✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THis year I think cus Blur won best live show or something for their Hyde Park gigs last year and Jarvis presented them. I wish I could find the video again, it's so cute Damon is jumping around and he goes and high fives a bunch of the audience members

Oh cute! Do you know if there's any vid of it?

Oh cute! Do you know if there's any vid of it?

I remember seeing a vid of it a while ago but it wasn't on youtube. I thought it was on NME's site but now I can't find it there either! Dammit :bigcry:

Dibujo-5.jpg

Damon looks bored...

Dibujo2-2.jpg

...really bored.

Oh. :stunned:

More like trying to kill everyone with his unfy stare :dead:

i used 2 have that interview saved in my favorites and its gone now. it must have been removed. :cry:

this is still my favorite recent interview with him. <3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z93tyK3bJgk]YouTube - Ban X factor says Damon Albarn[/ame]

i used 2 have that interview saved in my favorites and its gone now. it must have been removed. :cry:

One of the many reasons I love this man. Seriously, shit like X Factor and AI destroy everything beautiful about music and turn it into this 'it's just business' crap. *SMH*

I also like this video:

He should consider doing audiobooks.

AWWWW HIS VOICE!!!!!:D

Hell he should do a bit of acting again-I loved what he did in 'Face' and even him playing a character of himself in 'Charts of Darkness'.

I saw Emma somewhere in this thread. HI EMMA.

Well, here's mi kind of summary:

-100 fans waiting for the band to appear, with some fangirls holding roses for Damon

-The minibus arrive with the band on it and everybody start screaming. 5 minutes later security tries to protect them. A fan screams: "Please Damon, give me a kiss. Is all i'm asking". She's unsuccesful.

-Damon's wearing sunglasses until the rehearsal starts. Alex looks like a naughty boy with the shorts and the messy hair. Graham looks silent and serious, he never smiles. Dave (which they erroneously call him Paul) tries to sneak in and be unnoticed.

-The concert starts with Stereotype, the most heard single from The Great Escape. Next is Charmless Man, the song everybody were expecting and Blur doesn't fail. ¿But what happened? Damon forgot the lyrics! Blur's frontman smiles and apologises by putting his hands together.

-Now Blur premieres their new single: Beetlebum, form their awaited fifth album. "We're testing it", explains Damon. "Next time we'll play it, it will sound much better. Patience!" To finish the concert, Blur chooses To The End, an old song from the band and that Damon always liked it.

-"See you later my friends". After that, Damon puts his sunglasses and shook the hands of the fans. The band will play at the "Doctor Music Festival", in the Pirineo of Lleida.

So that's kind of the whole thing. But seriously, i have no problem in translating the whole thing.

Thanks! :wacko:

Yah, they were like the Britpop King and Queen too so of course Damon was more paparazzi -ed back then compared to when he was/ is with Suzi now. Plus I guess he met Suzi when he was a bit older and you don't see too many at that age with PDA issues anymore :lol:

However I do have this pic of them making out while Suzi is preggers. lmao

tumblr_l75txqqzom1qc161po1_500.jpg

That luckeh girl. :charming:

Yeah, Damon and Suzi lead a rather private life, compared to Damon and Justine, I guess.

Its bizarre, it seems like two different people almost to me, Damon of younger era, party animal, going out with justine, and Damon of now, partnered with Suzi, devoted dad and seemingly more reserved? I know he's grown up and changed his ways I guess, like many people do and re-evaluate their life, but I just can't compare the two 'versions' :lol: Eh, probably a silly observation by moi, but just felt the need to mention.

It's almost as if Suzi is the opposite of Justine and Damon have moved from 'party phase' to a more matured phase? Haha.

Dibujo-5.jpg

Damon looks bored...

Dibujo2-2.jpg

...really bored.

:laugh3::laugh3: <3<3

Edit : And oh! The Damon Albarn pov about all this reality TV thing, I really like it! He really convinced me and now, I myself aren't such a big fan of all this reality competition thingy.

Ok sorry for the double post.. but this popped up on tumblr...

Jude Law does resemble him a bit...

tumblr_l9ad2jpmHs1qdmrdoo1_500.jpg

tumblr_l8b6u0VMeF1qarcmgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_l8b6jifSBp1qarcmgo1_400.jpg

tumblr_l89tfnqizE1qckk59o1_500.jpg

but of course Damon's still loads betta!

Well hell-where are those pics of them together at some function? They look like frickin' brothers for crying out loud! :laugh3:

And there is a screencap I saved that Damo is a dead ringer for Jude-but I do admit that Damon will always have my heart too!:kiss:

Oh hey guys-I'm starting up my tumblr-but having issues getting it to launch. Unfortunately I won't be able to do anything with it until either tomorrow night or Tuesday-I would love help if you guys can! Thank you! *HUGS* :kiss:

I agree with the Jude law thing. Damon is 2134565446 times hotter though. and Shani tumblr was being a bitch today so maybe u will have better luck next time u log on. u need 2 read the hobo Damon wedding story lizzy posted lol. sorry for the text typing. I'm on my iPod. :/ night girls.

^ Lols I even thought the first picture was Jude.

OH! HAHA! :D The first one IS Jude-one of his younger pics.

I agree with the Jude law thing. Damon is 2134565446 times hotter though. and Shani tumblr was being a bitch today so maybe u will have better luck next time u log on. u need 2 read the hobo Damon wedding story lizzy posted lol. sorry for the text typing. I'm on my iPod. :/ night girls.

Oh! Thanks for the heads up BB! And a Hobo Damon wedding eh? :laugh3: Now that you said that I have that line from 'Don't Get Lost in Heaven' in my head! :laugh3: ('You're a ho, girl-yeah you're a hobo!')

*HUGS* Have a good night and thanks again for the heads up! :kiss:

He should do audio books :lol: he has the best voice ever, in talking and singing.

tumblr_l95slsvUhV1qb3xkxo1_500.jpg

i wish he still jumped in the crowd for Gorillaz the way he always did for Blur! I would molest :mellow: lmao!

I was watching videos of Blur live lately (after the reunion), and I don't know how Damon has so much energy! He can run around and go all hyper on stage, I don't know how he does it! Yeah, I know Chris Martin is hyper too, but Damon is crazy hyper and in a much more interactive way. :lol:

Ok sorry for the double post.. but this popped up on tumblr...

but of course Damon's still loads betta!

DAMON WINS! :charming:

Or maybe it's just me being biased. :mellow:

YES YES YES! (Tad over the top there........ :laugh3:)

But yes, the things he talks about and discusses are pretty interesting. But come on, I love this interview mainly because he looks so damn beautiful :wacky:

Also the way he keeps turning his head to the side to think about answering the question, it just allows us the opportunity to view his freaking perfect nose. And his hair is so damn lovely here as well, and the way he does all those goofy smiles to camera and interviewer and we can see his dodgy teeth :laugh3:

:heart:

They are quite similar! Jude is more preened, perfected and 'hollywood' to me.