✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

That totally sucks about the cancellation issue. Maybe they'll reconsider and reschedule the dates and add more after the new year?

The one reasoning I can think of that they couldn't make them up is trying to get as the band and as many of the guests as possible to the shows-that and how huge of a production it is too? But still it completely sucks. And one date in Asia? That's one huge continent-and is Gorillaz HUGE over there too? Again, not putting blame on the band, I'm sure its logistics and what they could do realistically, but wow.

One thing I will say on the band's behalf-I am BEYOND shocked and EXTREMELY thankful that Gorillaz is even playing a date in AZ. As human rights is in high priority for Damon, Jamie, and I'm sure the rest of the band/guests, they easily-EASILY-could have boycotted due to the effed up SB1070 law-and I would have totally understood. The fact that they're not punishing their mass of fans out here (who are dead set against the new 'legalized rascism' as I like to call it) speaks VOLUMES about their character.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to add to that-if I, by some stroke of God, are lucky enough to meet them on Oct 26 (PHX show), that would probably be the first thing I would say to them-to thank them for not punishing our fans because our governor is a racist bitch. Sorry, that whole issue burns me up. :angry:

random... but i love how there is now a Noel Gallagher thread too :lol: so basically him and Damon are the special ones to have whole threads devoted to them now lulz

580927400.jpg

Night girls! Morning wherever you all are :heart:

:lol: OHHH The irony!!!!

And such a beautiful pic-black and whites are simply artistic, which is what I love about them (the subject matter doesn't hurt either!;))

Night Lizzy! I need to head there soon too!

I don't suppose Gorillaz is huge over here... But I thought they would at least go to Japan or Singapore. :lol:

@Shani : I don't really understand whatever it is that's going on where you live, but you sound really worked up about it. I hope you get to see Gorillaz. :nice:

Most of y'all are going, I'm hoping for reviews. :freak:

random... but i love how there is now a Noel Gallagher thread too :lol: so basically him and Damon are the special ones to have whole threads devoted to them now lulz

580927400.jpg

Night girls! Morning wherever you all are :heart:

There's still Brandon Flowers. :P

Beautiful picture! Goodnight Liz! :nice:

@Shani : I don't really understand whatever it is that's going on where you live, but you sound really worked up about it. I hope you get to see Gorillaz. :nice:

OH! SB1070 is the 'illegal immagration' law that got passed down here in AZ-but what's horrible about it is that it pretty much legalizes racism-in a nutshell if you're pulled over and aren't of the 'cacasian persuasion', you'd better have your papers on you. And not only that, our Governor also wanted to (not sure if she does anymore) pull Latino studies out of public schools (40% of AZ is Latino-LEGALLY), and then there is the 'anchor baby' crap-meaning if a baby is born until an illegal alien on US soil, that baby will be denied the chance to become a US citizen when they become an adult. Its very saddening, its angered lots of people, and it has set back Arizona to where we were before the civil rights movement. I seriously can hardly wait until I can leave here and go back to my homestate of Washington, where everything is liberal.

*HUGS* And thank you BB! That show is definitely my focus right now. I need it.

Do you live in Asia? Which part? (And not to sound think but what country are they doing the one show in?)

OH! SB1070 is the 'illegal immagration' law that got passed down here in AZ-but what's horrible about it is that it pretty much legalizes racism-in a nutshell if you're pulled over and aren't of the 'cacasian persuasion', you'd better have your papers on you. And not only that, our Governor also wanted to (not sure if she does anymore) pull Latino studies out of public schools (40% of AZ is Latino-LEGALLY), and then there is the 'anchor baby' crap-meaning if a baby is born until an illegal alien on US soil, that baby will be denied the chance to become a US citizen when they become an adult. Its very saddening, its angered lots of people, and it has set back Arizona to where we were before the civil rights movement. I seriously can hardly wait until I can leave here and go back to my homestate of Washington, where everything is liberal.

Do you live in Asia? Which part? (And not to sound think but what country are they doing the one show in?)

I'm sorry. :sad: Racism sucks.

:hug:

I live in South East Asia. Gorillaz is going to Hong Kong, which I haven't even been to.

Eglantine, I'm LOVING the gifs!!!! That seriously has to be one of the best performances of CE I think I've ever seen! :D

And yup=BB is internet slang for 'baby'. I picked that up on ONTD-actually I seem to get all of my net-slang from there really!:laugh3:

Thanks! :D you can call me Nina. :nice:

Yeah, that performance was pretty sweet. I may or may not spend this afternoon looking at videos on youtube, trying to find my favourite CE performance. :uhoh2:

Btw, is ONTD a Muse slashfic LJ community? Or something else related to Muse?

Look at Damo tryin' to be all innocent and everything here. Sorry BB, you're not foolin' anyone. :wink3:

tumblr_l2stig9q1r1qahd7eo1_500.jpg

:wideeyed: He looks properly drunk or high or something. You know the smile on your face when you try to look completely calm, sober and hide something stupid that you've done? :D

Well, some of the fans are kinda upset with the whole tour thing, especially about the rescheduling and cancellation of some dates (strangely there was no explanation given about this).
Yeah it must be horrible to see your chosen show getting cancelled after you've already booked a plane ticket and hotel etc. I just don't get why they bash Damon for it - yeah he is the leader, in a way, but where the show will be and who is going to be there doesn't depend only on him. Although it sucks when they announce something as [ccontinent] leg of the tour and then only do one show in the whole region.

thanks guys. <3

omg i bought the cutest gorillaz t-shirt at hot topic today. and i got an owl necklace that kinda reminds me of graham. :) i will take a pic and put it up here laters...

