✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

^ Awww god, I love that gif of him :wideeyed:

And no the pics are in the Blur thread on here :D AHHHH Damon just HAS to sign that Fool's Day vinyl for me :P

:laugh3: You know I keep forgetting there is a Blur thread here! Going there now!

Yeah I think you made that gif didn't you? I love it! :D

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah no, I can't really make gifs, I don't have photoshop or anything. I just steal from tumblr really. Oh and I gave you credit Shani for the link to those Damon pics I just posted on the Damon Albarn tumblr :nice:

AWWWW! You didn't have to! I just found them is all! :D But THANK YOU BB! :hug: :heart:

Tumblr really is a great shopping ground for all kinds of images isn't it? And its FREE!!!! :D

Look at this impossibly perfect profile.......LOOK AT IT!!!!!!!:stunned::stunned::stunned: Be in AWE of the beauty that IS the Albarn profile!!!!!

damonalbarn4.jpg

:dead::dead:

The Albarn perfect nose. :bomb:

I can't ever imagine him acting like this again :lol: as cute as it was:

tumblr_l9p0cqbMvQ1qa79is.gif

4damondances.gif

Yeahhh! It's really hard. But then again, he was quite crazy during the Blur reunion gigs.

Where's the last gif from?

Omg and I need to head to bed... but look what just popped up on tumblr

tumblr_l9sg1tkeZ01qb1553o1_400.png

DYING DYING DYING CANT BREATHE :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

:laugh3::laugh3: HAHAHAAHAHA. Good grief! :laugh3:

I posted this in the Blur thread, but no one is going in there so I shall post it in here too :P

tumblr_l9rw7wUeRX1qzffqgo1_400.gif

lmaooo no Graham, don't make out with Pete Doherty! :lol:

(you guys really should just go and see the pics I took of the Fool's Day vinyl in there if you want :curtain:)

I don't think I've quoted this at the other thread.

Pete Doherty? :laugh3: Seriouslyyyy? LULZ. DAMON DON'T GET UPSET. :laugh3:

:laugh3:

Kelly likes a sexy and tired Damon, don't we all :sneaky:

:laugh3: I wasn't getting at that at all, but now that you mention it :wideeyed:

Oh I sweah to God if I ever get a photo op with him I'm MAKING him smile-I'll tickle him in his damn ribcage if I have to. :laugh3:

:laugh3: Thats a different approach Shani, I'm sure he'd appreciate your originality there!

to be honest, i'd probably faint. i remember when i saw snow patrol at the hight of my gary lightbody obsession i couldnt breathe for a second when the band came out. im such a loser lol. i had 2 keep my cool though, because my boyfriend at the time would have probably never let me live it down. :D

thanks for the pics guys. <3

Awww, I done the same when I saw radiohead, when I was so obsessed with them, I still am but not to the same extremes at the moment :lol: anyway yea I done the same, as soon as Thom appeared on stage I had the biggest grin on my face :laugh3: and all of us who go to Gorillaz will share stuff with you, I know its not the same as going yourself obviously, but hopefully its alot better than nothing :)

Damon must like having his picture taken with fans really I reckon, and alot of them are girls :sneaky:

15632905f7986a5ddbm.jpg

386938607a2f75d8cb0m.jpg

4592775271c9ce165afm.jpg

1893083735d0afd90744m.jpg

2706743403d14c82476cm.jpg

2715105818aeeb988311m.jpg

:laugh3: I wasn't getting at that at all, but now that you mention it :wideeyed:

:laugh3: Thats a different approach Shani, I'm sure he'd appreciate your originality there!

