✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

28-Feb-2010 - Apoteose Stadium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Hey raphaele. it was a pleasure to meet you too.

in fact, it was the first time I met anyone I've met online through coldplay. I got a chance to finaly meet Cris, who I've been talking to online since at least 2005. :)

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This concert was brilliant :awesome:

seems that for Coldplay was one of the greatest :D

Epale ustedes son los uruguayos que estaban detras de nosotros. Nos tomaron una foto a mi novia y a mi. Es así? Mi novia tenía la camisa oficial de life in technicolor.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BptXaEPZFc]YouTube- Coldplay - Rio de Janeiro - Tá tudo mundobem?[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siBzRjJfYBA]YouTube- Coldplay - Rio de Janeiro -Viva la vida[/ame]

brilliant vids :D

Did anyone notice if there were ticket scalpers outside the venues of any of the recent shows? I know someone who is going to Guadalajara in hopes of running into a ticket scalper before the show. If he doesn't find one, then that means it would be a waste in terms of the airplane ticket. :\ I'm just curious what his chances are...

^ mexican peso ? :uhoh:

but remind that the tickts can be as fake as the ones you buy before the gig to the resellers

Yes, I will be crossing my fingers for him! In the U.S. it is technically illegal to sell tickets outside the venue for a higher price, although it's okay to sell them for the actual price or lower. I'm not sure what the rules are in Guadalajara. Hopefully he finds an honest person to buy tickets from! He really really wants to go to the concert.

I got my tickets for Rio from someone online (A friend of miny had bought mine in november when they started selling, only to give it to me two days before the gig and noticing they weren't VIP, so I went online and bought it from someone there)

But there were ticket scalpers outside Apoteose Stadium the day of the gig.

My God, it was SO perfect...

I went to Rio on the 26th at 9pm. I went with my brother and my father, but only me and my brother were going to the show.

We arrived in Rio at about 4am of the 27th. At the bus station, I met (again) a friend of mine who was also going to the concert. We talked a little but then I had to leave and go to the Hotel.

It was raining, but by the time we arrived at the Hotel, the rain gave a break. We left our things at our room and went to Jardim Botanico. It's a famous garden in Rio. Then we were almost dying of hunger, so we went to a Shopping Mall next to there, and this Shopping had Wi Fi, so I could tweet from there :p

So many replies on twitter. I loved to see my friends wishing me a good show, because they all know that going to a Coldplay's concert was always my dream. Since I was, like... 12. And today I'm 18...

We went to Cristo Redentor, but there ware so many people there that we couldn't visit the monument.

So we decided to go see Apoteose. They were working on the stage. Took some pictures and then went back to the Hotel, because I was very tired.

I woke up early on the next morning. The sun was shining, the sky was blue... I went to my room's window, looked at my left and the view was just stunning. A beautiful church, and behind it, the ocean. The sun was reflected on the blue water... "perfect day to make a dream come true", I thought.

Soon the clouds came and it started to rain. Which, in my opinion, was good, because it wasn't gonna be a hot day.

I was nervous... tried to eat something on breakfast, but I couldn't. So I came back to my room and tried to relax. Watched a movie, and then got the things ready to the show.

We arrived at Apoteose at about 1:30pm. There were about 80 people on the VIP line, I guess. When I was going to the end of the line, someone called my name. When I turned, I saw my friends, who I had met on twitter. We talked, took some pictures and then I asked them if I could stay with them there. They said yes, so I didn't have to stay at the end of the line :sneaky:

The gates were openned at about 4:30pm. It was like a Marathon to get on the VIP place. First, I rant to the place where they would check us. Our pockets, and this stuff. Then, to where they would check our tickets. Next, they gave us a bracelet to identify the section. When I passed through there, I was running like crazy and a security told me that, if I kept running, he would put me at the end of the line. It made me ran even more hahahaha ;)

Then they had to check our bracelets, and only after that we got a freeway to go to the VIP. But we still had a maze to go through. Me ant two friends got lost. Twice. And still we could stay on the front row. I thought I was going to have a heart attack when I arrived there. Litteraly. I ran so much that my heart was about to explode.

