✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi girls... has anyone had a chance to listen to any of the songs Damon recorded while on tour for Think Tank in his hotel room? I'm just now getting around to listening to them, I guess they are his only bit of solo stuff. Only released on vinyl too(5,000 of them), I found one on ebay so I wanted it :wideeyed: I've gone vinyl crazy lately hahaha

Anyway here are some previews for anyone who hasn't heard the songs yet :)

http://mp3shake.com/en/album/Damon_Albarn/Democrazy-3507/

Democrazy! It would be an interesting listen. Thanks for the link! :wacko:

We're just a big happy family of Damon/Blur/Gorillaz/TGTBATQ/Democrazy Boys and Girls......and for that I have to put this here....

I remember getting addicted to Blur and one of the reasons was because of this song. I made my friend love this song too. :wacko:

AHHHH :bomb: i love these songs! I'm exited for the vinyl to get here :D

I eventually want to collect everything he has ever created. I know he's done quite a few soundtracks for movies too. Trainspotting probably the most famous. He's worked on so much it's insane, he is so inspiring :wacky: (and if you want to believe the rumors how he wrote the lyrics to Elastica's first album :P )

I eventually want to collect everything he has ever created. I know he's done quite a few soundtracks for movies too. Trainspotting probably the most famous. He's worked on so much it's insane, he is so inspiring :wacky:

lucky girl. i wanted that fools day vinyl but it costs so much! the only vinyl i own is some paramore single LAME lol. :laugh3:

im looking for a damn download of democrazy now. i want it on my ipod. :veryangry2:

Oh yeah I know :(

But on that link I posted the whole album is only like $2 so that's not bad for all the mp3s....

Tumblr is st00pid some ppl seem to be able to post big gifs, but I have no idea how they do it...

yea. but i hate giving my credit card out over the internet. im weird like that. well at least unknown websites... :(

I think the album is up on youtube. You could download it from there.

And thanks for that GIF. He is so sexy in that video

he is. and you are welcome. i didnt make them though. i just collected a bunch from someone else that made them lol.

lucky girl. i wanted that fools day vinyl but it costs so much! the only vinyl i own is some paramore single LAME lol. :laugh3:

im looking for a damn download of democrazy now. i want it on my ipod. :veryangry2:

I understand! I dont have the money for those vinyls either, I don't know what I'm doing :laugh3: running myself into more debt for Albarn that's what! hahaha

Ok and because I'm an idiot, I posted an interview about Suzi in the Gorillaz thread instead of in here :facepalm: anyway I said over there I would post this on how they met... it makes me laugh hahaha

“He tells me about meeting her for the first time, when they were both guests on Radio 4’s Midweek with Libby Purves. Suzi Winstanley is an artist who, with her collaborator Olly Williams, travels the world creating artworks that interact with the natural world they describe. As Damon remembers it, she was on to talk about polar bears. “I went, Oh yeah, I’ve got a house in Reykjavik…,” he says. (This wasn’t brilliantly impressive repartee - Damon does, it is true, have a house in Reykjavik, next door to his friend Einar Örn of The Sugacubes, but there are no polar bears there or, in normal circumstances, anywhere in Iceland.) He soon learned that playing the famous pop star card wasn’t going to get him too far anyway: “She spent the ’90s essentially being abroad - in the Arctic, in Africa, in South America, in India - so she genuinely had no idea who I was,” he says, with mock exasperation. “And how important I was.” The first time he visited her bedsit near Liverpool Street, she suggested that they go and see the Richard Serra sculpture nearby. It was close to rush hour. “No, you don’t want to do that,” he told her. “Trust me. And she was, What? She just thought, What a tosser. So we did, anyway, and she realised. Four Essex girls come up the escalator and go, Is that your new girlfriend, Damon?”

Still, Damon insists that a zero tolerance for self-regarding rock star behaviour in his life started right there and has endured. “Which is good,” he concedes. “And now I’ve got zero tolerance for everyone else who behaves like that.”

Like a smoker who gives up and becomes evangelical about non-smoking?

“I suppose so. I see where you’re going with that but…” - he sighs melodramatically - “…oh, alright.”

"I've got a house in Reykjavik"

hahahaha fail damon.. fail!

:lol:

youtube downloader is always good. It downloads the video and then it lets you convert it to mp3 and then just delete the video file and keep the mp3

Oh god! That is just fantastic! I read that before and then lost the link, so thanks for that! It's like he was desperate to impress her and just didn't think. He's just so funny - "and how important I was"

I eventually want to collect everything he has ever created. I know he's done quite a few soundtracks for movies too. Trainspotting probably the most famous. He's worked on so much it's insane, he is so inspiring :wacky: (and if you want to believe the rumors how he wrote the lyrics to Elastica's first album :P )

That reminds me when I looked up his profile on IMDB-I didn't realize how many movies Blur/Gorillaz songs show up in. (Including, sadly, the Karate Kid rip-off Will Smith financed for his son to be in-I think 19/200 shows up in it).