Awww, I done the same when I saw radiohead, when I was so obsessed with them, I still am but not to the same extremes at the moment :lol: anyway yea I done the same, as soon as Thom appeared on stage I had the biggest grin on my face :laugh3: and all of us who go to Gorillaz will share stuff with you, I know its not the same as going yourself obviously, but hopefully its alot better than nothing :)

Damon must like having his picture taken with fans really I reckon, and alot of them are girls :sneaky:

15632905f7986a5ddbm.jpg

386938607a2f75d8cb0m.jpg

4592775271c9ce165afm.jpg

Nice fan pics, Kelly. I haven't seen the majority of those :wideeyed:

I found this story on some guys blog.. and I cannot believe the luck he had, and omg Damon was so friendly to him too :wink3:

My Time with Damon Albarn

Me and Damon

It's 4:30am on a Friday morning. All indications say I should sleep but I can't. I just don't want to leave this tremendous feeling I have right now. I haven't felt this way in years.

Tonight, through people of people of people, I received an invite to the Gorillaz private after-party to celebrate five triumphant shows at the Apollo Theater. This could only mean one thing, I could be in the presence of Damon Albarn. If you don't know, Blur is and always will be my favorite band of all time. I have his autograph, slapped his hand and got jumped on by him at previous Blur gigs, but never said, "Hi, I'm Christopher....." I won't go into what their music has meant to me then and what it means to me now. It's just means the world to me.

On the way to the club, Marquee, I didn't get nervous because my theory on after-parties is that the band never shows up. So when I get up to the club, the first person I see is Dennis Hopper. I said to myself, "This is going to be a wonderfully strange night." What was sweet was that I had V.I.P. access, so I got upstairs where all the Gorillaz crew had to themselves. After about 20 minutes of being there, it got majorly packed and loud. All I wanted out of the night was to introduce myself to Damon, say thank you and get a picture. As it turned out, it went well beyond that.

So I'm standing by some couches and tables reserved for Damon, Jamie Hewlett, whoever. Once I see Smoggy, Damon's longtime bodyguard and director of security, I knew Damon arrived. I waited patiently while Damon said hello to his people. Meanwhile, I spot Dave and Pos from De La Soul, Jamie hugging a lot of people, Bootie Brown, Rosie Wilson, Simon Tong, people from the Harlem Gospel choir, the string section, various record people types and ladies who probably did something salacious to get access to this V.I.P. area. Shaun Ryder, Ike Turner and Roots Manuva didn't show up.

After about 30-45 minutes of just hanging back and chatting with people. I make my way to where Damon is sitting. He's talking with someone who looks important and is surrounded by two guys who could kill me on site if I made a wrong move. I just stand there for a few minutes until he's finished his conversation with the important man. He's done and he looked over to me and I just smiled widely and waved hello.

I said something along the lines of, "Hi, Damon. My name is Christopher. I don't know what to say in this situation. I'm probably one of the biggest Blur fans in America." He then looks over to my blazer that has a badge that has the Blur symbol on it.

He said, "Come here, Christopher" and gives a huge bear hug for a good ten seconds and we sway back in forth. My mind is pretty much going haywire. Damon Albarn is hugging me and he won't let go. When he let go, he gave me a smooch on the cheek. Believe me it gets better.

He then asks me if I was at the show tonight. I proceed to tell him that I was at four of the five shows. We basically have a good conversation about the shows. I tell him my favorite night was Monday because I had amazing seats and that the performances were more energized because the first night jitters and technical difficulties were out of the way. He nods his head and thanks me repeated for coming to the shows and how I'm pretty much praising him left in right. This whole time his arm was around me.

The man was in a great mood. Why shouldn't he? This year, he's won a well-deserved Grammy, Demon Days went double platinum and he just played five sold out show at the legendary Apollo.

Anyway, he offered me a drink, but I pour it myself. Cranberry and Finlandia Vodka. We then toast to a successful series of shows. Most Blur fans would have passed out by then. While I'm typing, this my hands are shaking because I'm still juiced from the experience.

I then ask him if I can take a picture and Smoggy was kind enough to take it for me. The results are above. I don't know who looks goofier, me or him. My face looks all bloated and he looks like he just drank a whole bottle of alcohol.

What happens next, you'll have to take me at my word. I wouldn't believe it myself if I read it from someone else. I thank him for his time. He smiled and said, "Oh, I'll see you around. Have a great time."

