🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The XX

deaths_friend

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The xx to Collaborate With BBC Orchestra

On September 19, the xx will collaborate with the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra for a performance, the BBC reports. They'll play new arrangements of tracks from 2010's The xx and their upcoming record Coexist, as well as new, specially commissioned work. The band will work with composer Alex Baranowski, who previously worked with Underworld on music for Danny Boyle's theater production of Frankenstein.

The free concert will take place on the water, in the seaside resort of Bridlington in East Yorkshire, England as part of this fall's BBC Philharmonic Presents... series. It will be broadcast live on Zane Lowe's Radio 1 program.

I think this will sound bloody amazing. Hope the performance will end up on Youtube somewhere.

I gave in and listened to the leak :shame:

It's a decent successor to their debut album, which is to say I prefer 'xx' to 'Coexist'. That's partly due to the fact that it's been months and months that I've been listening to 'xx' so of course I know the songs better whereas the new material is yet to be analysed, and because I feel like the songs in 'xx' are more versatile than the new tracks. There are some very interesting samples of sound among them, to be sure, but overall the new album fails to make me instantaneously fall in love with it, which happened with the debut. The fact that they sound all the same and are unable to produce something interesting again I dismiss in its entirety. I still haven't had enough of them.

"Angels" remained the strongest track on the album, followed by "Tides", "Unfold", "Swept Away". Other tracks need to grow on me.