✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The XX

deaths_friend

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ You don't need an extensive musical knowledge to notice it, the similarity is obvious. I'm not accusing them of anything, I've known Glasvegas' Geraldine since years ago and I discovered The xx just recently, and that particular song reminded me a bit of it. That's all.

^Okay, and I happened to name one of the thousand.

^^ You don't need an extensive musical knowledge to notice it, the similarity is obvious. I'm not accusing them of anything, I've known Glasvegas' Geraldine since years ago and I discovered The xx just recently, and that particular song reminded me a bit of it. That's all.

^Okay, and I happened to name one of the thousand.

I just don't see it, sorry!

Holy crap! I think I'm in love.

Just stumbled upon Shelter on Spotify and am listening to their album currently. I'm loving it! It's amazing. Cannot believe that I haven't heard of them before. Shocking.

Really looking forward to their new one in Sept. :D

^I KNOW, RIGHT?! :awesome: They are so absolutely amazing, I can't get bored of their songs , not even with listening to the album on a daily basis for two months.

The music puts me in a state of trance that I don't want to get out of.

I don't remember being excited like this over a band since I heard of Coldplay and that's been so many years ago ( I'm not that much into Coldplay anymore). What's more, I'm not even used to that type of music. Heck, they're magnificent!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one burning with passion :dazzled:

It's been a long time since I liked an album on the first listen! Even follow up albums to my favourite bands had to grow on me after a few listens! Haha.

I'm absolutely loving the Intro btw. Is there a longer version out there or one with lyrics to it? Or is the album version it?

:cheesy:

Btw, what do you guys think about the new material played live? With Coexist, I don't think we're in for a big surprise. :shrug:

I agree with you, it's not something really new. All songs sound to me like they could have been put on the first album, xx.

Intro is actually the only XX song I like now...

Jamie XX's stuff is amazing, but I think I might have listened to the album too much. I can't listen to it :(

Yeah, I was afraid of that happening to me, but as I said, it's been two months that I'm listening to the album now, still nothing's changed. And I hope it stays like that.

I agree with you, it's not something really new. All songs sound to me like they could have been put on the first album, xx.

I concur. However, perhaps it's too soon to expect a tremendeous change, it's only their second record. So with that thought in my mind, I do like new songs and am actually having a hard time resisting them. My enjoyment of Coexist might be at stake :confused:

If I do have a complaint is that all the songs sound alike. So I can understand why one would get bored of it. I'm enjoying their sound so I don't mind it. Don't mind if they keep it for their second album too. :D

Anyone else think that the guitar work in most songs sounds so much like Foals? Or is it just me? :P

If I do have a complaint is that all the songs sound alike. So I can understand why one would get bored of it. I'm enjoying their sound so I don't mind it. Don't mind if they keep it for their second album too. :D

Anyone else think that the guitar work in most songs sounds so much like Foals? Or is it just me? :P

Yeah, they sound alike, that's true. The same happened to me already this year with Ceremonials (or was it last year, I don't remeber :stunned: ). But as you might have tried to convey, it's something brand new to me and I don't care too much ('...because I care too much, care too much...' :wacko: ), not even with the second album being pretty much the same ( which I daresay will be the case) because they're so fucking addictive and seductive.

Oh, and I don't know the Foals. At all. :uhoh:

because they're so fucking addictive and seductive.

Yes very! :D

Oh, and I don't know the Foals. At all. :uhoh:

Whaaa?! :P

If you're into Indie bands, Foals are for you. Check them out. ;)

Foals? Hmm. I'm a big fan of both bands and I never thought about that. Maybe in some songs they really do.

And anyone who hasn't listened to Foals is missing out a lot.

Right, Foals, I'll write it down. I must say I've discovered quite good bands here on Coldplaying. It would probably be years and years till I came across The xx :stunned: I'm using this opportunity to promote Beach House. You've probably heard them long before but they are my most recent discovery. And they help me get through this xx addiction. :D