He then kisses me ... on the lips. You read that right. A nice sweet, innocent kiss ... ON THE LIPS. Just a slight peck. I don't remember if I said anything or laughed. All I could think of, "Did Damon Albarn just plant a smooch on me?" I'm actually glad he did it, not many guys can say that they got a kiss from another guy, who happend to me a major rock star.

I run downstairs and outside because I just had to get some air. It's hard to convey what I felt at that moment. Let's picture it this way, everyone has someone they want to meet, whether it be somebody famous along the lines of an actor, musician, sports figure or someone of historical significance. It's somewhere between idolization, admiration or just plain loving their work and it meaning something to you. Now imagine you meet that person and it goes well beyond what you thought it would be. It was more than the fact that he was in a good mood, I can tell that he knew I was in awe and that this meeting was something I will always remember. I don't think the word cool would define what happened and how he treated me. I'm going to read this in a year and think, "Damn, I sound gay." So be it.

When I get outside, I called my best friend and woke him up to tell him what happened. This was at 12:45am. While I'm on the phone, Neneh Cherry walked by to get into the club. This is the life I lead.

De La Soul

For the rest of the night, I meet all sorts of interesting people. I had a good chat with Pos from De La Soul, who I met about eight years ago when I worked in public relations and Levi's was a client. He did remember the campaign, but not me. In any event, you need to have nothing but love for De La Soul. Still kicking around in the business for 17 years and finally getting a Grammy. It's just awesome that a new generation of fans are discovering them. Bootie joined into our conversation about the shows.

When that ended, I turn around and there's James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem and DFA Records. He's spinning records and having a good time. I went over and talked for a bit. He's a very cool dude. At one point, we're banging our heads together, in that goofy way he does sometimes, to the beat from one of the records he put on. Now that's a fun little story to tell all the hipster kids from France and London.

Now that the crowded room is much more manageable to walk around and Damon is walking around chatting with everybody. He walked by me and pats me on the back. I

then see Neneh Cherry. I introduce myself, say what I do for a living (I grow flowers for a living, shhhhh, don't tell anyone) and tell her that me and my coworkers like to play "Buffalo Stance" to break the monotony.

Neneh Cherry

No joke, she started rapping, "Who's that gigolo on the street. With his hands in his pockets and his crocodile feet. Hanging off the curb, looking all disturbed. At the boys from home. They all came running." I do the only thing I could do, rapped with her, line by line. "Wearing padded bras and sucking beer through straws." Best line ever. That would be the very definition of out of body experience. Now if I were to go back in time and tell a young Christopher that at age 31 he would be rapping "Buffalo Stance" with Neneh Cherry, that teenage Chris would tell me that I'm on crack.

At about 2:30, I felt that I should leave while I'm on a high note, before I say something foolish or break something. That would prove to be impossible. I met a group of Australians and you can't tear yourself away from them. They are too entertaining. One was an actress who is actually a big deal in Australia, like she gets stopped on the streets of New York by fellow Aussies who recognize her from her soap opera work on Home and Away. That's someone you don't meet everyday.

After one Aussie told me that I need to loosen up, she proceeded to undo my tie, rip a button off my shirt and flip-up the collar on my jacket. It was time to go. Before I headed out, I want to say goodbye to Damon. He's at the bar talking with Dave from De La Soul. Again, I wait until his conversation is done. He's finished with Dave and he turned to me. "Well, Christopher. You look like you had a good time." I tell him that Australians love to have a good time.

I then give him my blog card and we chat a little more. I tell him my theory about how the music you listen to in college is the music you'll be listening to the rest of your life. He agreed. Then some girls interrupt. Rosie spots me and takes my hat and tie and proceeds to wear it. When Damon was done talking with the birds, he walks by and we grab hands in the bro handshake form and he said, "I hope you had a good time. It was a pleasure to meet one of the biggest Blur fans." Yup, it really doesn't get much better than that.

