✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Welcome to Coldplay Boot Camp

mrman78

ASSIGNMENT #1:

You are told you have to leave immediately for a deserted island for a taping of 'Survivor'. You can only bring five songs by any single artist with you on your MP3 player for entertainment while you are there. What five Coldplay songs would you bring?

Talk

ASSIGNMENT #2 (for girls and some guys):

There is a picture shortage, and you are only allowed to see pictures of one of the four Coldplay members for the rest of your life. Who do you choose to look at?

Jonny

ASSIGNMENT #3

Your friend, who has been living under a rock, has no idea who Coldplay are. You can play exactly ONE SONG to convince your friend how utterly fantastic they are. Which do you choose???

:laugh3: Viva la Vida

ASSIGNMENT #4

You have to pick one Coldplay single (like, the CD, including b-sides) to listen to the rest of your life; what do you pick?

Violet Hill

ASSIGNMENT#5

You must choose 5 Coldplay songs to be destroyed and never listened to again by anyone. What's your 5?

Don't Panic

Lost+

Things I don't Understand

Proof

One I love

ASSIGNMENT #6

Be honest. What DON'T you like about Coldplay? ("Nothing" does not count as a valid answer for this one and all "nothing"ers shall be spanked with a hot iron rod)

Their too popular. :shifty:

ASSIGNMENT #7:

You are part of the first manned mission to Mars and will be gone for many years. You can only take one Coldplay-related piece of memorabilia with you (CD, DVD, book, poster, etc.) What do you take?

My Coldplay Scrapbook

ASSIGNMENT #8

While recording one day, tensions rise and the boys decide to settle their problems the old fashioned way: a free for all cage match. If you were placing bets who would you choose?

Will :dozey:

ASSIGNMENT #9:

You are drinking with Coldplay. Who can you out drink and who will be the last man standing?

If I was at a legal age to drink, I would at least out drink Jonny :rolleyes:

But I think Guy would be the last one able to stand, period.

ASSIGNMENT #10:

Chris, Jonny, Guy, and Will all simultaneously propose to you at the same time. Which one do you say yes to?(Note:you may not become a mormon or move to a country where multiple spouses are permitted. And yes, even the guys must answer this question)

I think I would choose Jonny, because I wouldn't want to move to some wierd country like that! :freak:

Quote:

ASSIGNMENT #11

Everyone dies someday. If it were up to you, which Coldplay member would you want to die first? (Whether it's tomorrow or 30 years from now)

If anyone of them died, I would be miserable, but i would have to say Will... :bigcry:

ASSIGNMENT #12:

Somebody offers you ten million dollars to never listen to Coldplay again. You are currently dying of poverty. Do you take the money or spit in the mans' face?

:spits in face and bites off arm:

AND KEEP AWAY!!!! :veryangry: :whip:

ASSIGNMENT #12.1 (AMENDMENT)

You cannot think of another way out of this terrible mess. The offer is tempting. You're facing a very hard time ahead if you don't get the money to pull yourself out of this. Ten million dollars is no small sum, but would you be willing to sacrifice never hearing Coldplay again to get it? What do you choose?

No, I would never even live with that! :bigcry:

ASSIGNMENT #13

If you could only watch one Coldplay music video for the rest of your life (and no others whatsoever), which one would it be?

Speed of Sound

ASSIGNMENT #14

After Wembley, Guy decides he's had enough and quits the band to become a monk. Should Coldplay: A) Disband completely and stop touring/recording; B) Find a new 4th bandmate and carry on touring and recording; or C) Not replace Guy, but continue touring and recording.

I think C.

Just because Guy gives up, I don't think everyone else should. :hat:

ASSIGNMENT #15

Chris, Guy, Will, and Jonny decide to take some time off of Coldplay and go solo for awhile. You can only buy one of the four albums. Whose do you buy?

Jonny's, because I want to know what him singing an ENTIRE songs sounds like :escaping:

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assignment 2

I guess Guy.. But basically it's kind of spooky to look at some "Guys" (got it?^^) face for the rest of my life.

Assignment 3

Fix you: People shiver hearing this song;)

Assignment 4

Definatly Amsterdam

Assignment 5

Spies

Things I don't understand

Such a rush

Cemetries of London

Assignment 6

Chris Martins popularity compared to the other 3 band members.

