✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mumford & Sons

Jiminy Cricket

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from http://www.mumfordandsons.com

"It’s been a little while since the band visited the shores of mainland Europe, however we are very pleased to announce that that’s soon set to change.

In support of Babel, Mumford & Sons will be heading back for Europe in the spring and this time they’re bringing with them a long list of tour dates…

March

4th - Stodoloa - Warsaw, Poland

6th - Lucerna Music Bar - Prague, Czech Republic

7th - Gasometer - Vienna, Austria

8th - Petofi Hall - Budapest, Hungry

11th - Zenith - Munich, Germany

12th - Festhalle - Berne, Switzerland

14th - Alcatraz - Milan, Italy

15th - Obihall - Florence, Italy

16th - Atlantico - Rome, Italy

19th - Bikini - Toulouse, France

20th - Sala Razzmatazz - Barcelona, Spain

21st - Sala La Riviera - Madrid, Spain

23rd - Coliseum - Lisbon, Portugal

26th - Trianon - Paris, France

27th - Rockhal - Luxembourg, Luxembourg

28th - Lotto Arena - Antwerp, Belgium

30th - Ziggo Dome - Amsterdam, Holland

April

2nd - Velodrom - Berlin, Germany

3rd - Mitsubishi Electric Halle - Dusseldorf, Germany

4th - Sporthalle - Hamburg, Germany

8th - Vega Main Hall - Copenhagen, Denmark

10th - Cirkus - Stockholm, Sweden

11th - Sentrum Scene - Oslo, Norway

Tickets go on sale at 10am local time this Friday 9th November for every date except Norway where tickets will go on sale at 9am.

Much love,

M&S HQ x"

they're giving 3 concerts in april and 1 concert in march in Germany, and I'll be in Turkey between 1st march-12 april. it's same with The Killers. :| :| :| :|

• 4 weeks later...

I've got tickets for Antwerp :D Can't express how happy I am with that, got one of the extra tickets because of the move to the Sportpaleis. Have you guys seen the Road to red rocks DVD yet ? It's great imo , a good warmup if you're going to see them next year too :) !!

I've got tickets for Antwerp :D Can't express how happy I am with that, got one of the extra tickets because of the move to the Sportpaleis. Have you guys seen the Road to red rocks DVD yet ? It's great imo , a good warmup if you're going to see them next year too :) !!

Got my copy over the weekend. Haven't had the chance to see it yet though. :)

Got my copy over the weekend. Haven't had the chance to see it yet though. :)

Better than Coldplay's? :P

Well.. I like Coldplay's 2012 movie for it's positive vibe and euforic feel :rolleyes: . And Red rocks dvd more for it's real-ness if you get what i mean . Coldplay live a'la 2012 has become a big entertainment show.

If it'd be 2003 or X&Y live compared to Red Rocks , i'd definately go for 2003 :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Mumford & Sons in December, they are fantastic live! I don't know if Dawes will be supporting them throughout Europe, but if they are they're also fantastic. If you're going to see Mumford & Sons, you should definitely keep your eye out for Dawes too!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LiquidSky

Mumford channels Dave Matthews

020513mumfordsc008.jpg?c=49d8226ee337b55d1abcb2babc2d1088

Mumford & Sons aren’t the new Coldplay.

True, both are blockbuster British bands who expertly employ the epic, emotional crescendo — or maudlin, melodramatic crescendo, if you’re a hater (and there are plenty). But last night, at a sold-out TD Garden, Marcus Mumford’s performance channeled Dave Matthews, not Chris Martin.

I don’t mean the comparison as an insult — I’m no Matthews or Coldplay hater. Mumford isn’t the second coming of Bob Dylan, John Lennon or even Billy Bragg. But it’s right to celebrate whirling dervish-like folk-rock and song writing strong enough to lead to global success in 2013: four million albums sold in the United States in three years, six Grammy nominations and 27 sold-out tour dates in 16 countries just this year.

You could hear the vocal similarities to Matthews as Mumford squeezed out growls and grunts on “White Blank Page” and whispered into “Winter Winds.” Melodic overlaps showed during the stretched out groove of “Lover of the Light.” But it’s

Mumford’s layman charisma that really recalled America’s jam pop king.

Mumford — and his absurdly talented partners, multi-instrumentalists Winston Marshall, Ben Lovett and Ted Dwane — thrilled 13,912 from the opening notes of “Babel.” Nothing more than four men, a banjo, acoustic guitar, bass, kick drum and brilliant melody. No synths patches or pre-recorded tracks, no dancers or back-up singers needed.

At times the group swelled to nine with strings and horns, which really helped drive home “The Cave,” but it was mostly four guys on battered acoustic instruments. To see a capacity Garden rocked to the core by a, well, hootenanny was awesome. (Later, for an encore, the band would pop up at the back of the floor around a single mic for a bring-the-house-down a cappella “Sister.”)

Yet Mumford & Sons have skills DMB lacks. When they leaned into their harmonies, like on “I Will Wait” and “Hopeless Wanderer,” their sound came into its own. It’s a sound that pulls from a hundred great inspirations (Dylan, Bragg, the Stanley Brothers, the Pogues). And yet their roots rock revolution comes off fresh because of the energy and plain love of craft.

Mumford’s cult will continue to grow. As will the scene they’re connected to — openers Felice Brothers shared a love for well-beaten string instruments and hootin’ and hollerin’

Just as college kids bored with bad rock and dumb pop found Dave Matthews 15 years ago, they’ll find Mumford. And they’ll keep them on the road and in arenas for a decade. Maybe for even longer than Coldplay.

link

"Maybe longer than Coldplay" ??? Wow. We will see

They took Best British Band in the Brits last night!

Drunk!Winston is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen in a long time. Lol. And Ted is so sweet in looking out for him.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2T2iyTGkxg]Mumford & Sons Steal BRIT Award @ BRIT Awards 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...