Neneh Cherry

The walk back to my car, my whole body was in shock. I just spent a night where I met all these great people and I now have stories to tell for weeks to come. As you know, I'm a not club goer and I don't do scenester stuff. I'm comfortable in my outsider standing in the music world, but being at the Gorillaz after-party and sharing company with Damon ... I don't know ... it's going to be hard to top that. You know, it's not like we're best friends now or he'll remember my name, but for me it's a special time that I wish other people can also experience in some form.

I just wished that no one mugged me or got into a fiery crash driving home. Home safe, and it's 5:45am. Geez.

P.S. Damon wasn't plastered, he just likes to goof around in the pictures.

http://www.musicsnobbery.com/2006/04/my_time_with_da.html

paul_damon.jpg

-"Hey Damon, why is your pal Jamie staring at us with a camera?"

-"He is?"

:wacky: I love him as a cartoon lol.

[quote=bedofroses;4475979

15632905f7986a5ddbm.jpg

386938607a2f75d8cb0m.jpg

4592775271c9ce165afm.jpg

HA!!! I don't think I could really do it though-I'm too much of a weenie!:laugh3:

Actually though, the newer ones of him with fans (at the Plastic Beach shows) he does seem to be smiling more often so thats a good thing!:D

Lucky people God dammit! :laugh3: My favorite is that first one! :D Honestly though I've heard that though he hasn't smiled in a lot of these (even scowling in some but that could be him playing around), he's been nothing but a sweetie to these fans so that is good enough for me!:D

paul_damon.jpg

-"He is?"

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: 'Damon' looks like such a bully kid in that! Luv it!

I found this story on some guys blog.. and I cannot believe the luck he had, and omg Damon was so friendly to him too :wink3:

http://www.musicsnobbery.com/2006/04/my_time_with_da.html

I adore this story-and didn't Damo say that he's straight but has a bisexual side, something along those lines? :wink3: I think its awesome that he's not afraid of that either-But Damon honey some of us ladies are missing out donchya think? :wink3: Nah seriously I love it! :heart:

Damon is just like, eternally sexy :laugh3:

I will NOT disagree with that comment.....no I won't. :kiss:;)

I know that gif... HOLY :sweatdrop:

I think he's spotted more tatas on the horizon there. Tatas, tatas everywhere. :laugh3:

Thats it I'm wearing a low-cut cami and a push-up to my show. :kiss: KIDDING, kidding! Maybe.....:rolleyes:

tatas?

To me it could look like he's proclaiming to the world 'Do you hear that noise? Thats the sound of pure genius in motion my friends'. :cool:

It could be both! :laugh3: I kid I kid! :D

:hug: BB WE :heart: ya! You are DEFINITELY included with us when we go-and we will share EVERYTHING with you! (hell I'm still on the iffy side-I'm hoping everything will work out-just got my hours cut big time this week so gonna see if I can cut it!:\)

I hear ya about work-I have tomorrow off but this weekend was just bizzare!:stunned:

Have a good night BB! Sweet dreams to you! :hug:

aww. thanks bb! <3 im really excited 2 see the pics and hear everyones stories. i really hope you can make it.

Nevermind I guess I'm not off to bed, I still have a page to write on this paper :sad: I'm so tired too.

I'm really sorry about both your girls jobs.. that sucks. Hugs for all of you.. :hug::hug:

I posted this in the Blur thread, but no one is going in there so I shall post it in here too :P

tumblr_l9rw7wUeRX1qzffqgo1_400.gif

lmaooo no Graham, don't make out with Pete Doherty! :lol:

(you guys really should just go and see the pics I took of the Fool's Day vinyl in there if you want :curtain:)

JOBS SUCK. i missed all the new gorillaz single picspam party today because of my job. ughhhhhh. ;_; and where is the blur thread? i have these bookmarked so idk where 2 look. i wanna see the vinyl. :D i really hope you get 2 meet dames and get it signed!

lol. i would give anything 2 see radiohead live! yeah, its just such an awesome feeling 2 see someone you've been obsessing over in real life.

