✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Laura was super lucky, the De La Soul dudes like loved her :laugh3: And then Smoggy, "she's with us" AWWWW smoggy you wonderful thing you!!!

Yeah I know:angry::angry: that stupid lady, that made me sad reading that and seeing that it really hurt Damon's feelings when she said that. He really get so misunderstood by a lot of people I feel like.

And that is just fucked up that people act like that!!! I didn't notice it when I was in Dublin, but of course you live there and know more. The problem I think with Americans is how competitive we are, and how we can't be happy for other people when good things happen to them. We're really selfish country. And very two faced I feel like. I felt the majority of European people were very kind and genuine compared to over here. We compare ourselves too much to each other and frankly are just not a happy country compared to how much we should be thankful for. Ok end of cultural rant :lol:

She really was! The De La Soul lads seem to be so nice, and Smoggy is just so damn sweet!!

I know! I just don't get why someone would say that to him. I mean, he's only human. It broke my heart a little that he was hurt by it. Bitch. He really is misunderstood by some people.

Yeah, I know. It's something that really angers me about this country. But anyway... there are faults with every country, I'm sure. There are plenty of people like that here too though! We would call them "begrudgers", or to use more colourful language - "begrudging bastards!". :laugh3:

Blur... January... *squee*.:D:D

Oh my god, so yes... still being the creeper I am. But someone asked Denholm (Jamie's son on tumblr again) what Damon was like and he had the sweetest response:

"Do you have a favorite Gorillaz song? What is Damon like? Is he nice and stuff?"

"hi anonymous :) nice to see you on tumblr as well

umm, my favourite song would have to be ‘On Melancholy Hill’ cause i never get sick of listening to it, it puts me in a weird relaxed mood :)

what about you? whats your favourite?

and damon, well, i’ve known him since i was born, he is one of the most genuine and fun people you could ever meet. He is sucha laugh, great to be around :) so yeah, he is nice and stuff :L "

http://denholmhewlett.tumblr.com/post/1561216976/hi-denholm-nice-to-see-you-on-tumblr-do-you-have-a

:wacky::heart:

Man, I'm scared to follow him though! I think he follows everyone back and I don't want him to see the stuff I post about Damon :laugh3: Even though he seems nice enough.

Oh my god, so yes... still being the creeper I am. But someone asked Denholm (Jamie's son on tumblr again) what Damon was like and he had the sweetest response:

"Do you have a favorite Gorillaz song? What is Damon like? Is he nice and stuff?"

"hi anonymous :) nice to see you on tumblr as well

umm, my favourite song would have to be ‘On Melancholy Hill’ cause i never get sick of listening to it, it puts me in a weird relaxed mood :)

what about you? whats your favourite?

and damon, well, i’ve known him since i was born, he is one of the most genuine and fun people you could ever meet. He is sucha laugh, great to be around :) so yeah, he is nice and stuff :L "

http://denholmhewlett.tumblr.com/post/1561216976/hi-denholm-nice-to-see-you-on-tumblr-do-you-have-a

:wacky::heart:

Man, I'm scared to follow him though! I think he follows everyone back and I don't want him to see the stuff I post about Damon :laugh3: Even though he seems nice enough.

Oh man!! That is just sooo sweet! Awww!

And he's got great taste. That's one of my favourite songs ever - not just Gorillaz.

^HAHAHHAA THAT GIF. I like it! :wacko:

i was showing my mom those extremealbarn pictures and she finally asked me how old he is. when i told her, she was like, "he's only seven years younger than me?! that's old, you creep."

i guess fangirling over a grown man that's over my agex2 isn't all that healthy. x D

*cough* My friends think I like old men. xD

ALSO this:

Sounds like he met up with Graham and the boyz the other day and we should expect something small from them in January... :stunned: BRB EXPLODING :bomb:

:freak::freak: OMG. I'm hoping for an EP or something. :bomb: LASHDALJSH :freak: BLUR BLUR BLUR /berserk

And Damon looks so good in the video. :blush:

Bahaha LOVE that gif! :laugh3: Don't have time to search for it right now, otherwise I'd hunt it down and reblog it. :sneaky:

I can't get over the fact how that other girl asked Damon to get her into the VIP area and then acted so butthurt... :confused: Poor Damon, he really doesn't deserve this as he's always been kind to his fans and stuff, and yet some people act like complete arseholes around him. :(

ALSO this:

Sounds like he met up with Graham and the boyz the other day and we should expect something small from them in January... :stunned: BRB EXPLODING :bomb:

Oooooh BLUR :wacky:

:laugh3: I did wonder what Damon thought of Shaun Ryder appearing in I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.

Bahaha LOVE that gif! :laugh3: Don't have time to search for it right now, otherwise I'd hunt it down and reblog it. :sneaky:

I can't get over the fact how that other girl asked Damon to get her into the VIP area and then acted so butthurt... :confused: Poor Damon, he really doesn't deserve this as he's always been kind to his fans and stuff, and yet some people act like complete arseholes around him. :(

Yeah I know he was too drunk too to even really understand what she was saying and then she just calls him that :(

It really upsets, makes me sad when people say shit to or about him. I feel like if they knew more about him (like we do) they wouldn't say those things.

