✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How Has Coldplays Music Helped/Affected Your Life? (I CAN HAZ STOREEZ?)

ViVA Child

ok first... sorry if this thread already exists

i couldnt find one but if it does we'll just let this die

Anyways... I want to write this book thingy and I wanted to incorporate how Coldplay music/ all music helps people and how important it is

Does Anyone have any stories theyd like to share ?

*crickets chirping*

I heard one person say once that she'd never commit suicide because she didnt want to miss out on hearing Coldplays music.

Which I know is a dumb reason... but well... i think its kinda beautiful that music can have that kind of impact on people and this cant be the only case of that.

Share if you like

k thanks :)

i tend to remember through music to the people i miss, if that helps you write that book.

at times to be in a mood i listen to certain music, -to help me write some stories or parts of the stories- but at times it is way much and i have to go back to 'normal' music, but i keep listening the other music, just less often.

By listening to coldplay, I started listening to more British music and not so on the mainstream. I got affected by other music and soon, I found my way to liking better music than before liking coldplay. And finding about loads of other music than mainstream.

Also found my way to not listen to coldplay music as often as usual.

by liking coldplay, i joined coldplaying too. :awesome::lol:

Hm. My story will be different. Coldplay didn't open me up to listening more other music. It's like Coldplay showed me what real music is. It's beautiful, fragile, and sensitive, but also have guts. It's the reason I started to play piano, and wanted to be a musician. It's the reason that I started to dance again. It's the reason I started to look at things differently. It always comfort me, motivate me, and makes me feel better. And sometimes helps me to express my feelings. That's why I love Coldplay!

I love that all Coldplay ever did for people was lead them to "better" artists. :rolleyes:

I was thinking that too. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I won't go into details right now 'cause I don't really have time, but PM me if you want to Gena (it's Gena, right?)

I discovered Coldplay in my early teens, and thus they have been with me through some really tough times. They have brought me joy and so many new experiences. And not to forget; I've met so many wonderful people here on the forum. :heart:

I can really relate the songs to my life, and I guess that is why some people don't like certain music - it's just not applicable to their lives. I didn't like the Beatles when I was younger for example. But I do now, 'cause my life has changed and so have I.

Anyway, that's that.

Where are all the actual coldplay fans? these forums tend to be full of people that only sort of like coldplay? well thats my recent experience anyway...

to answer your point ( i wont give an irrelevant answer about how coldplay let me discover "better" bands)

Just before xmas i had been having a really bad time, Pressures from work, Pressures from home and crazy pressure in my personal life, and it made me feel like giving up on life, i attemped suicide, got arrested after the police chased me with helicopters etc and was taken to hospital where i was detained for 24hrs. it was a very unpleasant experience. Coldplay didnt stop me making that attempt but their music helped me afterwards. Listening to the powerful ending of politik is quite life affirming and little things like this slowly build me back up. Also i sort of would tend to echo the point you made about that girl who wanted to live for coldplays music, i suppose i feel like that, even if it does mean im a total loser.

Anyway, my point is coldplays music can act like a strong dose of hope in dark situations. It was certainly more of a help for me than the after treatment i receiced lol.

If it wasn't for Coldplay, I wouldn't have met so many wonderful and beautiful people, and I wouldn't have realized what real music is. If you know what I mean? :thinking: :shrug:

And, if it wasn't for Coldplay, I would probably never have heard of Richard Ashcroft :wreck:

And he is just.. oh god, he's just amazing. He's my hero, and someone I look up to quite a bit :heart:

And yeah, also, if it wasn't for Coldplay, I wouldn't have been so interested in music. But now, I am like a complete music freak :laugh3:

ive got some really great answers here

thanks everyone (except Cobalt)

and christopher Martin (i dk your real name) that was a really great story <3

thanks guys

lol np, sorry to bring down the mood though, I might change my name on here, at the time i was struggling to think of a unique username, just typed chris's name in and it was free lol.

you didnt bring down the mood! it was perfect and i wish there were more answers like it

i dont even really know what im doing... i mean i thought it might be cool to make some sort of memoir/ monologue (i dk the difference) because ive told friend the stuff coldplays helped me through and they thought it was... intense.

i figured im not the only one whos had this kind of thing with an artist/band so.... yeah :)

you didnt bring down the mood! it was perfect and i wish there were more answers like it

i dont even really know what im doing... i mean i thought it might be cool to make some sort of memoir/ monologue (i dk the difference) because ive told friend the stuff coldplays helped me through and they thought it was... intense.

i figured im not the only one whos had this kind of thing with an artist/band so.... yeah :)

I love that all Coldplay ever did for people was lead them to "better" artists. :rolleyes:

Well, hey, that could be a good thing for them and the best thing they could think of that currently applies to them.

(except Cobalt)

:D:heart:

Well:

Coldplay opened up my eye's to a world of smaller, yet better music!

Plus, (and I am not afraid to admit this) last year I was going through a tough time emotionally and mentally. I thought about committing suicide. But, then I though about the Coldplay show I was going to in August. This thought led to an extreme amount of thoughts like, "Would I really want to give up my life and give up the rest of the happiness I can have in the future?" So, Coldplay have really made an impact.