✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Laser Coldplay NEXT SHOWS Jan. 15 and 29 at RVCC Planetarium, New Jersey (discount for Coldplayers)

Billwx

Greetings,

The evolution of "Laser Coldplay" at RVCC Planetarium is interesting. 2 years ago we started getting a lot (and I mean A LOT) of requests for a Coldplay show. Last spring even other staff started asking. So during the summer I created the show. (It's almost an hour long.) Each song takes 2-3 hours to produce. (This is an original show, not produced by someone else.) We ran it 3 times during the fall 2009 season. One show's attendance was about 12 and the other 2 were less than 10. That's considered horrible attendance. Especially since Pink Floyd, ELO, Led Zeppelin and other shows get at least 30 to sold out.

We considered dumping the Coldplay show, but thought the winter season might be better. So we're giving the show "another chance". Up until last night, tonight's show had zero reservations, while all our other sky and family laser show had reservations. Last weekend, the Pink Floyd laser show almost sold out.

I look at a forum like this and see Coldplay is still very much popular, so the band are not "has beens". Those that came to the show last fall enjoyed it and there was a lot of additional production using our star projection system because we thought it was going to be a "big" show.

Anyway, it's interesting that a show that was requested a lot is getting bad attendance. :\

Unfortunately this winter could be the last run of the show. :(

We'll probably put some Coldplay songs into our upcoming variety shows.

However, I've posted some messages here and there and we have our regular planetarium publicity. One thing that does interest us is which publicity works best. So if anyone from THIS forum does come or make reservations, PLEASE do mention it! You'll get $1 off the tickets for the show and help us determine if fan forums like this one are actually useful. It also entices me to post future messages if a new show/songs are coming up that feature Coldplay. :)

-Bill

RVCC Planetarium Laserist

lasercoldplay.jpgLaserImage7.jpg

Is the show cancelled?

I am actually thinking about coming today with my husband.

We actually called the center for reservation just now,but its said in the phone's answering system that the office will be open only from Monday to Friday and to make reservations on Saturday we must directly come to the center.

I saw that the show is at 8 PM, so we are coming at that time to the center.

But i don't know now whether the show will be cancelled?:thinking:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I lived closer, I would definitely go. Unfortunately, since I don't live very near to any major cities, I rarely get to do anything fun.

Geez you people and your New Jersey hate:rolleyes:. I'd visit there anytime, it's not like I'd have to live there.

I went tonight and just came back home.

Its very awesome with all that lasers for a set of great Coldplay songs.

The lasers were shown for For you,Brothers and Sisters,Yellow,Lovers in japan,Clocks,Speed of sound,What if,Viva la vida,Life in technicolor 2

In my place and Trouble live(where i don't know).

Ofcourse i saw Bill but didn't talk with him.I gave that post he posted first here taking a print of it at the counter and they gave 1$ discount for me and my hubby.Its at the Raritan Valley Community College center i think its nearly 25 minutes drive for me from where i stay.

I think if any Coldplay fans were there tonight in all those that saw the show, there's just me with my hubby and another person.And rest of all the others came there to watch other shows and stayed for this too.

Any way but still there are atleast 20 people that were there.

I went tonight and just came back home.

Its very awesome with all that lasers for a set of great Coldplay songs.

The lasers were shown for For you,Brothers and Sisters,Yellow,Lovers in japan,Clocks,Speed of sound,What if,Viva la vida,Life in technicolor 2

In my place and Trouble live(where i don't know).

Ofcourse i saw Bill but didn't talk with him.I gave that post he posted first here taking a print of it at the counter and they gave 1$ discount for me and my hubby.Its at the Raritan Valley Community College center i think its nearly 25 minutes drive for me from where i stay.

I think if any Coldplay fans were there tonight in all those that saw the show, there's just me with my hubby and another person.And rest of all the others came there to watch other shows and stayed for this too.

Any way but still there are atleast 20 people that were there.

sounds great!! :dance:

Greetings!

As previously mentioned, the show was a success tonight. We had nearly 50 people attend! :)

For those that are planning on coming to one of the upcoming shows, the $1 ticket discount will still apply. (Not to be combined with other offers.)

Someone posted the 2 encore songs that were added that are not on the planetarium website song list. "Life In Technicolor II" and "Viva La Vida".

There might be a slight adjustment to the song list and possibly an extra or different encore song(s).

It seemed everyone had a great time - even those who thought they were seeing Pink Floyd because they misread the schedule.

Next Laser Coldplay shows on Feb. and Mar. 13 at 8 pm.

For those from this forum that came, I hope you had a good time. For those planning for a future show, we'll see you then!

(Reservations can be made anytime. Just leave a message. We're obviously there on Saturdays!)

-Bill

http://www.raritanval.edu/planetarium

PS - Thank you to busybeeburns for highlighting the show.

Greetings!

As previously mentioned, the show was a success tonight. We had nearly 50 people attend! :)

For those that are planning on coming to one of the upcoming shows, the $1 ticket discount will still apply. (Not to be combined with other offers.)

Someone posted the 2 encore songs that were added that are not on the planetarium website song list. "Life In Technicolor II" and "Viva La Vida".

There might be a slight adjustment to the song list and possibly an extra or different encore song(s).

It seemed everyone had a great time - even those who thought they were seeing Pink Floyd because they misread the schedule.

For those from this forum that came, I hope you had a good time. For those planning for a future show, we'll see you then!

(Reservations can be made anytime. Just leave a message. We're obviously there on Saturdays!)

-Bill

PS - Thank you to busybeeburns for highlighting the show.

Do you mean the 13th of February? Oooh mini road-trip :D!

Yes, the days/dates in Feb. and Mar. are the same, so Saturday Feb. 13 and Mar. 13. 8 pm both shows.

As a side note, I am working on another song to add to or replace one in the show. So more than likely, the Feb. 13 show will be slightly different than the Jan. show. :)

-Bill

--------------------------

Greetings!

-Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings!

A quick reminder for those in the NJ area this weekend. "Laser Coldplay" will again be shown at the RVCC Planetarium this Saturday (Feb. 13) at 8 pm.

The offer mentioned in this thread still exists. :D

Make your reservation and mention this forum posting and get $1.00 off the ticket price. (Not to be combined with other offers.)

Oh...and there will be a new song in the show that wasn't there last month. :)

-Bill