Aw thanks! that gif NEEDED to be made :mellow:

Another pic of Damon at that Dublin after party :lol: What is he drinking? Water? :laugh3:

tumblr_lbxvn6ahA31qcok26o1_500.jpg

Hello everyone!

I'd been wanting to join this forum for a while, cos it seems like there's a really nice group of you here- I know/recognise a couple of you already from tumblr...Shani, Lizzy and cocklehockler (=ihocklecockles, yes? unless that's merely a crazy coincidence!) There might be more of you I'm not aware of?

I'm on tumblr with the same username, though you'd be forgiven for not knowing me much from there as I haven't been on there very much recently, and I rarely post about myself or anything!

But yes, it's nice to meet you all! My name's Amy by the way. Oh and it is very relevant that I'm posting today as last night was my turn to see Gorillaz in London sdjfhakjhalkjshfakjhf. So I am just in the process of writing up as many memories from the show and I will post it here/or maybe the Gorillaz thread as it's more appropriate.. later tonight. Aah it was so amazing you guys, but yes, I will elaborate on that later.

Hello Amy! Welcome in the thread - so many people sign up on CPing just because of Damon and his bands, it's insane! :lol: Pleased to meet you, I'm Nina :nice:

You need to tell us how the concert was, you know that we like hearing other people's experience! :awesome:

Hello everyone!

I'd been wanting to join this forum for a while, cos it seems like there's a really nice group of you here- I know/recognise a couple of you already from tumblr...Shani, Lizzy and cocklehockler (=ihocklecockles, yes? unless that's merely a crazy coincidence!) There might be more of you I'm not aware of?

I'm on tumblr with the same username, though you'd be forgiven for not knowing me much from there as I haven't been on there very much recently, and I rarely post about myself or anything!

But yes, it's nice to meet you all! My name's Amy by the way. Oh and it is very relevant that I'm posting today as last night was my turn to see Gorillaz in London sdjfhakjhalkjshfakjhf. So I am just in the process of writing up as many memories from the show and I will post it here/or maybe the Gorillaz thread as it's more appropriate.. later tonight. Aah it was so amazing you guys, but yes, I will elaborate on that later.

Hey!! Welcome Amy! This is becoming is really cool community! And you're right, by the way - not a coincidence :laugh3:. You can call me D.

OOOhh! I can't wait to hear how it went!!!

Liz!!! I'm dying here.... seriously!!! :heart: :hug:

Hello everyone!

Hey!! Welcome Amy! This is becoming is really cool community! And you're right, by the way - not a coincidence :laugh3:. You can call me D.

Guess he was in a serious winking mode! :heart: :laugh3:

4real :P

pffft, his hair makes him look like he had a rough night. probably did, too!

or bed head :wink3:

Hello everyone!

Yes!! I totally recognize your username from tumblr! That's amazing that you found us here and joined too! Welcome Amy :hug:

DED IZ DED DAT IZ ALLLLLL

:dead:

Hello everyone!

Hey Amy! Nice to meet you. :wacko:

Gosh, we're probably the most active Damon discussion area around, to the extend people join a Coldplay forum for it.

Call me Ly. :nice:

hey, 'sup amy! i guess this is my first time meeting you 'cos i don't have tumblr... well, now i do, so... x D

anyway, nice to meet you!

oh yeah, liz, i thoroughly went through your tumblr and it is sooooo freakin' funny! i haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Wait wahhhh?! How did you find my tumblr?

Lol and thanks!

You made a tumlr? Link us please!!! :D

actually, i can't remember. yesterday went by really fast for me. x D;;

there's nothing on my tumblr right now but i'm gonna use it to put my art somewhere, so i link you's guys whenever i update it.

OK. for soem reason my email alerting appears to be working only sporadically. Seriously-I had no clue things were still going on here! Sorry guys! Me thinks tumblr is an addiction now! :P

I fucking hate douchebags who do that in pits :angry::angry: It pisses me off, that's what happened to me and my friend when we saw The Strokes. It's just shit because we are both pretty small women and then these assholes come up there and started literally just being abusive to us, it was like "hey! I waited here 7 hours for this spot.. your not moving me from it" :lol:

Good though that Damon jumped on them hahaa! :evil:

Aww :hug::hug::hug: it's ok. Your time will come, you seem to be taking it well and very satisfied with your show, so that's what matters you know? :kiss:

I LOVE THIS!

I'm always reblogging from it hahahaha whoever made it is a genius!

