✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Has Coldplay helped you in anyway?x

Cyan Kat

I was listening to this dude once saying how coldplay's music has helped people through difficult times and inspired people.

I agree, when I was feeling kinda depressed I found Coldplay, the lyrics really speak to me 'you belong with me not swallowed in the sea'- thats my favourite song and I can't explain why it just is. when I can't sleep Coldplay always works again I can't explain it and the way it sends shivers down your spine and a warm feeling inside you.

Maybe I'm just weird but I know that their music is extra-ordinary...

Let me no your view etc.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay have helped me in many ways, I think. When I've felt sad or even depressed, I've found comfort and compassion in their music. Sometimes it's even helped me have a good needed cry, to be honest.

The lyrics really speak to me, so I feel less alone about things, when I can relate the lyrics to my problems, which I usually always can.

Coldplay's music can also help me calm - e.x. last year, when I was waiting for my exam grade in music, I was nervous, so I put on "Don't Panic" and it really helped!

Listening to Coldplay, being a huge Coldplay fan has also made me feel more confident and self-secure in some weird way. If I walk around outside with Coldplay in my earphones I can feel that I'm able to conquer the world, just because they rule. :cool: :P

Coldplay haven't exactly helped my wallet though. :angry: You suck, Coldplay!

(Not really :P)

coldplay helped me in so many ways! their lyrics really touch me and help me through rough times, anywhere and anytime:heart: they cheer me up or making me more sad, and whatever it does it actually helpes me go through the pain or something much faster.

Yeah. One day I was making chocolate chip cookies and I couldn't reach the sugar in the top cabinet, but Coldplay came and gave me a boost.

If it weren't for Coldplay, I would have never been able to enjoy those chocolate chip cookies that day.

I recently saw a couple of comments on Coldplay videos on YouTube. One said, "What is it about Coldplay that makes me so unbelievably happy?" Another comment by a different user went into detail about how she and her friend danced around the campfire to Coldplay songs, then stated at the end "This is why Coldplay is LIFE!" I couldn't have said it better than these people. Coldplay is LIFE.

Their music surpasses anything I've ever heard before. Chris, Guy, Will, and Jonny are all awesome people...the kind of people you want to be friends with and hang out with all the time. Their music has provided me with inspiration in almost every aspect of my life, and it has helped to lift my spirits through everyday low points. Something about their music makes me happy...like a kind of in-your-soul happy...joy. I think a lot of people will agree with me when I say it again: Coldplay is LIFE!

You know what... go ahead and mock and rake me over the coals for this one

I dont care

this is how I feel:

Coldplay brought me literally all the joy in my life one way or another

and their music brought me to my best friend

everything good that happens to me seems to be directly connected to their music some how ...like synchronicity.

its my source of strength, i draw from it when i feel like giving up

they calm me down or make me happy or stop me from crying or make me feel like dancing with just the right song

i have never found another band that seems to have a song for every different emotion of life

and for each and every one the lyrics speak for it perfectly.

and i know it sounds crazy but i swear when im freezing and shivering so hard im chipping my teeth... when i press play and hear those opening chrords to Fix You .. I feel warmer.

i swear their like nothing else

for some reason, it keeps me fighting and not giving up no matter how bad it is

i dont know why ...but they just... illuminate everything perfectly

i owe them so much <3

Something about their music makes me happy...like a kind of in-your-soul happy...joy. I think a lot of people will agree with me when I say it again: Coldplay is LIFE!

Amen.

its my source of strength, i draw from it when i feel like giving up

they calm me down or make me happy or stop me from crying or make me feel like dancing with just the right song

i have never found another band that seems to have a song for every different emotion of life

and for each and every one the lyrics speak for it perfectly.

for some reason, it keeps me fighting and not giving up no matter how bad it is

i dont know why ...but they just... illuminate everything perfectly

i owe them so much <3

Beautiful. :heart:

I truly agree.

It annoys me when people describe Coldplay as 'depressing' because they clearly haven't understood the messages behind the lyrics.

Fix you thats a song about hope and love, it gives me strength.

I agree.

aaaaahmmm...

they help me wake up in the morning and the calm me down at night for a good night sleep. :D

they make me feel okay and happy when i'm a little down and/or pissed off. :heart:

oh, and i learned about Arcade Fire from them. so yeah, that. :lol:

well, the very first song i ever heard by them was clocks, but it was like the end of it, just the "home, home where i wanted to go." this was back in '03 when i was 9. i also heard the scientist on the tv for a commercial for a children's hospital, but it wasn't until 2008 that i knew it was the scientist. i just remembered the "nobody said it was easy" part, & i had no idea who sang it or what the song was called. anyways, when i was younger my brother used to be really abusive & would beat about everyday, & as i was in my room i would just lay in my bed crying my eyes out, & all i could ever think was "home, home where i wanted to go" & "nobody said it was easy, it's such a shame for us to part. nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard." they were always there for me & i love them for helping me stay so strong. anyways, my brother & i are very close now & thank God he stopped hitting a couple years ago.

i started getting reeeeaaaallly into coldplay in about august/september 2008. this was my sophomore year of high school. before this year, i was so used to always getting straight a's & being number one in my class, but this year was just so hard for me. it was the first year i took an AP class, & my grades were just not as good as they usually were. i fell completely in love w/ coldplay on september 7, 2008 when i heard violet hill for the first time on one tree hill. but it was on october 25 when i was balling my eyes out & feeling like such a failure from my slipping grades & i was just begging God for a sign that things will get better, & i will be able to focus more & school would get easier. for some reason i decided to put it on saturday night live right after madTV (something i usually never did) & less than 2 minutes after i was begging God for my sign, i hear seth meyers say, "ladies & gentlemen, again, coldplay." i wiped my eyes & heard lost for the very first time. i just cried more b/c this was the sign from God i was begging him for. especially "You might be a big fish in a little pond, doesn't mean you've won, cause along may come, a bigger one." coldplay literally is my sign & gift from God. this really is why i love them the way i do

well, the very first song i ever heard by them was clocks, but it was like the end of it, just the "home, home where i wanted to go." this was back in '03 when i was 9. i also heard the scientist on the tv for a commercial for a children's hospital, but it wasn't until 2008 that i knew it was the scientist. i just remembered the "nobody said it was easy" part, & i had no idea who sang it or what the song was called. anyways, when i was younger my brother used to be really abusive & would beat about everyday, & as i was in my room i would just lay in my bed crying my eyes out, & all i could ever think was "home, home where i wanted to go" & "nobody said it was easy, it's such a shame for us to part. nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard." they were always there for me & i love them for helping me stay so strong. anyways, my brother & i are very close now & thank God he stopped hitting a couple years ago.

i relate sooo much! my mom was like that.... except for 18 years she never stopped and it got to where i was running out the house at night or whenever she flew off the handle to escape

before i had my ipod, i kept one of those portable cd players in this old shed that was a few blocks away

it would be 37 degrees.. 3 am in the middle of January and id be out there freezing and hysterical and crying with bruises and scratches and... then id put on Fix You.. i felt warmer and safe and actually fall asleep <3