Yes, pics please! :awesome:

Has anyone else been tempted to buy a sailor cap and a striped t-shirt? :bomb:

Nina, THAT'S AMAZING! :laugh3:

Great work! :thumbsup:

aww, thanks! :blush:

And yeah, Alex -is- a charmer! :bomb:

What. So sorry to see that kind of stuff is still happening. Hope you get to move back to Washington ASAP.

Nina, yes! I want a striped shirt and sailor hat :lol: It would be cute to wear it to the show. Or I was thinking of wearing mah Blur shirt, and Damon would see that I love all his stuff :wacky: Too bad I don't have a mini mouse shirt to wear :P

That's all so messed up. I hate stuff like this, how we try to sell the whole, "land of the free" thing and then we keep returning to racist bullshit like this. Our government is very hypocritical :sad:

Nina, yes! I want a striped shirt and sailor hat :lol: It would be cute to wear it to the show. Or I was thinking of wearing mah Blur shirt, and Damon would see that I love all his stuff :wacky: Too bad I don't have a mini mouse shirt to wear :P

Hahaha you so have to get yourself a mini mouse shirt, who knows what might happen? :wink3:

gorilaz-large.jpg

:laugh3: oh my god, he's having a michael jackson moment there, dancing his socks off

I had another Damon dream last night, I'll keep it short, basically the younger version of himself, such as how he looked during MLIR, with the floppy hair and grey suit, was in my garden walking around, and I was in my house and saw him out the window, and I thought 'Oooh, I better take a picture'. :laugh3:

It'd be awesome to wear that to the show! But if you don't have the outfit, your Blur shirt will do. :nice:

Dang, if I knew about this whole Mickey Mouse thing, I'd bought myself a Mickey/Minnie Mouse t-shirt last year. :bigcry: lol i'm so sad.

I totally bought both of those! I'm definitely gonna wear nautical attire to the concert :D.

This is the hat I bought pretty much. The rope is navy on mine though and the crest is a bit different: http://s7.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/E7E59BCE.jpg

It looks so great!! :wacky:

:laugh3: oh my god, he's having a michael jackson moment there, dancing his socks off

I had another Damon dream last night, I'll keep it short, basically the younger version of himself, such as how he looked during MLIR, with the floppy hair and grey suit, was in my garden walking around, and I was in my house and saw him out the window, and I thought 'Oooh, I better take a picture'. :laugh3:

Awww, nice dream! :D

Yes, pics please! :awesome:

Has anyone else been tempted to buy a sailor cap and a striped t-shirt? :bomb:

i will figure out this quoting thing one day!! :confused:

ONTD is a celebrity gossip lj community. its fun. and addicting.

here is my new shirt & necklace.

its kinda wrinkly cause i left it in the bag overnight.

15p6d4z.jpg

and i totally want a sailor hat! i was looking for one at the halloween store last weekend, but they didnt have any good ones. :/

23r331x.jpg

4g5gtd.jpg

ONTD is a celebrity gossip lj community. its fun. and addicting.
Ahhh okay. I was so wrong! >_< I assumed it got something to do with Muse as some friends talked about both things at the same time. It was a bit confusing.

The shirt and the necklace are so awesome! I totally see the shirt as something that can be worn for almost all occasions. There's tons of clothing you could only wear while jogging but I'd be damn proud to wear that Gorillaz shirt in public.

Late to the party I see! Long day at work-can bareky keep my eyes open but definitely wanted to check in!:D (And sorry guys-you'll see multi-posts from me yet again-I still dunno how to multi-quote a post. :(

I'm sorry. :sad: Racism sucks.

:hug:

I live in South East Asia. Gorillaz is going to Hong Kong, which I haven't even been to.

*HUGS* I hear ya BB.

And I'm sorry that they can't visit out your way! That really sucks!:( But your girls (and guys!) here will make sure to keep the reports and pics coming so we can share the experience with you! :hug:

Thanks! :D you can call me Nina. :nice:

Yeah, that performance was pretty sweet. I may or may not spend this afternoon looking at videos on youtube, trying to find my favourite CE performance. :uhoh2:

Will do, Nina BB! :D

Nah, ONTD is a hilarious gossip blog on LJ that can seriously suck you in! http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/

:wideeyed: He looks properly drunk or high or something. You know the smile on your face when you try to look completely calm, sober and hide something stupid that you've done? :D

HAHA!!!!!! Oh this is a PERFECT description!!:laugh3:

What. So sorry to see that kind of stuff is still happening. Hope you get to move back to Washington ASAP.

Oh me too BB, without a doubt. I hated the fact I had to move out here anyway, now I hate it more than ever.

That's all so messed up. I hate stuff like this, how we try to sell the whole, "land of the free" thing and then we keep returning to racist bullshit like this. Our government is very hypocritical :sad:

It really is-and Arizona is one of the worst. You can cut the ultra-Republican vibe with a knife out here. And its just so sad because not many people here are exactly friendly or hospitable. I mean, I always have manners-always saying 'please' 'excuse me' and 'thank you' to strangers-and they look at me like I'm some kind of crazy alien for doing so. As soon as I can I'm running back to Washington, absolutley.

I totally bought both of those! I'm definitely gonna wear nautical attire to the concert :D.

This is the hat I bought pretty much. The rope is navy on mine though and the crest is a bit different: http://s7.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/E7E59BCE.jpg

OMG That is cute!!!!:D

And you know, the nautical look is actually gonna be huge in the fall-I saw a lot of it in the INC collection in Macy's the other day. Methinks Damon and Co can now add trendsetters to their list of accomplishments!;)