✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay's Chris Martian (The Sun with a tiny bit more on the intergalactic recording sessions)

busybeeburns

SNF10BIZCOLD_280_1021913a.jpg

COLDPLAY are going cosmic during their latest album recording sessions. Frontman CHRIS MARTIN stunned his crew this week by asking them to build him a model solar system in the band's new studio.

I wonder if he's been enjoying TV starman DOCTOR BRIAN COX's recent series as much as I have? A source said: "Chris likes to create a certain mood when he's in full creative flow. He had a real interest in 18th Century revolutionary politics when he was piecing together Viva La Vida. Now he's really got into the universe. The crew scratched their heads a little when he first came up with the request but they're cracking away now."

Sounds intergalactic.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2927151/Chris-Martin-goes-a-little-bit-Martian.html

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also thinking about the whole space-y theme going on in X & Y... You don't think we're going to have an X & Y Pt.2 with LP5, do you? Because, much as I loved it, I think they've definitely moved on - considering how epic Viva was, I think they could make LP5 10 times better (and different) than anything they've done before...

On the other hand, intergalactic theme sounds awesome :laugh3: And I suppose 18th century Revolutionary politics sounds like a weird theme for an album but look how incredible VLVODAAHF turned out to be :D Oh well, I'm sure that whatever they do it will be fantastic :D

Gets interesting and interesting... I'm sure it's gonna be big and once again stunning!

But I think it's gonna be a different concept than "spacey" as we know X&Y was, as universe I think it's gonna be somehoe bigger and sot just somehow "space-related"... hard to explain what I mean!

But however, Chris' a genious and I can't wait for Christmas (or simply Fall!!!!) to come!

I'm glad so many other people feel like this whole "solar system" thing is unexpected when all we've heard are phrases like "stripped down." It just seems reminiscent of X & Y and I'm a bit freaked out by it.

I totally trust them, because if I had known about their theme for VLVODAAHF, I would've been freaked out too - but look at how amazing that turned out to be. But, just like someone else said, I definitely do not want this to be a continuation of X & Y.

I mean, for all we know, he could've asked the crew to build this for Apple's school project or something, right? haha

^ That's called EXTREME QUADRUPLE HELICOPTER PARENTING! :wacky: :freak::freak::freak:

And X&Y was the techno album.

As a teacher, I wouldn't put it past extreme quadruple helicopter parents. lol Can you imagine if that's what is really going on??? :laugh3:

I'm really not too worried that this could be X & Y part 2 (to me....that would be very worrying), because all the stuff the band has said thus far.

A solar system theme or a universe theme or a space theme doesn't have to mean big. Maybe it could be drawn back to how small we all are in comparison to this. I mean...I'm not sure how something like this would work. But I'm praying this is, in no way, another X & Y.