✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Join Jay-Z For New Year's Gig 2010 (CONFIRMED!)

I'm gonna say it now, this concert isn't going to be anything related to LP5, IF they play anything new, it will be Wedding Bells, cause Chris has already kinda went public with it.

NONE of the invites on the guest list are gonna want to sit thru new material, when they are drunk, and whooping it up, they will want to party to familiar songs.:thinking:

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they did more private gigs than public their fanbase would be dwindling and we would have :srs:

EDIT

you saw them at shorline too? same here! aaahhh best day of my life so far, bar none,

no bars

I know, but I was just saying that's it's okay for them to do them once in a while :D I wouldn't want that to ever happen! And knowing Coldplay, I'm sure it won't.

Yeah, that day was awesome! I traveled nonstop on the road that week :D Best week of my life!

I don't understand why nobody likes this idea? This, band does not owe us anything, yes we are fans, they can't possibly cater to our every needs. They as a band are doing this show, and maybe others down the road, I support them as Coldplay, my favorite band, and if this is what they do, so be it.:cool: "Don't hate on me, this is just my opinion." Your entitled to yours and I respect that as well.

I AGREE 100% - dang people, what makes you think we got the right to tell them who to hang out with and make music with, and what to do on New Year's Eve??!! All you Jay-Z haters, listen closer, he has GREAT messages, performs with real musicians tastefully dressed onstage, not your typical skanky rapper - geez! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
I AGREE 100% - dang people, what makes you think we got the right to tell them who to hang out with and make music with, and what to do on New Year's Eve??!! All you Jay-Z haters, listen closer, he has GREAT messages, performs with real musicians tastefully dressed onstage, not your typical skanky rapper - geez! :rolleyes:

I think part of the problem is that this gig is exclusively private, but then the resort putting on the show is saying 'well you can watch it outside on a big screen'. So there is a public teasing, but also a firm you can't get in. Plebs can stand outside and watch a screen, but the elite can see it up close and personal.

I think that is the only questionable element for many, because Coldplay have played lots of private corporate gigs-I saw Chris Martin play 5 songs at one. For the most part most of us never hear about these things, but they are an essential part of a artists life-they have to please record companies, sponsors, radio/tv. It is part of the corporate culture. EMI is owned by Terra Firma Capital and many of EMI's artists play private gigs for Terra Firma.

you mustve skipped over track four.

Funny, cause that's my favourite song :lol:

I don't know if you guys know about the Jay-Z book comp but If you dont know, I'll shed some light.

Jay-Z's realeasing a new book called decoded and you gotta use bing to uncover clues, to then finally work out something about the book. :P

Why is this information important? Because the winner, get tickets to that New Years Eve show.

Would anyone enter?

I can't.

1. I don't know the first thing about Jay-Z except he raps, and he's friends with Chris and they did like 3 songs together.

2. I don't have a passport and chances are I'm too young :)

• 4 weeks later...

I live in Vegas, this gig is true. I wish I could attend... however, there will be a 65 foot screen in front of the hotel showing the concert. I am really thinking of going down there to see the concert on the screen, although I know that the strip is going to be crazy packed.

I live in Vegas, this gig is true. I wish I could attend... however, there will be a 65 foot screen in front of the hotel showing the concert. I am really thinking of going down there to see the concert on the screen, although I know that the strip is going to be crazy packed.

I intend on doing this. :) Like you said since it'll be packed I'll have to get there early. I just have to find someone in my family to at least drop me off. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i dunno if its been confirmed by official sources yet BUT!!

from jay z official facebook page and decoded site: DECODED Clue: Jay got Lost+ with these English alt-rockers. Head to the city where you'll find them this New Years.

http://www.facebook.com/JayZ

http://bing.decodejay-z.com/home/map?GoToPage=48&fbid=5U49F6TPMHC&wom=false

Thanks for the link !