

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favourites :laugh3:

Chris: Buy one, get one free — it comes from working in Kwik Save,

Interviewer: Did you really used to work in Kwik Save, Chris?

Chris : I did, yeah. But after a while, they said to me, ‘Listen Chris, I know X&Y wasn’t very good, but really, you don’t have to keep coming to work here...’ ”

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

He really puts down "X&Y" ..lol

Talking about their busking experience..

Will: Then the police showed up.

Chris: Not Sting, but the rest of them.

:laugh3::laugh3:

Chris : I did, yeah. But after a while, they said to me, ‘Listen Chris, I know X&Y wasn’t very good, but really, you don’t have to keep coming to work here...’ ”

:disappointed:

the track-by-track he did in 60 minutes was great too.

Sparks: Tryin to rip-off Lehonard Cohen

Spies: Tryin to rip-off Radiohead

Yellow: Tryin to rip-off My Bloody Valentine

Parachutes: Classic

High Speed: Not so classic

Everythings not lost: isnt it?

clocks: our first ringtone :D

and liquid amber forever! :heart::laugh3::laugh3:

The best description of All Points West

"As four people from Britain who grew up in the mud and rain, we take off our proverbial hats to you New Yorkers and New Jerseyans who came out to what can only be described as a mud jacuzzi."

and I can honestly say that it was a mud jacuzzi

Hmm...if we're talking live concert quotes:

at the Cricket Wireless last month:

I can't remember what exactly, but he started talking about the tailgating tradition in the U.S. and how we BBQ/cook outside before the show...tailgating was a phenomenon to him (haha) since it rains all the time in GB. So he dedicated "The Hardest Part" to those of us who'd cooked prior to the concert...the lines "you left the sweetest taste in my mouth" and "I could feel it go down" fit perfectly.

Haha. I thought it was pretty clever. I dunno if he's done it before, but it cracked me up :)

"We have this album for you, the only downside is it doesn't cost any money at all"

-Chris, Toronto 2009

Lol just one of the many many hilarious things Chris said during that concert. I loved the comment he made about his hair, although I disagree with it.

"Getting tattooed is brilliant. I got a few done in my 30s and it is the best ever - especially if you are married and can't take drugs because the (British newspaper) Daily Mirror might find out. I recommend getting a tattoo whether you are 70 or 12 - actually, maybe not 12, I think that might be a bit too young."

hahaha I love him...I would love to see those tattoos of his ;)

In reference to the disgusting mud that was all over the place at the amazing All Points West Festival last night:

"If your feet are muddy, won't you let me know"

"This has to be one of the strangest smelling but best concerts we've ever played"

When we first attempted the Coldwave:

"That was fucking horrible try that again"

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:!!!

:heart:!!

I'm not sure those were his exact words but I'm 99% sure that it was something close to that. Even when he curses at us we still love him :lol:

I actually love it when he curses! Not sure why, I just really love it.

One of my favorite quotes:

“I got trapped in the friendship tip many, many times. It was like, ‘I need to be a rock star because this is no good: Being the kind of guy that everybody likes but no one wants to have sex with. I don’t want to be the person that makes everybody laugh before they go off and bang. I want to be the guy that everybody bangs!”

:laugh3:!!!!

i almost forgot about that one!

Ok here is one of my favorites, I think someone mentioned it before on this thread, here's the vid-

-

YouTube - Chris and Guy ACL interview 2005

"we're musically bisexual. we like both"

:laugh3::lol:

i love that!

Rove: "That's your only vice isn't it, chocolate?"

Chris: "Well one of them. Chocolate and bondage"

ZING! What a man!

:wink3::sneaky:

that whole interview is hilarious!!:laugh3:

:laugh3::laugh3:!!!

i love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Getting tattooed is brilliant. I got a few done in my 30s and it is the best ever - especially if you are married and can't take drugs because the (British newspaper) Daily Mirror might find out. I recommend getting a tattoo whether you are 70 or 12 - actually, maybe not 12, I think that might be a bit too young."

hahaha I love him...I would love to see those tattoos of his ;)

:lol:

he as an "A" and an "M" on his inner wrists for his children :wacky::heart:

and supposedly he has one for gwyn somewhere on his body :\

*points to sig* "Not to sound ridiculous...." :lol::wacky::heart:

And in Philly on November 1st which was the day after the phillies world series parade and the week they won the world series [:dance::dance::dance:] right before he began to sing fix you he said "this is for everyone in tampa bay"

:laugh3::heart::lol::laugh3:!!

and also earlier that night "we don't have baseball where we come from but even we know that world series is a big fucking deal" :D:D:D:D

and may 26th in camden talking about the mexican cell phone wave

"maybe some business person is working late in philadelphia and they'll look over and think 'huh what the fuck is that?!' "

:laugh3::heart::heart::lol:!!!

"If you don't like Coldplay, now's the time to leave the world...we're about to take it over."

“Coldplay fans are the best in the world. If you like Coldplay then you're obviously very intelligent and good looking and all-around brilliant.”

"Whenever people ask us what they can expect from our concerts, my brain just sort of shuts down. I mean, obviously four very attractive young men playing the sexiest music ever created that will melt both your heart and your brain at the same time."

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:!!!!