I'm not gonna read that blogpost now. :|

15632905f7986a5ddbm.jpg

386938607a2f75d8cb0m.jpg

4592775271c9ce165afm.jpg

HAHAHHA, I find it hard to imagine that I will ever get a picture with Damon. :lol:

These lucky people. :bomb:

paul_damon.jpg

-"He is?"

:surprised: So this is the part where Jamie drew them.

aww. thanks bb! <3 im really excited 2 see the pics and hear everyones stories. i really hope you can make it.

:hug: Thank you baby girl!!!! And yes you ARE part of this experience!!!! :heart:

I'm not gonna read that blogpost now. :|

HAHAHHA, I find it hard to imagine that I will ever get a picture with Damon. :lol:

These lucky people. :bomb:

Right? Its like they won the lottery for cryin out loud! :D

Well goodnight girls, and no worries those terrible haterz over at the GU forum... The Owlbarn is coming for you all :evil:

tumblr_l9u4uhcL3e1qadyb5o1_250.gif

YAY FOR SAINT ALBARN PROTECTING HIS PEOPLE!!!! :heart: What song is that from?

:hug: Gnight Lizzy BB! LUV YA! :heart:

Well goodnight girls, and no worries those terrible haterz over at the GU forum... The Owlbarn is coming for you all :evil:

tumblr_l9u4uhcL3e1qadyb5o1_250.gif

:laugh3::laugh3:

I wonder how many Damon related pictures you have in your computer! :laugh3:

Right? Its like they won the lottery for cryin out loud! :D

YEAH! Those lucky peopleeeee.

tatas?

To me it could look like he's proclaiming to the world 'Do you hear that noise? Thats the sound of pure genius in motion my friends'. :cool:

Oh sorry Kelly. There was this picture posted in the Gorillaz thread a while ago and it looked like Damon and Mark E. Smith were staring straight at this girl's chest ( i.e. tatas, just slang in america i guess)... it sort of looked like he had the same facial expression on his face there in that gif... so yeah lol :blank:

Lol I just have all the pics in photobucket... :P there are still so many pics I need :wideeyed:

2hmoms9.gif

lol. I LOVE THIS GIF. i requested hipposaurus 2 make it for me on tumblr. im so glad she did. i watch the video far 2 much.

IM GETTING READY FOR MUSE GUYS. IM SO EXCITE.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_hSW2ef934]YouTube - Beetlebum mishap at the Meltdown..[/ame]

shani. idk if you've see this. its adorble when he messes up. then has 2 explain why. LOL.

Oh sorry Kelly. There was this picture posted in the Gorillaz thread a while ago and it looked like Damon and Mark E. Smith were staring straight at this girl's chest ( i.e. tatas, just slang in america i guess)... it sort of looked like he had the same facial expression on his face there in that gif... so yeah lol :blank:

I seeeee :lol: I guessed it was chest, but I wanted to make sure. Yea, I've never heard that term before :laugh3:

lol. I LOVE THIS GIF. i requested hipposaurus 2 make it for me on tumblr. im so glad she did. i watch the video far 2 much.

IM GETTING READY FOR MUSE GUYS. IM SO EXCITE.

shani. idk if you've see this. its adorble when he messes up. then has 2 explain why. LOL.

Yes, thank you for asking Sasha to make that she did a great job, that video is so funny and cute btw.

Have fun at Muse :dance:

I seeeee :lol: I guessed it was chest, but I wanted to make sure. Yea, I've never heard that term before :laugh3:

Yes Kelly now you know some cool American slang. Go around sayin' tatas all you want now:wacko:

tumblr_l9uflxJuGE1qa88wfo1_1280.jpg

s7303083.jpg

89039884.jpg

89039825.jpg

tumblr_l9vmtzRuGX1qcbibbo1_500.jpg

tumblr_l9vn70JXJG1qcbibbo1_500.jpg

Btw. Kelly you heard the Damon interview on BBC1 yesterday right? What did he say in it? I wish I hadn't missed it :(