Talked to some people there, laughed, freaked out... time was passing... Vanguart started their gig. It wasn't that bad... thir guitarris threw a bottle of water and it fell on my head huahahahahahahahahaha. My friend who was next to me got it. He also gave us some neon bracelets.

Then it was Bat For Lashes. I liked her voice, and all, but SHE is a bit... excentric... we laughed a lot of her when she started to shake like some devil from Supernatural was posessing her. We said she was cursing us.

And funny is: on the secont her show ended, the rain got heavier. SHE CURSED US! Hahahahahahahahaa.

Well, so Coldplay's stage was being prepared. They put Lovers TV on a place where I couldn't see it, because I'm pretty short. So, without saying a thing, the man next to me lifted me, so I could see the whole stage. It was very sweet of him:)

But then they put everything on a place that everyone could see.

And the show started. I was like :o at first. It was my dream becoming true. I spent so many years imagining how that day would be... I was very young in 2003, and in 2007 my mom didn't let me go.

But I was on that one! And I don't kown a word to describe the feeling I had...

The show was just PERFECT. At the very beginning of Violet Hill, Chris alredy let us sing, and he loved it. He were laughing when unly us sang the chorus.

The end of 42 was funny. Chris kept singing "those who are dead are not dead, they're just living in my head" and we tought he was gonna do the "whoa uhhhhhhhhh", but he kept singing that part. It was so funny... then he made us a sign, to warn us that NOW he was gonna do the "whoa uhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Yellow was special for me, because it was the first Coldplay song I heard. The yellow balls mad a great effect on the show. I threw one to Chris and he bursted it whith his guitar. He loved to do that, even when the song ended... oh, and also during Yellow, someone threw a teddy bear with brazilian football uniform o the stage. Chris got the bear and started to sing to it!!

Everything was so perfect... I was supposed to call my friend during In My Place. But I was so shocked that I couldn't. I called him during Politik, tho... and I was crying a LOT by that song.

Clocks was also great. Everyone singing along... it was beautiful. Shiver and Spanish Rain were like... OMG, how can a band be SO great?

Lovers in Japan started. I called another friend of mine and I could hear she screaming. Haha she said her mother thought she was crazy.

The Scientist... ohhhhh The Scientis was awesome!! I cryed so much... everyone cryed, in fact...

Had to make another call during LiT II. That one was the best. I promissed my friend that I would call her during it, so she was alredy waiting. I just heard a crazy and crying voice screaming "HELLO?!?!!". Hahahahahaahah it was sooooooooo funny.

And the show ended...

My dream became true. That thing I was waiting for so many years finally happened. I loved every moment, every smile, every scream, every tear, every call...

Everyone who shared that dream with me, including people who wnt to Sao Paulo's gig, and people who haven't gone no no gig at all... but you shared this with me. So you'll always have a place in my mind.

Always.

Yesterday was a pretty hard day for me. I cried a lot seeing photos of people who went to Coldplay Hotel and took pictures with them... one in particular made me feel terrible for hours.

But a friend promissed me a gift, and I don't know what ir is, but it cheered me up a little.

Guns n Roses were supposed to play today at the same venue Coldplay played just two weeks ago.

What happened?

Rio's known for having a rainy season just around March. It gets so hot during the day (around 40ºC - 100ºF) and it pours cats and dogs at night, which has been happening for the past couple of days.

Tonight was no different. It rained so bad trees fell and streets flooded. As that is not bad enough, the freaking stage at apoteose COLAPSED! Yes! your heard me right.

Just hours before Guns n Roses' gig the state colapsed and THE GIG WAS CANCELLED.

I don't even want to think about it this were two weeks ago. Although I hate G&R, I feel bad for their fans =/ This is what the venue looks like now: http://g1.globo.com/Noticias/Rio/0,,MUL1529101-5606,00.html

Thank god everything was fine for Coldplay's gig. :)