✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Let's take a poll on this, Do you want Glee to sing a Coldplay song?

In a telescope lens

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be kind of cool, but I would want them to sing a rare and old song - like Everything's Not Lost or something like that. That way, it encourages people to listen to their other stuff, instead of VLVODAAHF stuff - not that those songs are bad, because I love them, just that I'd like to see people discover ALL of Coldplay rather than just their new stuff.

I honestly don't see why this is such a massive deal....Coldplay are the type of music Glee would cover, because their music is of mass appeal. They sell out stadiums, shift albums by the millions and sell a great amount of tacky merchandise. They're a commercial band, not a little indie band...this is all in a bit of fun, the Apple commercial was far more of a sell out than this would be.

That being said I'm not sure why the Glee producers said they turned them down when Phil is saying there's nothing further from the truth....maybe EMI are speaking on CP's behalf.

I really don't mind either way, it would be nice to hear their take on one of their songs, if Coldplay agree it really won't change anything :shrug:

I honestly don't see why this is such a massive deal....Coldplay are the type of music Glee would cover, because their music is of mass appeal. They sell out stadiums, shift albums by the millions and sell a great amount of tacky merchandise. They're a commercial band, not a little indie band...this is all in a bit of fun, the Apple commercial was far more of a sell out than this would be.

That being said I'm not sure why the Glee producers said they turned them down when Phil is saying there's nothing further from the truth....maybe EMI are speaking on CP's behalf.

I really don't mind either way, it would be nice to hear their take on one of their songs, if Coldplay agree it really won't change anything :shrug:

This. :wacko:

I've never watched/never will watch Glee, but I guess I'd have to say no.

You should. :whip:

Eh, not really. I think a few of their covers are good, but I'm not a fan of the rest. I have a feeling I won't like their arrangement of a Coldplay song, whichever song they choose.

i don't get it tho..have you seen what phil posted on cp.com? does that mean they never even asked or they agreed?

I'm a bit behind the pace on this one, but the story about Coldplay turning down Glee is bollocks.

Yeah, I'm a little confused too. We need more details, Phil!

EDIT: Then again, I do kinda wanna hear a Coldplay cover by them, just to hear what it sounds like. :shrug:

Meh. :shrug:

I've tried to watch Glee, but it's too mean for my taste.

If they do a good job with the arrangement, what does it matter if they sing a Coldplay song? Of course if they mess it up... not so much. But I think they're better than that.