✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

oh man doesn't he say something about other people being involved that he doesn't want to talk about or something?

Could definitely be graham. i'm pretty sure he means Lisa Moorish too. From the creeping I've done and the small mention in the blur bio I have it seems Damon and Lisa had some sort of fling while Lisa was still going out with Liam. LOL which further complicates the drama. It appears Damon truly liked her. Even more weird is the fact that Graham and her use to talk on twitter and apparently he still checks up on her and her daughter, Molly (her kid with Liam).

Anyway there's a britpop soap opera for you. :P

Wow. That is something. Ha.

I've actually offended Graham and apologised on Twitter! :P I wrote a blog article with 50 Blur facts, one of them being that he didn't appear in the Universal video because he was too drunk. I had that under good authority. Not good enough it would seem, as he found out, called it rubbish, explained he was with his girlfriend that day, and told me to get my "facts right, or I'll barre you from my brain!".

He accepted my apology though ha!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow :lol: that must have felt weird, Graham responding to something you done, even if it was not in the best way haha.

Wait, he was in the Universal video? :confused:

Not in the long shots :P

66d2a15a6af99de30d9e7665c63e3e2do.png

Or the ones like this...

Yeah, I felt terrible, truth be told. :(

Oh really! So I am guessing they done the shots over like different days or something to make up for it? I am going to go and watch that video again now :lol:

They must do.

It would be my favourite Blur video if they hadn't gone and smashed it with Coffee and TV. <3

Wow. That is something. Ha.

I've actually offended Graham and apologised on Twitter! :P I wrote a blog article with 50 Blur facts, one of them being that he didn't appear in the Universal video because he was too drunk. I had that under good authority. Not good enough it would seem, as he found out, called it rubbish, explained he was with his girlfriend that day, and told me to get my "facts right, or I'll barre you from my brain!".

He accepted my apology though ha!

Wait are you Blur Indonesia on twitter? :stunned:

I laughed but then felt bad when he got all sassy and lost his shit on you guys. lmao he's definitely the bitchiest of them all sometimes.

Wait are you Blur Indonesia on twitter? :stunned:

I laughed but then felt bad when he got all sassy and lost his shit on you guys. lmao he's definitely the bitchiest of them all sometimes.

Haha I'm not, but they posted from my blog...

...which I have now removed.

He is, but he's also the loveliest sometimes. He's a great musician, seems like a solid fella, and he's a hero. I didn't want to cause offence, but he was gracious enough. :)

Incase anybody here wanted to see the Jools Holland and has not managed to, here are some videos of the three songs Damon performed altogether, and 2 separate short interviews he done.

Apple Carts

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwnwx3OvKw8]Damon Albarn ~ Apple Carts (on 'Later Live with Jools Holland') - YouTube[/ame]

The Marvelous Dream + O Spirit, Animate Us

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu45Z4atiWs]Damon Albarn ~ The Marvelous Dream/O Spirit, Animate Us (Later with Jools Holland) - YouTube[/ame]

Interview 1

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edVvqIlbrsE]Damon Albarn Interview 1 of 2 (Later with Jools Holland) - YouTube[/ame]

Interview 2

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QET0wOPpqo]Damon Albarn Interview 2 (Later with Jools Holland) - YouTube[/ame]

Came up with my ideal Blur setlist:

Essex Dogs [intro music]

Girls and Boys / Bank Holiday

Globe Alone

Coffee & TV

Song 2

There's No Other Way

Out of Time (ft Moroccan orchestra that featured originally)

Strange News From Another Star (new arrangement)

Caramel

Beetlebum

Fool's Day

For Tomorrow

You're So Great (Coxon solo)

To the End

Parklife (ft. Phil Daniels) / Chinese Bombs

This Is A Low

No Distance Left to Run

Battery In Your Leg

Sing

Sweet Song (Albarn solo, piano)

The Universal (ft. Hypnotic Brass Ensemble and full string section)

Encore 1:

She's So High

Popscene / We've Got A File On You

Tracey Jacks (ft. Noel Gallagher)

