✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

Aleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeex! :heart: :heart: :heart: He *is* cute! :cheesy:

Haha wtf, young teens. :smiley: I remember being 12 or 13 when Gorillaz got famous and I literally wouldn't listen to them because an animated/cartoon band with musicians from other bands, lending their voices to the cartoon characters, cannot possibly be real. They can't be a real group, I mean, wtf? It was over my head!! :lol:

Ahem. Here are the gifs I promised to make!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! :nice: Alex always makes for a nice avatar. :mellow:

So BB is baby. Good to know, might get all weirded out otherwise. :lol:

So people on the Gorillaz forum are literally obsessed with the cartoon characters? :|

Haha wtf, young teens. :smiley: I remember being 12 or 13 when Gorillaz got famous and I literally wouldn't listen to them because an animated/cartoon band with musicians from other bands, lending their voices to the cartoon characters, cannot possibly be real. They can't be a real group, I mean, wtf? It was over my head!! :lol:

Your fucking amazing for those gifs!! :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

I'm laughing SOOOO hard hahahaha

Hahaha thank youuu Nina!

Love the gif where he fists the melodica hehe :wacky:

Awww thanks guys! :cheesy: Glad you like it! Snoop has the best moves and facial expressions ever! I could keep on watching his videos and laugh at them. :wacky:

The original is totally best though :nice: Gramon foreva and eva :heart:

tumblrl82rx3s8291qdwode.png

Trufax. :wacky: People just can't help it. They all have a crush on him. And he's fully aware of that hehe -_-

BTW to say that the peeps on GU are obsessed with the cartoons is an understatement- and hell some of them even trash on Damon from what I've seen! :stunned:

Eglantine, I'm LOVING the gifs!!!! That seriously has to be one of the best performances of CE I think I've ever seen! :D

Lizzy-I don't think I've seen those pics before! Damon really is a bro-whore! I effing LOVE it!!!!

And yup=BB is internet slang for 'baby'. I picked that up on ONTD-actually I seem to get all of my net-slang from there really!:laugh3:

Well, some of the fans are kinda upset with the whole tour thing, especially about the rescheduling and cancellation of some dates (strangely there was no explanation given about this).

No way! :o Where is this happening? That would suck tho. But yeah the complaints I've been hearing about so far are just that they asked NERD to open for them-personally I'm interested to hear these guys (I haven't before but have heard a lot about them).

Well, some of the fans are kinda upset with the whole tour thing, especially about the rescheduling and cancellation of some dates (strangely there was no explanation given about this).

Yah, I remember someone was really upset about a canceled show in Northern England. But in all honesty that happens all the time with big name bands. I hate it when people try to say that Damon's just the big douche behind canceled shows and rescheduling. By the looks of it, that show would of probably messed up the rest of the World Tour. I'm guessing it was only canceled cus the venue was in use the other days they tried to reschedule it. I know it sucks for the people that were going to that show. But some people I think take it too personally and act like their never gonna listen to Gorillaz again or something. Rediculous.

No way! :o Where is this happening? That would suck tho. But yeah the complaints I've been hearing about so far are just that they asked NERD to open for them-personally I'm interested to hear these guys (I haven't before but have heard a lot about them).

It's true, the whole Uk and Ireland tour was changed from October to November without any notice and ticketmaster are not the best at refunds apparently. I think the Scottish and one of the English ones were cancelled altogher. The one I'm going to was rescheduled too. I'm lucky that it didn't make any difference though! I think the change was to accomodate the US leg of the tour. A number of people had spent a lot of money on travel and accomodation, because they were coming from abroad and had lost so much money as well.

Yah, I remember someone was really upset about a canceled show in Northern England. But in all honesty that happens all the time with big name bands. I hate it when people try to say that Damon's just the big douche behind canceled shows and rescheduling. By the looks of it, that show would of probably messed up the rest of the World Tour. I'm guessing it was only canceled cus the venue was in use the other days they tried to reschedule it. I know it sucks for the people that were going to that show. But some people I think take it too personally and act like their never gonna listen to Gorillaz again or something. Rediculous.

