✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Let's take a poll on this, Do you want Glee to sing a Coldplay song?

In a telescope lens

Well, I do watch Glee and I'd love to see a Coldplay track on there.

I think it was Mich who pointed out that they're already majorly commercial, so I don't see how giving permission to Glee to cover one of their songs would have any effect on the band at all :shrug:

Plus the way I look at it, any publicity for a band is good publicity surely?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glee is such a cheesy tv show! :bomb:

It saddens me that they're doing this. I mean ok, I know it's not that big of a deal, but IMO it's this kind of things that gave the band a bad image. I know so many people who think Coldplay is just a commercial band that is overplayed on radio. This will only prove them right.

I truly believe Coldplay are better than that. Their music is better than that!

I honestly don't see why this is such a massive deal....Coldplay are the type of music Glee would cover, because their music is of mass appeal. They sell out stadiums, shift albums by the millions and sell a great amount of tacky merchandise. They're a commercial band, not a little indie band...this is all in a bit of fun, the Apple commercial was far more of a sell out than this would be.

That being said I'm not sure why the Glee producers said they turned them down when Phil is saying there's nothing further from the truth....maybe EMI are speaking on CP's behalf.

I really don't mind either way, it would be nice to hear their take on one of their songs, if Coldplay agree it really won't change anything :shrug:

I agree. :) I think it would be cool to hear Glee cover a Coldplay song, which I've said since the beginning of the Glee debate. I really like the show!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

:veryangry2:

It would be the END of the world if Coldplay agree to this!! Glee is crap! It's just another High School Musical!

C'mon Coldplay, you've got class, integrity and decency! PLEASE don't stoop that low! If this happens, I will go into depression indefinitely :(

I love the show and I love Coldplay, so bring it on.

Whether the show is to your tastes or not, there's no denying that the actors sing really well, so I'm sure they'll do a great job with whatever song they choose (I reckon Fix You)

Why people are getting their knickers in a twist is beyond me - it will bring their music to an even wider audience and prove that they don't take themselves or their music too seriously.

And if they can give it up for an Apple commercial, why not a tv show? Most people skip through adverts, Glee is watched by millions around the world.

I just wonder why Phil chose to respond to this particular story... :thinking:

I would like to see them cover a Coldplay song or two, it would be fun, but the majority on this CPing.com board are always against someone covering one of their songs, and I think that is ridicoulous, open up your eyes people, it's a great way for MORE people to hear about them and their music in a fun way, and it doesn't hurt that GLEE is like the #1 show here in America.

I would like to see them cover a Coldplay song or two, it would be fun, but the majority on this CPing.com board are always against someone covering one of their songs, and I think that is ridicoulous, open up your eyes people, it's a great way for MORE people to hear about them and their music in a fun way, and it doesn't hurt that GLEE is like the #1 show here in America.

It's an AWFUL way for people to hear about them and their music. Besides there is no real need for MORE people to hear about them. I mean, they have tons of fans already! What I can't understand is how coldplay fans can actually enjoy (bad) covers of their songs... :thinking:

What the hell is Glee? :thinking:

What the hell is Glee? [2] :thinking::thinking: I also do not know! :confused:

It's an American TV show about a bunch of high school misfits joining a glee club where they sing and dance.

And here's a little commercial . . .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5fvIVgQThM]YouTube- Glee - New Promo[/ame]

EDIT:

I admit I quite like Glee and I just found out a few of the cast members were in Spring Awakening so I wouldn't mind them doing a Coldplay cover. :)

Yay for Spring Awakening! :D And I love your avatar; it's so adorable.

It's an AWFUL way for people to hear about them and their music. Besides there is no real need for MORE people to hear about them. I mean, they have tons of fans already! What I can't understand is how coldplay fans can actually enjoy (bad) covers of their songs... :thinking:

Wow, you are really closed minded, NO REAL REASON FOR MORE PEOPLE TO ENJOY THEM??? What planet are you from??? They can never have too many fans IMO. GLEE might not be some peoples idea of a good show, but these actors are really good performers and singers and have the top rated show here in America.;)

Yeah it's great for Coldplay to get more fans, but is having one of your songs covered on Glee really the way you want to do that?

And :angry: if they pick a song like fix you or swallowed in the sea that both mean something so important. If they pick a truly meaningful song that would upset me. And oh no I just got a flashback to when the jonas brothers covered fix you at their concerts :bigcry:

^ I hate myself so much for posting this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzvMdUlvcLE&feature=related]YouTube- Jonas Brothers - Fix You (cover) HQ sound[/ame]

If you can even hear it over the screaming :dozey: But I'm not going to waste my time looking for a better video

*kills self*

So if you're not already in to them, it's too late???

Of course not! I'm just saying there's plenty other ways to get into them.

Yeah it's great for Coldplay to get more fans, but is having one of your songs covered on Glee really the way you want to do that?

And :angry: if they pick a song like fix you or swallowed in the sea that both mean something so important. If they pick a truly meaningful song that would upset me. And oh no I just got a flashback to when the jonas brothers covered fix you at their concerts :bigcry:

You said it all. Thank you ! :hug:

^ I hate myself so much for posting this

If you can even hear it over the screaming :dozey: But I'm not going to waste my time looking for a better video

*kills self*

OH GOD !!! :shocked2: :bigcry:

THIS is my point ! And I don't care if those Jonas Brothers' fans became fans of Coldplay after that disaster, this is just unbearable !