I understand! I dont have the money for those vinyls either, I don't know what I'm doing :laugh3: running myself into more debt for Albarn that's what! hahaha

Ok and because I'm an idiot, I posted an interview about Suzi in the Gorillaz thread instead of in here :facepalm: anyway I said over there I would post this on how they met... it makes me laugh hahaha

“He tells me about meeting her for the first time, when they were both guests on Radio 4’s Midweek with Libby Purves. Suzi Winstanley is an artist who, with her collaborator Olly Williams, travels the world creating artworks that interact with the natural world they describe. As Damon remembers it, she was on to talk about polar bears. “I went, Oh yeah, I’ve got a house in Reykjavik…,” he says. (This wasn’t brilliantly impressive repartee - Damon does, it is true, have a house in Reykjavik, next door to his friend Einar Örn of The Sugacubes, but there are no polar bears there or, in normal circumstances, anywhere in Iceland.) He soon learned that playing the famous pop star card wasn’t going to get him too far anyway: “She spent the ’90s essentially being abroad - in the Arctic, in Africa, in South America, in India - so she genuinely had no idea who I was,” he says, with mock exasperation. “And how important I was.” The first time he visited her bedsit near Liverpool Street, she suggested that they go and see the Richard Serra sculpture nearby. It was close to rush hour. “No, you don’t want to do that,” he told her. “Trust me. And she was, What? She just thought, What a tosser. So we did, anyway, and she realised. Four Essex girls come up the escalator and go, Is that your new girlfriend, Damon?”

Still, Damon insists that a zero tolerance for self-regarding rock star behaviour in his life started right there and has endured. “Which is good,” he concedes. “And now I’ve got zero tolerance for everyone else who behaves like that.”

“I suppose so. I see where you’re going with that but…” - he sighs melodramatically - “…oh, alright.”

AWWWW!!!!! SEE????????? See what a good woman can do?????? :D I LUV THAT!!!!!

youtube downloader is always good. It downloads the video and then it lets you convert it to mp3 and then just delete the video file and keep the mp3

Oh god! That is just fantastic! I read that before and then lost the link, so thanks for that! It's like he was desperate to impress her and just didn't think. He's just so funny - "and how important I was"

OOOH I'm gonna look into that! THX BB!!! :D

That whole story is so cute!:heart:

As its officially become October by now in a lot of the world I wanted to post a particular Damon/Jonathan Ross interview-look at the background of the show and what they're wearing and you'll know why. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSk38hScW04]YouTube - Damon Albarn - Interview on J. Ross PART 1[/ame]

SAVA THE TATAS! :D

As its officially become October by now in a lot of the world I wanted to post a particular Damon/Jonathan Ross interview-look at the background of the show and what they're wearing and you'll know why. :D

YouTube - Damon Albarn - Interview on J. Ross PART 1

Is it breast cancer awarness month? :embarrassed: Sorry I'm so bad, I always forget when it is.... you said Tatas so im guessing it's that hahaha :laugh3:

i do love that interview, you can tell Damon loves Graham very much even when he's talking about him not being there. It really hurt him when Gra left :cry: I'm so happy they are back together now :heart:

Is it breast cancer awarness month? :embarrassed: Sorry I'm so bad, I always forget when it is.... you said Tatas so im guessing it's that hahaha :laugh3:

i do love that interview, you can tell Damon loves Graham very much even when he's talking about him not being there. It really hurt him when Gra left :cry: I'm so happy they are back together now :heart:

:laugh3: It is, yup! In that interview Jon's got the pink going on and Damon and the boys are even wearing the pink ribbons! :heart:

I love that scene-I even love Damon trying to avoid the question (you have lovely eyes!:laugh3:) He handled it so sweetly! :D

thats ok. damon is worth going into debt for lol. i've been spending alot of money buying up the gorillaz albums lol.

thanks for the interview. i always wondered how they met. it seemed like they met and she was pregnant like the next day lol.

sweet. im gonna have 2 download that. thanks!

YouTube - Damon Albarn - Interview on J. Ross PART 1

i love that interview so fucking much. :D

AND OMG YOU GUYS FUCKING GIRLS AND BOYS IS ON DEMAND ON OUR CABLE. IM GONNA WATCH THE SHIT OUT OF THAT ON MY BIG SCREEN TV. :D :sneaky:

1643rp.jpg

thats ok. damon is worth going into debt for lol. i've been spending alot of money buying up the gorillaz albums lol.

thanks for the interview. i always wondered how they met. it seemed like they met and she was pregnant like the next day lol.

sweet. im gonna have 2 download that. thanks!

i love that interview so fucking much. :D

AND OMG YOU GUYS FUCKING GIRLS AND BOYS IS ON DEMAND ON OUR CABLE. IM GONNA WATCH THE SHIT OUT OF THAT ON MY BIG SCREEN TV. :D :sneaky:

1643rp.jpg

DAYAMN you got those caps up fast-and they are AMAZING!!!!!!:D Thank you BB!!!!