Jiminy Cricket

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

new Mumford and Sons album ''Babel''

Hey all ,

At the moment im completely addicted to mumford and sons and their new songs for the album ''Babel'', that get's released the 28th of september :nice: ! I was just wondering if some of you guys like Mumford and Sons (and Coldplay) too ? And you're opinion on the new album ofcourse :nice:

Hey all ,

At the moment im completely addicted to mumford and sons and their new songs for the album ''Babel'', that get's released the 28th of september :nice: ! I was just wondering if some of you guys like Mumford and Sons (and Coldplay) too ? And you're opinion on the new album ofcourse :nice:

Threads merged.

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty good album, the lyrics are absurdly cheesy. Really. Like, they're getting in the way. I squirmed in my chair, in fact, when I heard: "You saw my pain washed out in the rain." Is he able to write a song without the word "heart" or "pain" in it?

And I'm tired of the religious imagery. Everything else is fine.

Their sound is much more full, which I like. Mumford seems much more energetic. Instrumentation is more vibrant than the last album.

7/10

Pretty good album, the lyrics are absurdly cheesy. Really. Like, they're getting in the way. I squirmed in my chair, in fact, when I heard: "You saw my pain washed out in the rain." Is he able to write a song without the word "heart" or "pain" in it?

And I'm tired of the religious imagery. Everything else is fine.

Their sound is much more full, which I like. Mumford seems much more energetic. Instrumentation is more vibrant than the last album.

7/10

Really , i think his lyrics are what make it , sometimes simple but his own style and refreshing, like : ''Hear my voice , i came out of the woods by choice, shelter also gave the shame but in the dark I have no name ''. And as far as melody goes , they are as brilliant as Coldplay are. I'd give it a 9/10 and to be totally honest I prefer it over MX, because it has no meh songs like Every teardrop , POC and Paradise. It doesn't beat the other coldplay tracks though :)

Really , i think his lyrics are what make it , sometimes simple but his own style and refreshing, like : ''Hear my voice , i came out of the woods by choice, shelter also gave the shame but in the dark I have no name ''. And as far as melody goes , they are as brilliant as Coldplay are. I'd give it a 9/10 and to be totally honest I prefer it over MX, because it has no meh songs like Every teardrop , POC and Paradise. It doesn't beat the other coldplay tracks though :)

First track:

"I pressed my nose up to the glass around your heart"

It's like a histrionic, awkward high school love letter. Ick. I feel dirty.

I mean I like the album, but he's gotta tone it down a bit.