Also.. I thought you girls might want to hear this story of Damon. Some of you might of seen it on tumblr, but my friend on there, Laura got invited by the De La Soul guys to go to the after party :stunned::stunned:

The parts of Damon at this after party are freaking hilarious!! I was wheezing at the image of him and Smoggy drunk wrestling at the bar :laugh3::laugh3:

tumblr_lbt0c5sI5T1qbl9m4.jpg

^ love his new lil plaid scarf thing he has got going on :wacky:

ARGH those guys remind me of the ****s that wouldn't budge out of their places by the busses at the pJX show (you know, the eBay fucks!!!! :veryangry2:)

OMG that story KILLS me! She and her guy are sooooooo lucky! I have to say that the **** saying that shit to Damon just bugs me to no end. It REALLY is upsetting to read how people think Damon's such a douche and all (read it in another thing last night even)-I've never seen him act like one-even when he is visibly annoyed or getting his point across he is rather respectful-and to see that he was truly hurt by that (even if its possible it was just the booze, still doesn't excuse it) truly bothers me. I don't get how people just think they can treat others like shit and get away with it.

I know! That sucks. People are such dicks. I had to have words with one of them earlier, before Little Dragon. He was trying to be smart back to me so I just stared them down and guilted them into moving, but then they pushed in before gorillaz. I was raging! Typical!

Aw :hug: Yeah, I'm not too disappointed. Apparantly, he just got around to about half the people there and I'm not the kind of person who'd be pushy to get to him, so I'm sure I wouldn't have got time to meet him anyway. There'll be other times! I definitely plan to see him live again!

Guys! Guess what I found?? The video for Clint from my show where he jumped in! I was wrong - it wasn't smoggys hand. It was someone in the crowd kinda ruffling his hair! It would have been funny if it was him. It's really blurry for a little bit but it does get better. He jumps about halfway through the vid. Anyway, here it is:

That Tumblr account is hilarious!!

That story is so damn amazing! That girl is sooo lucky. I really can't get over it. Kicking myself :laugh3:. That'll be a night for her to remember. That girl in the bar shouting over at him was a total bitch. I fucking hate dickheads like that. I'm sorry to rant but there are so many people over here that are like that. They have serious inferiority complexes. I just know she's the type because she called him "stuck up". I know lots of people who, if they see you in town or something and you genuinly don't see them and so don't say hello, they'll say it to you the next time they see you and call you "stuck up" or "snobby". They say it jokingly, but they kinda mean it. It really pisses me off. Sorry - you guys probably don't know what I'm talking about, but trust me - these people are incredibly annoying :angry:.

:laugh3: Well it's good that she didn't suspect that he was a little bit older before that! Had she seen him before that? Screw it - he's amazing!

OMG LOVE THE VID!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU BB!!!!!!

Wow your Damon near-miss sounds so much like mine-I'm tellin ya if anything goes down next year we are soooo there!!!! :D

Oh trust me sister, I know EXCATLY the type of person you speak of-they run RAMPANT in the good old US of A! :veryangry2:

ALSO this:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO this:

I swear to God we are MEETING UP for this if it happens.....and I am still pushing for the idea that we all wear Fred Perry polos!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

I know it melts mah heart :wacky: lol

Hey Shani.. you couldn't see this on tumblr?

tumblr_lbwnbxd7fw1qct075.gif

Majority of people said they could see it. A few couldn't though so idk it might be the internet browser your using perhaps?

Anyway I'm so proud of my shitty gif :P

YA it wouldn't work for me!!!!!!!!!!!:( I am loving the 'BOOM!' pic still though!!!! I think my comp just sucks!

Yeah I know he was too drunk too to even really understand what she was saying and then she just calls him that :(

It really upsets, makes me sad when people say shit to or about him. I feel like if they knew more about him (like we do) they wouldn't say those things.

Aw thanks! that gif NEEDED to be made :mellow:

Another pic of Damon at that Dublin after party :lol: What is he drinking? Water? :laugh3:

tumblr_lbxvn6ahA31qcok26o1_500.jpg

Yeah. Water. *Giggles* :sneaky: I just really hope if I get a second chance to meet him again he's drinking 'water' and all happy and not pressed for time! :D

Hello everyone!

HI AMY!!!!! I think I'm following you? I need to chek-if not I will be! :D

And I'm EXCITED to hear your concert story too!!!!!!

Wait wahhhh?! How did you find my tumblr?

Lol and thanks!

You made a tumlr? Link us please!!! :D

Also this:

Posting for the guns...

tumblr_lby5h6oSSD1qb82ijo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lbxsqcbEy11qann20.jpg

Thats it-DAMON RIP THE SLEEVES OFF OF YOUR DAYAMN SHIRTS OKAY????? YOU'RE SERIOUSLY ROCKING THIS LOOK!:wink3:

:bomb: you have no idea :bomb::bomb:

I'm still freaking out over itttttttt :dead:

Btw isn't Kelly's show today? :surprised: Where is she? I hope she gets to meet Damon with her VIP pass!!

RIGHT???? I wanna hear this!!!

actually, i can't remember. yesterday went by really fast for me. x D;;

there's nothing on my tumblr right now but i'm gonna use it to put my art somewhere, so i link you's guys whenever i update it.

YAAAAY!!!! THX BB!!!!!:D