✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey did you guys hear that apparently Damon was one of a bunch of celebrity interviewees in a new documentary about Bruce Lee? I found a link about it right here:

http://www.bluraystreet.com/various/documentary/how-bruce-lee-changed-the-world/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=how-bruce-lee-changed-the-world

I tried to check it out on Damon's IMDB profile but it wasn't listed there-but if he's in it me needs this-aside from the fact that it brings a degree of separation between him and on of my fav comics, Margaret Cho (who's interviewed as well).

Bruce Lee? hahaah I'm never surprised with who Damon knows/ knew... should be interesting, I hope we can get our hands on it somehow :wideeyed:

It looks like they have it at Amazon-I just wanna make sure that Damon IS part of it if we can.

It looks like this film is up on YT too, but it doesn't pull up if you add Damon's name to it so eh? :inquisitive:

Yeah I wish he had shown us something else in the bathroom lol.

tumblr_l9fj5ouZ8W1qb1553o1_400.jpg

LOOK AT HIM! :lol::lol::lol:

:laugh3::laugh3: :blush:

Hey did you guys hear that apparently Damon was one of a bunch of celebrity interviewees in a new documentary about Bruce Lee? I found a link about it right here:

http://www.bluraystreet.com/various/documentary/how-bruce-lee-changed-the-world/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=how-bruce-lee-changed-the-world

I tried to check it out on Damon's IMDB profile but it wasn't listed there-but if he's in it me needs this-aside from the fact that it brings a degree of separation between him and on of my fav comics, Margaret Cho (who's interviewed as well).

Bruce Lee? :lol: It would be interesting hear what Damon says if he is really interviewed. :wacko:

Lulz, I'm ashamed, I barely know anything about Bruce Lee, except that he's good in martial arts or something.

OK BTW I just set up a Tumblr but I think I'm doing it all wrong and I don't want THAT as the title of it-you guys gotta help me MMKAY????? :laugh3: Anyway here is the linky:

http://shanibee.tumblr.com/

Added you. My tumblr is here.

YAY! I love your icon on here btw.

I found this little hug Damon and Jarvis shared at the NME awards... precious!! :heart:

tumblr_kyj9veZSoW1qagllmo1_500.png

bros :cool:

Awwwww :heart:

Bruce Lee, really? :lol: I'm not a fan but I'd like to see the documentary. Yes, just because of Damon. :mellow:

OK BTW I just set up a Tumblr but I think I'm doing it all wrong and I don't want THAT as the title of it-you guys gotta help me MMKAY????? :laugh3: Anyway here is the linky:

http://shanibee.tumblr.com/

I added you shani! :nice:

efnsy8.gif

Haha! Bless, even though he is silly, I can't help going aww at that sweet, childlike, but stoned, face of his here :laugh3:

Mine is coming right up... Oct. 13th :bomb:

WHOAAA Kelly that's amazing! Does this VIP package include a meeting with Damon :sneaky: maybe your bro's friend's dad could you to meet them? hahah or that pushing the luck? And no I was not the one with the VIP package... I can't remember who was :thinking:

Oooh only like two weeks! :dance: you must be literally counting the days to it now.

Hahaha, I highly doubt it, put it this way :laugh3: all he said was it meant we could get food and drink from a better area than non VIP ticket holders, something like that. I was secretly thinking about what you said though, wishing somewhat secretly that I could bump into Damon while walking along, and get to take a photo with him, and then suddenly Jamie comes along, and get a photo with him too :sneaky:

I cant wait to see what happens when you go :lol:

Voiceover: "Damon Albarn, from the British band Gorillaz, saw Bruce Lee at an early age and was blown away. His band sold over 15 million albums, and their latest project, a circus-opera (!) called 'Monkey, journey to the west', has been staged around the world.

"When creating the music for the opera, Damon Albarn drew on the soundtrack to 'Enter the Dragon'"

Damon: "I definitely thought about that when I was doing the music for the monkey opera - the strong use of orchestra. It's just really exiting. It never became dull, you know."

Then they show a clip of the Gorillaz bite 'Game of Death'.

Voiceover: "Bruce Lee's influence has been apparant in much of the Gorillaz work since they launched in 1998 as the world's first virtual band. They created their own game of death animation and dressed monkey in Bruce Lee's signature yellow tracksuiit."

Damon: "He put monkey in a Bruce Lee..."

Jamie: (interrupting) "Yeah, well exactly - Monkey's got a Bruce Lee tracksuit".