Assignment 7

My Pop-Art painting showing the 4 band members made by my best friend.

Assignment 8

Even if Chris, Guy and Jonny would fight together. Will is the Champion;)

Assignment 9

I do not think that they are used to drink a lot of alcohol, so I guess nobody of them would outdrink me. But Chris would be the first laying under the table and probably Will would stand a while bc of his body mass :D

Assignment 10

Chris. He has Sex with Gwineth which makes me indirect to one of her partners;)

Assignment 11

Stupid question. Well but I guess it should be Chris to get a huge "Chris Martin memorial" at Wimbelton.

Assignment 12

10 million don't give you feeling Coldplays music gives you.

Assignment 13

Lovers in Japan

Assignment 14

B) is a good decision if you watch a video on youtube about zombaid, coldplay replaces guy and will with Nick Frost and Simon Pegg, which would me an excellent alternative:D

Assignment 15

Will Champion. He is indeed an awesome piano player

15. I would probably buy Chris' because I could see his being the most Coldplay-like, but then I would download the rest just to see what type of music they took on. Will's would be wonderful to hear as I could see him going in a folky direction and I think his voice is great.

1. Sleeping Sun--Love at first sight! Or hearing.

Viva la Vida--It's different. I like it.

Yellow--Truly makes me smile.

Lovers in Japan--It reminds me of my favorite play!

White Shadows--Keeps me human, puts things in perspective.

2. Nya, Chris :chris:, his pictures surprise me and make me laugh, too.

3. Hmm...it's a tough decision...where I come from, no matter what song you play from a certain band, you can't convince people to like them so easily...Meh, I guess 1.36. It's edgy enough to make at least one person like it.

4. X&Y. I like Viva la Vida, but I've loved "futuristic" sounding songs ever since I was little, and to top it off, it has some pretty cool lyrics, too. Plus, it has awesome B-Sides! *listens to Sleeping Sun on loop*

5. Hrnggggg...er...

A Spell A Rebel Yell--Kinda boring.

Lost+--I like Jay-Z's rapping, but all in all I can live without it.

42--Obviously written under the influence of a sleeping pill. It's too random, even for me.

Life in Technicolor--One Life in Technicolor is enough, thank you.

Till Kingdom Come--I think it's really out of place in X&Y...

6. That they don't put all their cool B-Sides and unreleased songs on an actual album that I can buy on iTunes or at the local music store! I have to hunt around for mp3's and it's really hard to do that! *ramble ramble*

And also, that Coldplay doesn't make a lot of funny videos like Jonny's Jazz or the infamous Nappies, or even the 1906 Christmas party anymore...

7. DVD. It'd be my first Coldplay concert ever. With the DVD I can remember what Coldplay looked like, what they sounded like, and if Chris was making fun of himself on stage. Hopefully the rocket would have a DVD player.

8. Will :will:, hands down! He's the broadest and the strongest of them all. I imagine him pinning down Guy and Chris with each hand, and sitting on Jonny.

9. *gurgles and hiccups* Of course, not me! I've never had a drink in my life. I think Will would win this drink-off for sure. The bigger you are, the more alcohol you can take. Let me tell you, I'm not exactly the biggest person out there! :will: WILL THE DRINKING CHAMPION

10. Ah...er...JONNY :jonny:! I was about to say Chris, but I realized he might not even wave to me in public because he likes to keep things private, and I don't like that. Anyway, Jonny's a happy person! And happiness is very infectious! He could probably cheer me up or make me laugh when I have a crappy day.

11. I don't want to wish death on anyone, but...I'd have to say Guy :anxious:. *shudders* Please don't kill me...

12. Hmmm I guess I can hum the songs in my head. After all, when I like a song, it sticks in my head. :) 10 million it is, then. *shakes stranger's hand* And maybe...I can use my money to meet Coldplay or something. :sneaky:

13. Lovers in Japan. It's a masterpiece, visually and musically! And the part when the butterflies start showering everywhere makes me go SQUEEEEEE :heart: :heart: :heart: :flutterby: :flutterby:

14. :stunned: Guy? A monk? Hah, he's too good looking! He'd attract girls to the monastery and the monks would either be offended, or ditch their training and have a good time! :smartass:

But anyway, I think Coldplay should continue touring and recording.

