✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

As a child, what did you want to be as an adult, and are you loyal to your inner child now?

Malaika

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a child, I had a lot of crezy things that I wanted to be. :nice:

Don't really remember what I wanted, only that I wanted to be a model! :rolleyes:

Still..My dreams ain't really realistic now when I'm older..But I don't want to be a model anymore. :nice:

I wanted to be an elementary teacher or a writer when I was younger. Then, I started learning piano and horn, and that pretty much put me on the path that I'm taking now. :nice:

I just looked at the post I made here about a year ago, and I don't think I was elaborate enough.

I'm kinda doing what I once wanted to do, but not really. I've always wanted to help people learn things. Teaching was something that I pretty much had in my mind what I wanted to do. It merely put itself in a different direction than I thought it might. As mentioned in the self-quote, when I was young, I wanted to teach younger kids. When my brothers and I would play with our stuffed animals, we'd separate them into families and pretend to have class with the "children" of the families sometimes. When I started taking piano lessons in the 4th grade, I became intrigued, and I decided that maybe I should be a piano teacher instead. When band came around in the 6th grade and I was introduced to the horn, everything changed. The whole band experience showed me that this is something that I truly love, and this is something that I'm destined to do. By the end of 8th grade, I had decided for sure that I was going to be a band director, and that's what I'm on the path of doing right now. :nice:

I've wanted to be Vet up until a year ago because my grades aren't going to be good enough :disappointed: So now I either want to do Criminal Psychology or astro physics or go into animal behaviour or be a writer .... I'm really confused and I'm sure I'll change my mind :blank:

You know, Kat, sometimes people take a while to find out what they want to do. I knew a guy in the music department who switched his major to music education in his fourth year of college. He graduated in the spring of 2009, and he's now the head director of a high school band in a small town. It's OK to take your time and explore a little bit before you make up your mind. :smiley:

I wanted to be a nurse or own a bakery or to be a cook

then I wanted to study music, but never did

now I am doing an apprenticeship as a sales woman in a music shop....

and it is not what I want to be actually

so yeah....I still haven't found the right occupation and no I am obviously not loyal to my inner child

Years ago, wanted to be a professional photographer. Earned class scholarships in high school, five years of college, graduated with a BA in professional photography. Was earning a good living in financial fraud investigations by graduation, so actually wound up going the law enforcement route. Quite happy most days.

Here's the weird part; a few years ago my mom found a picture I drew when I was 4. Said I wanted to be a police woman when I grew up, accompanied by a rather sad drawing of a copper.

So all-in-all, guess I ultimately listened to my 4-yr old self!

When I was 2 I told my mom I wanted to be a dog. :blush:

I wanted to be a vet, but then I realized this past year that I really don't want to have to be cutting inside of a living animal, so I'm not sure.

I'm thinking something having to do with biology, or something in the psychology field. But I honestly have no clue. :shrug:

I've never been bothered by the 'you have to shove your hand up a cow's backside' bit of being a vet , maybe because I've seen so many Cow/sheep births :shrug:

Anyway for me it's that you need at least 5 A's at GCSE and years of Uni and after that barely any holidays or chance to see family that puts me off being a vet.

I wanted to be a vet too. A vet or a dog breeder haha

I could never be a vet because I can't handle blood and I couldn't possibly put an animal down.

I wanted to study law but didn't get the grades so I'm doing an English degree instead. I was thinking off getting into teaching but working in school has put me off. I'm graduating in a few months and I have no idea what I want to do with my degree. :embarrassed:

When I was little I wanted to be a painter, but I don't have the talent. I also wanted to be a doctor for a while.

I'll be a sociologist instead, I should graduate in a year. I'm not even sure I like it but well, I don't like anything else and I'm still young so I can study another thing.

I wanted to be a gymnast and be good enough to go the Olympics. :awesome: Then my mom made me quit, which was probably a good thing since it's such a dangerous sport.

Now, I honestly don't know what I really want to do. I was a biology major for about a year. I thought of doing something in the medical field, but finally accepted that it's just not for me and that my grades aren't good enough. I'm changing my major to economics.