Jamie's laughing a lot! It's quite weird actually - Smoggy's (I'm nearly sure it's him) sitting in the middle of the two of them! It just looks weird - like they're about to have a violent fight at any min - charts of darkness style :laugh3:

Damon: "You can't really... It's so iconic."

voiceover: "The Gorillaz aren't the only artists to capitalise on Bruce Lee's influence."

And then it moves on to something else.

Dude, Kelly yah... flash that VIP pass around like it's no tom.

Try to get backstage and if someone stops you be like, "Well, I'm outraged... don't you know who I am? I'm Kelly and I'm one of Damon's VIPs for this show thank you very much... step aside.."

:smug:

tumblr_l9j1hnaRxm1qc161po1_500.jpg

:laugh3: Liz you are making me sound like one of Damons devoted groupie's, well I guess I can't really argue with that :wacko:

Voiceover: "Damon Albarn, from the British band Gorillaz, saw Bruce Lee at an early age and was blown away. His band sold over 15 million albums, and their latest project, a circus-opera (!) called 'Monkey, journey to the west', has been staged around the world.

"When creating the music for the opera, Damon Albarn drew on the soundtrack to 'Enter the Dragon'"

Damon: "I definitely thought about that when I was doing the music for the monkey opera - the strong use of orchestra. It's just really exiting. It never became dull, you know."

Then they show a clip of the Gorillaz bite 'Game of Death'.

Voiceover: "Bruce Lee's influence has been apparant in much of the Gorillaz work since they launched in 1998 as the world's first virtual band. They created their own game of death animation and dressed monkey in Bruce Lee's signature yellow tracksuiit."

Damon: "He put monkey in a Bruce Lee..."

Jamie: (interrupting) "Yeah, well exactly - Monkey's got a Bruce Lee tracksuit".

Jamie's laughing a lot! It's quite weird actually - Smoggy's (I'm nearly sure it's him) sitting in the middle of the two of them! It just looks weird - like they're about to have a violent fight at any min - charts of darkness style :laugh3:

Damon: "You can't really... It's so iconic."

voiceover: "The Gorillaz aren't the only artists to capitalise on Bruce Lee's influence."

And then it moves on to something else.

Ahhh thanks a lot D!! :kiss:

Wow hahahaha what the fuck... Smoggy sitting in between them? Must of had another lover's quarrel.. :sneaky:

:laugh3: Liz you are making me sound like one of Damons devoted groupie's, well I guess I can't really argue with that :wacko:

Of course, aren't we all his little devoted groupies? :rolleyes:

:kiss:

^ :laugh3: hahahaha it looks like Jamie was teasing Damon about something again and Smoggy had to separate them both LOLOL!!

& thanks Nina! :blush: oh gosh I sure hope so... i'm hearing they have 5 tour buses just for the musicians... so after the show I should hang out by those like a right stalker :laugh3:

AAAAAANNNNNND time for a long-ass multi-quote post as I am now finally here!:laugh3:

here[/url].

You are now being followed, girlie! THANK YOU!!!!! :kiss:*HUGS*

Dudes!! I bring good news :D Here is a link to the documentary: http://stagevu.com/video/heujevayyxnh

Damon's (and Jamie's) bit starts at about 1:17. It's short but very cool!

You, Miss Thang, are my HERO!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! :kiss: *HUGS*

I added you shani! :nice:

Oooh only like two weeks! :dance: you must be literally counting the days to it now.

Hahaha, I highly doubt it, put it this way :laugh3: all he said was it meant we could get food and drink from a better area than non VIP ticket holders, something like that. I was secretly thinking about what you said though, wishing somewhat secretly that I could bump into Damon while walking along, and get to take a photo with him, and then suddenly Jamie comes along, and get a photo with him too :sneaky:

I cant wait to see what happens when you go :lol:

And I am following YOU, girlie-q! THANK YOU!!!!!:kiss: *HUGS*

And DON'T lose hope! It could happen! :D

Dude, Kelly yah... flash that VIP pass around like it's no tom.

Try to get backstage and if someone stops you be like, "Well, I'm outraged... don't you know who I am? I'm Kelly and I'm one of Damon's VIPs for this show thank you very much... step aside.."

:smug:

tumblr_l9j1hnaRxm1qc161po1_500.jpg

Yeah! I think with what they charge on those things there should be at least a meet and greet (God I hate that term-it just reminds me of those damn teeny-bopper and boy bands that do that-oe in particular that reunited a couple years ago and was-WAS!-my closet guilty pleasure!:embarrassed:)

AWWWWW DAMON AND YUKIMI!!!!!!!! Okay another guilty pleasure admission!:P I have scoped out some Gorillaz fanfic that have 2D and Noodle in a romance-yeah, I picture these2 when I read them! ;)