Tender (ft London Community Gospel Choir)

Encore 2:

Under the Westway

I know, the interview is very sweet :wacky: even though the interview is awkward and Damon appears kind of uncomfortable with it, I still cant help but love it. :lol:

Argh, you have dedication putting together that setlist!! I would struggle so much, it would take me a while to put it together. Tracy Jacks ft Noel??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

YES to 'You're So Great', that would be magical to hear live. Wow. All of those songs are spot on though :D

I know, the interview is very sweet :wacky: even though the interview is awkward and Damon appears kind of uncomfortable with it, I still cant help but love it. :lol:

Argh, you have dedication putting together that setlist!! I would struggle so much, it would take me a while to put it together. Tracy Jacks ft Noel??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

YES to 'You're So Great', that would be magical to hear live. Wow. All of those songs are spot on though :D

It's the one that Noel said he liked, and think how much it would infuriate Liam? He could just do rhythm and backing vocals, he wants to work with Albarn, everyone needs to put the 90s past them etc.

It would never happen, there'd be uproar from Blur fans, especially those that love Tracey Jacks, but hey... my setlist, my appearance from Noel :P

:lol: he really loves Chelsea, oh man! Good little interview though. You get even more comic value from his teeth as well :lol:

Also, this was a nice little sight to see in my inbox, for a split second;

9qwoza.png

That reminds me, Liz, you never sent me that email :P

I could never get myself into making a Blur "dream setlist", simply beacuse there's so much stuff to add. The only thing I never changed was the opener track, which in my mind, it's definitely Ambulance.

Oh, and after listening to that Radio 4 interview:

currently experimenting with Soviet-era Russian synthesisers

russianalbarn.png

PD: By the way, did you guys saw Damon's acoustic performance in Amsterdam? If not, then check it out: http://3voor12.vpro.nl/luisterpaal/playerpage.program.14051046.html

[ame=http://soundcloud.com/thecowjumpedoverthemoon/dirty-harry]Gorillaz - Dirty Harry (thecowjumpedoverthemoon remix) by thecowjumpedoverthemoon on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free[/ame]

If it's okay to share here, this is a Gorillaz remix I did. Probably not the best production, but I'd like as many people to here my stuff as possible :P

Kinda influenced by Air, Flying Lotus, Mezzanine-era Massive Attack, The Avalanches, DJ Shadow, that kinda thing.

:lol: he really loves Chelsea, oh man! Good little interview though. You get even more comic value from his teeth as well :lol:

Also, this was a nice little sight to see in my inbox, for a split second;

9qwoza.png

That reminds me, Liz, you never sent me that email :P

welp shit! hahaha sorry babe i got caught up with school shit, will send it right this minute!

Gorillaz - Dirty Harry (thecowjumpedoverthemoon remix) by thecowjumpedoverthemoon on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free[/url]

If it's okay to share here, this is a Gorillaz remix I did. Probably not the best production, but I'd like as many people to here my stuff as possible :P

Kinda influenced by Air, Flying Lotus, Mezzanine-era Massive Attack, The Avalanches, DJ Shadow, that kinda thing.

oooo some nice sounds there bro :)

Apparently there's an Elastica song about the breakup. Does anyone know which one it is?

lol i don't. i can't stand justine's voice, a couple decent tracks on the debut but by The Menace her voice oh god it hurts to listen to :sick:

oooo some nice sounds there bro :)

lol i don't. i can't stand justine's voice, a couple decent tracks on the debut but by The Menace her voice oh god it hurts to listen to :sick:

Cheers!

Elastica were rubbish, to be fair.

welp shit! hahaha sorry babe i got caught up with school shit, will send it right this minute!

Oh I see, thats alright no worries! Don't be silly, of course you need to put the important stuff first, your work :) I just wondered is all haha.

So the rumour on facebook is that Blur may be doing a number of smaller shows in the run up to hyde park :wideeyed:

But basically Blur's facebook page has asked fans to sign up to their website, and apparently they will get an email on tuesday with some sort of information! :wacky: