✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mumford & Sons

Jiminy Cricket

First track:

"I pressed my nose up to the glass around your heart"

It's like a histrionic, awkward high school love letter. Ick. I feel dirty.

I mean I like the album, but he's gotta tone it down a bit.

hahah , that's actually my favorite line in the album untill now. Nice and Methaphoric.

I agree sometimes there's a lot of religious reference , and im in no way religious. But I do like it in songs sometimes because it makes a song sound more of a story sometimes.

A lot like coldplay does in .. Us against the world, U.F.O , Moses, God put a smile upon my face, Cemetries of London, viva la vida .

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think he would struggle to write a song without the word "pain" or "heart" in it.

Yeah , in life we often expierience pain that we .. feel in our heart/brain :) I think alot of mumford and sons tracks are about figuring out how to fix things that went wrong just like the old coldplay songs . It's human and thats why i like it . I'd like more songs like us against the world from coldplay too, songs that feel like the band are really talking to you and tell the truth of what they think about life. This album is about that i.m.o :smug:

Urgh, I just NEED Babel now, but I live in the stupid UK so it doesn't come out until Monday here :( You'd think that being a British band they would release it first in Britain, but no - we get to wait another couple of days :angry: Oh well, I am ridiculously excited for it, I absolutely can't wait :dance: - I'm half tempted to take the day off school so that when it lands on my doorstep I can just run upstairs and lock myself away from the world and listen to it 5x over :laugh3: I know that I can preview the tracks on iTunes (or just get a leak) but I didn't for Mylo so I won't for Babel.

Eeeeeeeeee excited :dazzled:

Urgh, I just NEED Babel now, but I live in the stupid UK so it doesn't come out until Monday here :( You'd think that being a British band they would release it first in Britain, but no - we get to wait another couple of days :angry: Oh well, I am ridiculously excited for it, I absolutely can't wait :dance: - I'm half tempted to take the day off school so that when it lands on my doorstep I can just run upstairs and lock myself away from the world and listen to it 5x over :laugh3: I know that I can preview the tracks on iTunes (or just get a leak) but I didn't for Mylo so I won't for Babel.

Eeeeeeeeee excited :dazzled:

your wait will be rewarded. it is really goooood.

Bought my vinyl at midnight! The record store had a listening party and gave me a sweet lithograph, too.

8022455143_f7ab27b6b5_z.jpg

8022465766_ddb87a7a12_z.jpg

Here's the inside of the vinyl if anyone's curious.

8022469264_d4a69f810e_z.jpg

I just gave it another spin. I think I was a bit hard on it, but I still think it's really sappy and over-the-top. "Lover of the Light," I think, is the best track on there.

Anyway, it's a solid album. I'm happy with it.

I know what you mean Brent (at least I think)

First listen I wa so disappointed because it was so cheesy and lacked freshness .... and because of you I heard all the time the guy singing about his heart in pain, his hurting heart or cold heart.

I gave it another try and the songs got better. This makes me think that I will enjoy it more when listening to it more. Right now the album is okay.

Babel is truly amazing! Sure, it's more of the same compared with Sigh No More, but like said earlier, it's more agressive and has some really awesome guitar parts. Best tracks: Babel, I Will Wait, Holland Road, Lover Of The Light, Hopeless Wanderer and Below My Feet. I just can't stop listening! :D

OMG a photo of Brent! I don't know why I've been trying to guess what you look like, but I haven't imagined you to be like that.

I man, I have a lot of pictures on here. Haha.

I usually wear glasses but the reflection of my screen on them looked weird.

You look soooo...OK.

Uhhhh that's nice of you?

I saw them yesterday at ROugh Trade East. I took a video,here it is:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMKtugebKdQ&list=HL1348610309&feature=mh_lolz]Mumford and sons - Ghosts That We Knew @Rough Trade East - YouTube[/ame]

Sound quality is pretty bad at times (was recording with phone) and my hands were shaking a bit,so sorry about that :/

Is there anyone out there who is planning to come to their gig in December at the O2? :)

1. Hopeless Wanderer

2. Lover of the Light

3. Babel

4. Below My Feet

5. I Will Wait

6. Ghosts That We Knew

7. Whispers in the Dark

8. Lover's Eyes

9. Broken Crown

10. Not With Haste

11. Reminder

12. Holland Road

But they're all really good.

For me:

1. Babel

2. Lover of the Light

3. Ghosts That We Knew

4. I Will Wait

5. Lover's Eyes

6. Whispers in the Dark

7. Hopeless Wanderer

8. Below My Feet

9. Broken Crown

10. Holland Road

11. Reminder

12. Not With Haste

But as you said, all of them are great! I'm especially looking forward to hear Babel live!