Yeah I don't get the bad rap Damon has either. Those who are true fans of his knows the only times he gets irate (and reasonably so) is with dumbass interviewers/journalists/reporters who ask some of the stupidest questions or same the most inane things. ALL of the reports I've heard of him with fans have been NOTHING but sweet (even so far as consoling one who cried in front of him). I don't think he seems the type who would tell his fans to eff off unless they gave him EXTREMELY good reason too. I'm just sick of 'fans' who think their heroes seem to OWE them. Thats not how life works-didn't their mamas teach them that?

Cancelled Dates: -Glasgow

-Newcastle

-Milan

Lot of the users from G-U and the Blur forums bought the tickets for Glasgow & Newcastle; were really pissed about that.

I don't think they really should blame Damon for this, some venues get available and some don't.

Although i'm kinda upset about them not coming to South America. May i ask why?

It's true, the whole Uk and Ireland tour was changed from October to November without any notice and ticketmaster are not the best at refunds apparently. I think the Scottish and one of the English ones were cancelled altogher. The one I'm going to was rescheduled too. I'm lucky that it didn't make any difference though! I think the change was to accomodate the US leg of the tour. A number of people had spent a lot of money on travel and accomodation, because they were coming from abroad and had lost so much money as well.

Yeah that part WOULD suck seriously. Concert tickets alone aren't cheap-then when people are traveling to see them thats not good either. It just sucks when certain people act like the band does it on purpose or something. Unfortunately that's out of their control.

Sadly I still don't know if I can make the PHX show-I mean its pretty positive that I can, but I'm the type that always 'hopes for the best expects the worst'.

Cancelled Dates: -Glasgow

-Newcastle

-Milan

Lot of the users from G-U and the Blur forums bought the tickets for Glasgow & Newcastle; were really pissed about that.

Hope promotion of the tour goes well.

That totally sucks. :(

I promise BTW I'm not blasting on everyone at the forums BTW-it just seems like there are lots of people that attack each other among other things (and it wasn't even anything about the tour) and it just made me sad to see what I saw when I was looking for stuff that the topic was supposed to be about.

Yeh I know, it's just a fact of life that these things happen, and it's not their fault. Why would they deliberately want to piss off the fans? Doesn't make any sense.

And yes there are some idiots on the forums, but there are some really cool people on it too. You kinda have to learn to ignore the fools! I think a number of them are just trolling too. Bored and trying to get a reaction out of people. That might be why it seems like people aren't defending Damon or Jamie. I think people are just used to it and it's more effective to ignore it. That's my reading of it most of the time anyway.

Yeh I know, it's just a fact of life that these things happen, and it's not their fault. Why would they deliberately want to piss off the fans? Doesn't make any sense.

And yes there are some idiots on the forums, but there are some really cool people on it too. You kinda have to learn to ignore the fools!

Yup, that is very true. I kinda like haning out here anyway-you guys rcok! :D

I'm gonna be goen for a bit (getting drug off to see Eat Pray Love. :rolleyes:) Be back soon!

Gorillaz is only coming for one date in Asia, I can barely consider it 'the Asia leg of the tour'. :sad:

Yeah, I think people were quite upset about the canceled dates. I guessed it was unavoidable as they wanted to plan a world tour. :\

Yes, for example:

0040t3kc.gif

"AWW OMG ALEX IS SUCH A CUTE BB! :cheesy:"

lol

And yah, i think there are a lot of young Gorillaz fans, young teens who are like, "omgzzz Noodle!! she is like totally mah BFFF FOR LYFE~~~"

LOL THE GIF. :laugh3:

Alex is such a charmer.

Lulz, those young Gorillaz fans. I wonder what they're thinking of Murdoc.

Ahem. Here are the gifs I promised to make![/url]

Nina, THAT'S AMAZING! :laugh3:

Great work! :thumbsup: