✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay's Future Sound?

getithom

Don't get me wrong, Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends is a fantastic album, but after listening to all their older albums, this one just seemed so different. I know Chris talked about it being different, but since Brian Eno was the one who produced it, and helped them create the "VLV sound", could it be a good thing he won't have such a big impact on LP5?

I sincerely miss the days of AROBTTH and even X&Y, but I also enjoy Viva La Vida and what it had to offer. It was unique and very Coldplay-ish.

So, I guess I'm trying to say this: are you happy Coldplay may be going back to the acoustic feel? Or, would you rather want another release like VLV?

Eno produced The Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, and Achtung Baby by U2, which are radically different albums, the first semi-ambient, Joshua Tree being Roots-rock, and Achtung being electro-popish. If they stick with Eno, their next album is more likely to depart from the VLV style.

Not really, Brian Eno did a pretty damn good job with VLV.

They might have a bit too much confidence, and just do everything without thinking.

And we´d just waste a year.

But Í´m up for anything from Coldplay.

Or maybe with Brian thought them a few things..

Who knows.

Even with Eno, it's gonna be a different album than Viva. Like someone already mentioned above he's produced U2 albums that have different sounds.

Personally, I'm happy to give whatever they release a listen and hopefully I'll love it, just like I do all their other albums :D

I changed the title of the thread. :)

For the record, I am aware that they aren't going to re-do a AROBTTH or Parachutes (as no good band should), but I guess I want something more acoustic than anything. Viva La Vida was great, but it was a very different style for Coldplay.

Of course, I am always open to everything they produce, so...

i want them to do an album so stripped down that no one but the biigest fans hear about it

and then eveyone at their concerts would be genuine fans and we shall laugh and sing and get crunk and be merry

...ok maybe not get crunk......

I want an album like X&Y! It's the 8th wonder of the world!:heart:

I want an album more rock, with more guitar! Songs like White Shadows, Square One, Low!

Or like other songs, One I Love, Murder, Spies!!!

Of the new era, I loved the Chris's voice in Yes, and the song is the best of the album! I really wanted his voice in some song again!!

The fact of the matter is they're never going to make a copy of parachutes or AROBTTH. If that's the style you like, listen to the albums and watch their old concerts on you-tube.

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS!!!

Seriously, I haven't said anything, but I feel like too many people aren't willing to let go. Coldplay shouldn't make the same album three times. Bands like The Fray can do that.

I'm looking forward to anything they put out and I'm sure that what we get will be different than VLV.

I want an album like X&Y! It's the 8th wonder of the world!:heart:

I want an album more rock, with more guitar! Songs like White Shadows, Square One, Low!

Or like other songs, One I Love, Murder, Spies!!!

Of the new era, I loved the Chris's voice in Yes, and the song is the best of the album! I really wanted his voice in some song again!!

This!!!

I love X and Y

i want another one!

less songs about french revoltions

more songs about love and loosing it and comforting you when its gone!