✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying Christmas 2009: Secret Santa - Post a pic if you already received a card :D

Lore

NOV 1st - UPDATE 3

Pm's sent, we have 172 Secret Santas from everywhere! thanks a lot guys and don't forget to send the cards

some important reminders:

* Don't reveal your match to anyone!

* If you have a question, please contact the elf that sent you your match, so we can maintain secrecy for everyone

* If you do have a question or problem, we will do our best to help, but you might not get an immediate response... we've had a pretty hectic weekend

* Don't post a picture of the card you are sending or it might spoil the surprise for the recipent... we can post pictures of the cards we recieve later on

* Don't all send your cards tomorrow! Check with your local post office how much you delivery will cost and how long it will take to arrive at it's destination... we'd like everyone to recieve their cards by December 15th if possible but it would be a bit daft if people were getting Christmas cards in the second week of November

* Once you have posted your card, send a confirmation PM to Santa with something like "Card sent" in the subject box

useful links:

German letter transit times: https://www.deutschepost.de/dpag?tab=1&skin=hi&check=yes&lang=de_EN&xmlFile=1016707 (thanks SueDeNimes)

Canada mailing dates: http://www.canadapost.ca/dec/holiday/mailingdates-e.asp (thanks anita_hype)

Pour les français voici la page où vous trouverez les infos pour vos envois ! (http://www.laposte.fr/courrierinternational/index.php?id=144) (thanks cha_buckland)

L'index avec tous les pays et leurs particularités : http://www.laposte.fr/courrierinternational/index.php?id=135 (thanks cha_buckland)

UK mailing dates: ftp://ftp.royalmail.com/Downloads/public/ctf/rm/RMG2087%20Xmas_POPOS_Leaflet_v1.pdf (thanks anita_hype)

old updates:

Oct, 25: UPDATE 2:

since almost all the members who signed up for this already sent their pm's, Alison and I decided to move the deadline so you can still send your details but just until this Wednesday, 23:59 London time, because we need some time to add everyone to the list and make pairs

sept 27 - UPDATE 1

Considering the big amount of people interested :D we'll start to receive the messages with your details now!, we just need your name (just your first name if you want) and your address (be sure that we won't share any of your details, the only person who will know that will be your secret santa

please send to details to the SecretSanta account *click here to send the PM*

Please write the name of your country in the subject box so we'll try to pair you with someone from far away :P

if you're not in the list yet, you still can enter of course!

Timetable

- Deadline for sign up:Midnight Wednesday 28th October

- Pairings drawn the week after

- Notification of who you are mailing to: weekend of Saturday 7th/Sunday 8th November

please aim to have your card arrive in December, ask your local post office for advice on how long your card will take to arrive

any questions, just post here or ask me (Lore) or Redgirl76 (Alison)

__

Final list:

**Laura**

*StrawberryGirl*

.:VivaLaVida:.

a-chan

airieslady

akasapple

alikay45

anadebi28

analoeskah

angedediamant

Angel_brb

aniskywalker

anita_hype

ApproximatelyInfinite

ariadnasquire

arwen88

aunie

beans

bear

Becca Hopkins

belli012002

bellynelly

BerrymanGirl1

blue_girl

Briggins

brkwall33

busybeeburns

but a dream

Carla

carorioscenteno

catchmeluckybigs

ceader'schild

ceolsige

cha buckland

Chavi

CHB

cheryl2

chevallier

chlllll

Christa1

christinawshere

cillaben

Cirkusprinsessa

cobalt

Coldi

coldplay.obsessed

coldplay_is_louve.

Coldplayer220289

CookyMnstr

Corkus

CPRani

Cris_Santos

Cris84Poland

Dark_Sofie

Dee

deniseq

dontpanic42

eglantine

Emily1931

EmmaLouiseSmyth

erinlee20

eshijazi

fatima_8

flickahidalgo

fritzeal

Gitta Rensolo

graceful

greeneyes1207

HeidiBerryman

i♥C.MART

Imke

iPsy

iriden

Italian Plastic

ivet

Janini

Jayzo

jeffc418

jenflor

johkujii

Julie

juliejulie

justjess

Karen6321

karenc

KeddieChan

kimgan

Kite

kjones31

LauraLaura82

ldnsky

Legal Princess

léoðwyrhta

lfdianne

lfrazer

Lilya

lindam

Linlaarie

LittleMissMessy

long_live_the_king

Lore

loudefix

LoverinGermany

lovingcoldplay1

luckygirl1791

Macintosh

maggy 6146

Makayla

mappandlucia

marianatsl

marie/pims

MariePeter18

McKennaNY

mehelik

Melanieau

merryberry9

mikamay

Mimixxx

MrsMartin333

nadi

nancyk58

nightmarequeen

Nikki84

Noemie

Novah

NumbersGirl

Pai

PePe57

pixiepen

Pockets

PrincessYellow136

Pris

professa95

prospekthd42

R_Burns

raphaele

Raven12

RedGirl76

Ro-Anshi

rushofbloodUK

SarahSchimidt

scusi

secretspy

silver.lining42

Sirhc

Sleeping Sun

sozej

sp★rkle

Space Cadet

starsinheavenalign

Stefan-C8

strawberryswinger

SueDeNimes

surfangirl15

SwallowedInSea

technicolor_love78

Texasluvsjonny

tomismacek

Twisted mind

valypan

Verussia

Vickyi

vitaamine

viva la vida

Vivalicious

weiru

WVGal (tracylynn)

yeahhright

yuls

Zeya

Ziggy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea, but those shipping things are kinda frustating.. maybe something on the forums here or somewhere else over the internet?

Maybe like those signs as lately.. not exactly the sings but the idea of it.. or making a photo of yourselfs with a christmas card created by their owns for Coldplaying members?

Don't know, it sounds kinda weird :P

still don't know what we can do, I just want to know how many of you would be interested in something like this.

the ones who sent postcards to coldplay last year probably know about shipping costs, sending a postcard for example is not that expensive, just around a dollar I think

It would be cool to send "holiday" card. Not everyone celebrates Christmas but we'll all be moving in to 2010.

It's hardly "shipping" to send a card. It's very cheap, wherever you're sending it to. I've swapped postcards with a few Coldplayers since the PFFA project, it's fun to get mail from another part of the world.

I'm in.

still don't know what we can do, I just want to know how many of you would be interested in something like this.

the ones who sent postcards to coldplay last year probably know about shipping costs, sending a postcard for example is not that expensive, just around a dollar I think

Love this idea! I'm in, too! :)

as for shipping, can't speak for other parts of the world, but when I sent copies of LRLRL out to Switzerland and Australia, it only cost around $2 each. Really cheap, I thought. :)