✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

As a child, what did you want to be as an adult, and are you loyal to your inner child now?

Malaika

I want to be a filmmaker.

I'm not sure if I will succeed.

I'm reading [ame=http://www.amazon.com/dp/1427797668]this[/ame] book written by Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite about how to be successfull on what you want to be.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

answering the thread title...

as a child i wanted to be something related or with psychology, social or expressive skills:

actress, film director, pshychologist, teacher

all them dropped and i finally kept with: be a writer (novelist, essayist, poet).

still uses a bit of those 3 skills said.

LOL sorry you realized you couldn't be a pink bunny but you're still young you can still become one you know I think Cosplay should be in all nations' constitutions it would be great I love Japanese culture and Cosplay is just wonderful then you could be a pink bunny whenever you feel like it :) As long as you are happy so am I.

One Love.

Awww. :) That's sweet. But don't worry I no longer want to be a pink bunny rabbit. :laugh3:

I want to be a journalist/writer.

The very first thing I remember wanting to be was a firefighter. Then I wanted to be an artist, then a photojournalist, and finally, a doctor.

I'm currently going the doctor route and getting my emergency medical tech certificate so I can have exposure to medicine, but firefighting seems appealing again. :D I might just be a paramedic firefighter...

when i was about 3 i wanted to be a woman when i grew up (apparently i told my mum this)

when i was 5 i wanted to be a vicar as i figured they got to keep all the collection money

nowadays i'm perfectly happy with my gender and i'm not keen on organised religion, so i guess i haven't been true to my inner child.

I wanted to be a Fireman, mostly because of Fireman Sam but I think also because I wanted to save lives.

That's wonderful :) who is Fireman Sam? I hope you can be a Fireman, they're great I have great respect for them because I was once in a fire and got rescued by them we had to go down their ladder with a friend from the 8th floor and it was an experience.. I guarantee you :) but he was very reassuring so it was ok and now I laugh about it, but I was also in New York on September 11th 2001 and my Heart goes out to all the Firemen who died there and to those who marched to keep on looking for the bodies of their dead colleagues in the mountains of "rubble" there even though Bloomberg wanted them to stop looking. So MORE POWER TO YOU!!! :)

One Love.

I want to be a filmmaker.

I'm not sure if I will succeed.

I'm reading this book written by Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite about how to be successfull on what you want to be.

That's great! I am sure that if you're doing something that makes your Heart happy you will succeed for sure, that's why it is important to remember what you "wanted to be" as a child because when you are young you are closer to your Heart and then society or peer pressure sometimes makes you feel differently but good luck and I don't know if it will be of any interest to you but I read this book "The Alchemist" by Paolo Coelho, he wrote many books and a lot of them are not so good but this one is and I read it when I was younger and it did inspire me to always seek inside of my Heart and not outside for the choices I would have to make in life :)

One Love.

I think from childhood, I've kind of been dreading growing up.

Oh poor baby... But you don't really have to in a way, there is nothing to be sacred of if you remain a child :) and that is exactly what I have done and I have a good time every single day because I don't really care about what the world says, as long as my Heart is happy everything is Irie and that's how I live my life, I am an Poet Painter and Musician so I've had to be very assertive disciplined and even radical in certain choices but that's the price to pay man! So good luck on whatever you decide you want to be when you grow up and remember that as long as you can smile everyuday and even laugh and be at peace in your Heart, then you'll know that you are on the right path.

One Love.

I'd hate to be a child again.

Me too, it was horrible, my parents had no good sense, no sensibility and all they cared for was money. It was hell really but what I mean is that when you are young you are yourself and then society or parents make you change if you are not strong enough, so fashioning your Nature from the needs of your Heart to me, enables you to remain true to your inner child and it is how you manage to lead a happy life, otherwise you end up living a life to which society gives values based on stupid notions of material gain competitiveness and the likes...

Anyway good luck on everything, One Love :)

I wanted to be a singer.

I do sing + play instruments, but I'm not doing it as my actual profession. I play gigs here and there, though. :nice:

That's wonderful :) Music is the most beautiful language, I am sorry it took me so long to reply to you I was having little issues with how to post my replies correctly with each quotes because it is my first forum but I think I'm ok now :), Your Music is your Heart's language I am also a musician and I thank God everyday for this wonderful gift, because I know that sometimes it is not easy to find the appropriate instrument or even to hear with absolute clarity the Music in your Heart so when you've managed to do so, you deserve applause no matter what :)

One Love.

when I was really young I wanted to be a dancer and/or a chef.

But when I was about 11 I decided I wanted to be a scientist,

I'm currently aiming towards getting into a science and teaching course.

...I'm no where closer to becoming a dancer, but hey I don't mind.

Of course I do. The main problem now that I'm about to graduate is finding something to make an impact in the world... It ultimately brings me to the subject of this thread: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70278

:P

The comic was cute :) I know what you mean I felt the same way when I finished school but then with discipline and humour, you know you have to laugh about dilemmas in life it is a great cure for stress, you will be ok.

The fact that you want to make an impact on the world is already great and it is a proof that you are forward thinking because you are an idealist and idealists change the world so you see a larger picture. But don't get stressed or depressed if it takes a little bit of time, it is normal and as long as you remain focused and keep a good sense of humor and also it is good even when you are a bit down because you are so smart that you expect things to go fast, to engage in things that simply make your Heart smile like a kid you know, and then it'll give you more patience and you'll be fine :)

One Love.

When I was little I wanted to be a vet and a model, and I don't really want to be either now.

Instead I want to work with math.

I love the quote in your signature it's beautiful :) Maths are great, I used to hate them when I was in high school but now I realize that they are in everything I do because I am a musician and meter is important in Music, I write poetry, it is the same as in Music because the rhythm has to flow like water or it hurts, and I paint and symmetry in my drawings and in my life to be honest, is like oxygen to me, so Maths are great, good choice :)

One Love.

when I was really young I wanted to be a dancer and/or a chef.

But when I was about 11 I decided I wanted to be a scientist,

I'm currently aiming towards getting into a science and teaching course.

...I'm no where closer to becoming a dancer, but hey I don't mind.

That's wonderful I wish you success and most importantly happiness in everything and if you love dancing you can always do that as a hobby why not? You need something that gives value to your life according to your conception of what is important in your existence within society or the world but you also need to feel simple joy, it's like air for a balloon :) and then you'll fly higher and higher :) and dancing is a great and fun way to express pure emotions.

So good luck, One Love.