✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

Ahhh yes, he has forgiven Bono for that Grammy awards incident it sounds like :lol:

This interview is amazing... wondering what Jamie did that he can't say on radio about his younger days.. oh god hahaha! And his camping story if freakin' hilarious LMAO!!

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:Awww Jamie! For as crazy-fun as he is, he sure gets bashful! :lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie gotta love him :heart:

40547_1523961011869_1019916961_31498463_2051525_n.jpg

Alex has the right idea^ :dead:

Shani, want to just continue the convo over here? :lol: Keep it all in Damon's OFFICIAL thread hahaha!

Hell yeah! :D:D:D:D

DAYAMN that pic-if you look at it it just looks tie-dye. Thats SWEAT?????? Wow!!!

Oooh only like two weeks! :dance: you must be literally counting the days to it now.

Hahaha, I highly doubt it, put it this way :laugh3: all he said was it meant we could get food and drink from a better area than non VIP ticket holders, something like that. I was secretly thinking about what you said though, wishing somewhat secretly that I could bump into Damon while walking along, and get to take a photo with him, and then suddenly Jamie comes along, and get a photo with him too :sneaky:

I cant wait to see what happens when you go :lol:

I hope you get to see Damon and Jamie! You're so lucky to get the VIP tickets. :lips:

tumblr_l9j1hnaRxm1qc161po1_500.jpg

Aww man, To Binge is such a lovely song, and they're lovely on stage.

Voiceover: "Damon Albarn, from the British band Gorillaz, saw Bruce Lee at an early age and was blown away. His band sold over 15 million albums, and their latest project, a circus-opera (!) called 'Monkey, journey to the west', has been staged around the world.

"When creating the music for the opera, Damon Albarn drew on the soundtrack to 'Enter the Dragon'"

Damon: "I definitely thought about that when I was doing the music for the monkey opera - the strong use of orchestra. It's just really exiting. It never became dull, you know."

Then they show a clip of the Gorillaz bite 'Game of Death'.

Voiceover: "Bruce Lee's influence has been apparant in much of the Gorillaz work since they launched in 1998 as the world's first virtual band. They created their own game of death animation and dressed monkey in Bruce Lee's signature yellow tracksuiit."

Damon: "He put monkey in a Bruce Lee..."

Jamie: (interrupting) "Yeah, well exactly - Monkey's got a Bruce Lee tracksuit".

Jamie's laughing a lot! It's quite weird actually - Smoggy's (I'm nearly sure it's him) sitting in the middle of the two of them! It just looks weird - like they're about to have a violent fight at any min - charts of darkness style :laugh3:

Damon: "You can't really... It's so iconic."

voiceover: "The Gorillaz aren't the only artists to capitalise on Bruce Lee's influence."

And then it moves on to something else.

:wacko: Thanks D!

and Shani this will be Damon's face if you don't get to see him in concert...

tumblr_l8063uQI0n1qa88wfo1_400.jpg

:lol:

dcgbxw.jpg

<3<3<3 Damon in his 30s <3

holy uNNNNNFFFFF :dead: Graham is seriously so lucky to have such a hot boyfriend :dead:

tumblr_ksxhoogAhc1qa02uno1_500.jpg

Gosh, Graham's fashion sense! I kind of like it. :mellow:

Ahhh yes, he has forgiven Bono for that Grammy awards incident it sounds like :lol:

Eh, what incident is it?

40547_1523961011869_1019916961_31498463_2051525_n.jpg

Alex has the right idea^ :dead:

:laugh3::laugh3:

Guys, look at this interview Shelley put up on you tube and tumblr...

HILARIOUS! Damon finally talks about how much the minnie mouse shirt means to him :lol:

Thank you so much for this link! I watched this at the time, but I couldn't download it and then it was gone. It's funny that he chews his t-shirts. I used to do that with my jumpers (I think you guys would call them sweaters (?) long-sleeved tops). It was pretty disgusting actually, I would often have holes in the sleeves. People thought there was something wrong with me! They weren't too far wrong :D.

I'd really like to see Blur live. I wonder if they'll actually tour again? It's hard to tell. It'd be great.

Damn Alex for putting these images in my head. I have things to do! :laugh3:

Thank you so much for this link! I watched this at the time, but I couldn't download it and then it was gone. It's funny that he chews his t-shirts. I used to do that with my jumpers (I think you guys would call them sweaters (?) long-sleeved tops). It was pretty disgusting actually, I would often have holes in the sleeves. People thought there was something wrong with me! They weren't too far wrong :D.