15. WILL WILL WILL WILL He's musically talented, he can sing, play the piano, guitar, and a variety of other instruments! This'd let Will be in the spotlight for a while, let him express himself and sing his warm little heart out. :singer:

15.)Aghhhhh these questions are so difficult! Who came up with this one? It's good, quite difficult.

I'd have to say Williammmmm because I already have a good idea of how Chris's solol album might sound, and I'd love to hear some more of Will singing, plus he can play so many instruments as well so I think the album would sound unique and diverse.:)

ASSIGNMENT #15

Chris, Guy, Will, and Jonny decide to take some time off of Coldplay and go solo for awhile. You can only buy one of the four albums. Whose do you buy?

I'm usually bashing Chris on this site but for once I think I'm going to break tradition. I think I'd enjoy Chris's solo record the most...

Assignment One:

-Swallowed in the Sea

-A Message

-Violet Hill

-Fix You

-How You See The World Part 2

Assignment Two:

-Probably Guy, but it's an extremely close tie between him and Chris.

Assignment Three:

-Violet Hill, Speed of Sound or Talk, depending on the friend.

Assignment Four:

-Life in Technicolor

Assignment Five:

-A Whisper

-Murder

-Only Superstition

-Bigger Stronger

Assignment Six:

-I don't really like how none of the other guys ever seem to speak up in interviews. Chris is usually doing most of the talking.

Assignment Seven:

-Live 2003

Assignment Eight:

-Will. He is the Frightening One, after all.

Assignment Nine:

-a. I can't legally drink yet...so no one, probably.

-b. Guy.

Assignment Ten:

-Probably Guy, because the other three are already married and Guy is gorgeous. xD

Assignment Eleven:

-It wouldn't matter to me who went first so long as they all live to be over 100.

Assignment Twelve:

-I don't know...I'd have to be in that situation, I think.

Assignment Thirteen:

-Strawberry Swing, Violet Hill or Talk

Assignment Fourteen:

-I vote none of the above. Chris, Will and Jonny should kidnap Guy and poke/bug/tickle/any other form of non life-threatening torture him until he agrees to come back to the band.

Assignment Fifteen: I'd have to see what kind of music they would come out with. But if it was all Coldplay-sounding, I'd have to go with either Chris or Will.

ASSIGNMENT #14

After Wembley, Guy decides he's had enough and quits the band to become a monk. Should Coldplay: A) Disband completely and stop touring/recording; B) Find a new 4th bandmate and carry on touring and recording; or C) Not replace Guy, but continue touring and recording.

i suppose A or C.

i think coldplay would be super weird with any of them being replaced.

ASSIGNMENT #15

jonny's. i think his would be the most surprising.

i suppose A or C.

i think coldplay would be super weird with any of them being replaced.

I agree. I think that at least if they were going to replace Guy then they should change the band name and start fresh because it's just not Coldplay without all the original members.

• 1 month later...

Ok, this is too much fun. I'm going to do the rest of the assignments.

#3:

LiTii

#4:

Clocks because it has Yellow Live. (these aren't on my list of 5, so this adds some extra favourites!)

#5:

Ummm I would prefer that none were ever destroyed. They're all so precious to me!! But if I HAVE to......wow this is killing me.

Murder

Only Superstition

Such a Rush

How You See the World No.2 (muahaa still have the first one!)

#6:

What don't I like...I dont like the fact that they aren't married to me.

#7:

Coldplay Live 2003 DVD...I can watch AND listen!!

#8:

Chris...he's very fit.

#9:

I would not outdrink any of them, because I choose not to drink (tastes bad!!). My bet would be on Guy, though. Dont know why.

#10:

CHHHRRRIIIISSSS!!! YESYESYESYES IDO I DO I DO I DO!!!!

#11:

Umm this is going to sound horrible...I dont want to say that I want one to die!! But I guess Will, but not for years and years and years. Sorry, Will, I looovvee you still!! Its just that the others could write a lovely ballad for you, and it would probably not have drums in it.

#12:

SPIT IN HIS UGLY FACE!

#13:

Fix You :)

#14:

C. No one could ever replace Guy, but I couldn't live without Coldplay

#15:

Chris! Voice=angel.

ASSIGNMENT 16:: After a Coldplay concert, you get into your car and, miracle of miracles!, you see Chris, Guy, Jonny, and Will each get into separate cars right in front of you!! They all go separate directions. Which car would you choose to follow?