I'd really like to see Blur live. I wonder if they'll actually tour again? It's hard to tell. It'd be great.

:laugh3: Isn't that hilarious? I'm AMAZED how well that shirt held up for 15 years with all that too, cannot lie!:D

Yup! There is an article I posted where Damon says a Blur tour isn't ruled out (and this also includes the US-I was pretty shocked there!:D) I have to find it though as I didn't bookmark it and therefore am a dork. :P I'll get it though!:D

Found it Girly-girl! :D

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/blogs/adamgrahamblog/index.php?blogid=374

Oh wow! That's great news! Thanks for that! I read also that he has a bunch of blur demos, so I'd say an album is a pretty sure thing as well :D.

Right? OOOOOOHHHH I would LUV EEET!!!!!! I didn't get to ride the Blur train first time around so this would be amazing!!!!:D

Guys, look at this interview Shelley put up on you tube and tumblr...

HILARIOUS! Damon finally talks about how much the minnie mouse shirt means to him :lol:

oh. i loved that interview! <3

i chew the strings on my hoodies. it bugs people so much. i dont understand why though lol.

Right? OOOOOOHHHH I would LUV EEET!!!!!! I didn't get to ride the Blur train first time around so this would be amazing!!!!:D

i would try 2 go 2 more than one show for sure. it would be super amazing. i cant even.

oh. i loved that interview! <3

i chew the strings on my hoodies. it bugs people so much. i dont understand why though lol.

i would try 2 go 2 more than one show for sure. it would be super amazing. i cant even.

Right?????:D I'm telling ya this is a great reason for me to light a fire under my ass and start a savings!

Hi girls... has anyone had a chance to listen to any of the songs Damon recorded while on tour for Think Tank in his hotel room? I'm just now getting around to listening to them, I guess they are his only bit of solo stuff. Only released on vinyl too(5,000 of them), I found one on ebay so I wanted it :wideeyed: I've gone vinyl crazy lately hahaha

Anyway here are some previews for anyone who hasn't heard the songs yet :)

http://mp3shake.com/en/album/Damon_Albarn/Democrazy-3507/

Hi girls... has anyone had a chance to listen to any of the songs Damon recorded while on tour for Think Tank in his hotel room? I'm just now getting around to listening to them, I guess they are his only bit of solo stuff. Only released on vinyl too(5,000 of them), I found one on ebay so I wanted it :wideeyed: I've gone vinyl crazy lately hahaha

(Although i'm a dude) I like it, there were cool demos. You can really see the evolution from "I Need A Gun" to "Dirty Harry".

Thank you for these chickie! I've never got to hear them yet either so this is great!:D

(Although i'm a dude) I like it, there were cool demos. You can really see the evolution from "I Need A Gun" to "Dirty Harry".

Hahaha I'm sorry, I'm so use to it just being girls in here I must remember our lovely fanboys as well :P

And your welcome, both of you :D

Democrazy is great! I really like a lot of the tracks on there. 'Half a song' is frustratingly short. You really get into it and then it just cuts off! Have you heard 'end of democrazy'? At the end of the song, you hear what sounds like his toilet flushing (there's a lot of toilets around here lately :thinking::D) and then in a really cute voice he says goodbye in lots of different ways and his voice gets higher and higher. It's so funny and absolutely adorable!

gah. love this video. my first blur experience was this song and video. :P

Not to mention he's giving great face to the camera in this one-yeah sorry I know I'm terrible!:laugh3:

Democrazy is great! I really like a lot of the tracks on there. 'Half a song' is frustratingly short. You really get into it and then it just cuts off! Have you heard 'end of democrazy'? At the end of the song, you hear what sounds like his toilet flushing (there's a lot of toilets around here lately :thinking::D) and then in a really cute voice he says goodbye in lots of different ways and his voice gets higher and higher. It's so funny and absolutely adorable!

OOOH Gonna see if thats on You Tube-I wanna hear it!!!!!!:D

EDIT: Found it!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz3vhx0BY4U]YouTube - Damon Albarn:Democrazy- End of Democrazy[/ame]

It's great! Also, check out "gotta get down with the passing of time" - it sounds like he chokes on his drink at the start! There are some really quirky bits on this album. I really like it!

LOL!!!!! I luv that! You really have to crank up the end to hear him don't ya? :lol: I just imagine that that would be the voice he would use for 2D had he been the one to do his speaking voice!:D

Gonna go look up GGDWTPOT now! :D