✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Join Jay-Z For New Year's Gig 2010 (CONFIRMED!)

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

story_half_width.jpg

See Jay-Z And Coldplay In Las Vegas For Charity

Charitybuzz.com has the chance for two lucky fans to ring in the new decade at the most in-demand New Year’s Eve concert of the year – Viva La Hova!

The charity auction site is currently featuring tickets to the invitation-only, intimate concert headlined by Jay-Z and Coldplay at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas on December 31st – all to benefit a great cause.

With a combination of 16 albums, 90 awards and over 230 award nominations between Jay-Z and Coldplay, this is sure to be the show of a lifetime. The two A-list artists are slated to each play an individual set, in addition to a joint performance, for the collaboration for the decade.

The VIP tickets are part of the ultimate New Year’s Eve package being auctioned on charitybuzz to benefit The Grammy Foundation. The package also includes a three night stay in a studio at the Cosmopolitan, two tickets to the Marquee Nightclub and Dayclub New Year’s Eve preview party, a New Year’s Eve dinner for two and a New Year’s Day brunch for two.

Bidding is open through Thursday, December 23, here. The Grammy Foundation works in partnership year-round with The Recording Academy to bring national attention to important issues such as the value and impact of music and arts education and the urgency of preserving our rich cultural heritage.

Read more: http://www.looktothestars.org/news/5526-see-jay-z-and-coldplay-in-las-vegas-for-charity#ixzz18O5P3876

Like I said in the other thread, this best be a rumour. Otherwise I don't know what they're playing at.

Playing private gigs for rich people to make themselves richer....not good.

As it's a fund raiser for charities then it's pretty cool they're doing this. Lots of fundraising events take place in the US for alltrusitic reasons with rich people (I remember Stehpen Fry being guest speaker at one in Texas for example). The US has quite a strong tradition of the very wealthy doing a lot for charity with events such as this, which we don't have on anywhere near the same scale in the UK.

If I now booked flights to Las Vegas, I'd probably have no luck getting tickets as I would have had with the Newcastle show... And it'd be even more expensive... Couldn't I just win a pair of tickets including flights and accomodation? :D

Like I said in the other thread, this best be a rumour. Otherwise I don't know what they're playing at.

Playing private gigs for rich people to make themselves richer....not good.

This is not a rumor. Sadly enough, it has been all over the news here in L.A.....Private party only......

If I now booked flights to Las Vegas, I'd probably have no luck getting tickets as I would have had with the Newcastle show... And it'd be even more expensive... Couldn't I just win a pair of tickets including flights and accomodation? :D

You can't buy tickets. SUCKS!!!:veryangry2:

Gwyneth Paltrow 'to sing at New Year'

gwyneth_paltrow_994695967.jpg

Gwyneth Paltrow 'to sing at New Year'

Gwyneth Paltrow is reportedly set to join her husband Chris Martin on stage for a lavish New Year’s Eve party.

The actress has been showing off her vocal skills recently after playing a singer in new movie Country Strong and has revealed she would consider releasing an album. Gwyneth’s spouse Chris is the frontman of British alternative rock group Coldplay, who have recently been working on their new album.

It has been claimed Gwyneth and Coldplay will perform at the launch of new hotel The Cosmopolitan, in Las Vegas, on December 31, and could be paid up to $1 million each.

"To my knowledge, this is the biggest spend on New Year's Eve - $25 million over the weekend for 4,000 guests," Andrew Fox, CEO of newyearseve.com, which sells event tickets, told New York Post.

It appears Gwyneth and Coldplay won’t be the only high-profile acts on the bill. Hip-hop star Jay-Z and his wife Beyoncé Knowles – who are close friends with Gwyneth and Chris – are also rumoured to be performing at the extravagant opening.

However, a spokesperson for the hotel insists the acts are yet to be announced and has denied the concert is set to break records. "Gwyneth and Beyoncé are not confirmed for any kind of performance at this point. It would be incorrect to use the number $25 million," The Cosmopolitan representative added.

http://www.musicrooms.net/showbiz/22495-gwyneth-paltrow-to-sing-at-new-year.html

I was wondering...is it official that they will be showing the concert outside the hotel on a big screen? And at what time? Cause I don't just want to show up to find nothing. Any information on these things will be appreciated. Thanks you. :)
The gig is not even confirmed on the official site yet but LA Times says this:
Rock and rap collide on New Year’s Eve at the swanky new Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, when music heavyweights Jay-Z and Coldplay share the stage at the brand-new resort. Each act will also play solo sets, with performances broadcast on the hotel’s 65-foot marquee overlooking the Strip.

http://www.latimes.com/shopping/vegas/la-mkt-vegas-newyearsevesurvivalguide-12022010,0,4257653.story

Don't know whether that helps or not!

On E News some guy was like oh I'm going to the jayz and coldplay show in Vegas and gwyneth was like iguess ill see you there...its official!

She'll be there, the part about her singing..... I just don't see it.... Unless, Chris departs the stage:D, Who knows she might come out with JayZ:thinking: or when Coldplay and JayZ hit the stage at the end to ring in the New Years sing

Auld Lang Syne, she might join them, but she'll stand on the opposite end of Chris:lol:

Coldplay planning New Year's Eve concert in Las Vegas with Jay-Z

Coldplay and Jay-Z have reportedly agreed a multi-million dollar deal to play a concert together on New Year's Eve (31.12.10), at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas resort to see in 2011.

The event is being organised by celebrity party planner Colin Cowie and will be invite only with no tickets being put on general sale to the public. The show will see Jay Z and Chris Martin’s Coldplay perform separately and then together in a mash-up performance.

Guests will be treated to separate sets from Coldplay and Jay-Z before the two acts take to the stage together. Beyonce Knowles is also said to be planning to perform in Las Vegas on the same night so she can be with her husband to celebrate the landmark date.

A source told the New York Post newspaper: "Organizers have spent millions securing the acts. The word is that Beyonce is now looking for a Vegas New Year's gig so she will be in town with Jay."

Jay-Z and Coldplay have collaborated before on the track 'Lost +' which featured on the band's EP 'Prospekt's March'. The two acts performed the track together at the 2009 Grammy Awards and have toured together.

Chris and Jay-Z are also good friends with the rap star recently revealing the 'Yellow' singer's children, Apple and Moses, call him "Uncle Jay".

great news

wow I am also big fan of Coldplay team and concert, I 'll be there btw concert.

-------------------------------------

:laugh3::):D:lol:

Guest howyousawtheworld

Money, money, money. But Chris's pal Jay Z is there so it's ok I guess.

FFS if Jay Z jumped off a cliff would Chris Martin follow him? Don't get me wrong I love the guy but what's the obsession with Jay Z? It really stinks of the sort of Hollywood sewage we get in celeb magazines.

Count me out.

Money, money, money. But Chris's pal Jay Z is there so it's ok I guess.

FFS if Jay Z jumped off a cliff would Chris Martin follow him? Don't get me wrong I love the guy but what's the obsession with Jay Z? It really stinks of the sort of Hollywood sewage we get in celeb magazines.

Count me out.

+11111111111111111111111111

i dont understand the Jay Z obsession either but they will get loads of money for it:shrug:

Gwyneth Paltrow won't perform with Coldplay in Las Vegas

Gwyneth Paltrow has rubbished rumours suggesting she would perform with Coldplay at a lavish New Year's Eve event in Las Vegas.

Related Tags:Gwyneth PaltrowChris MartinLas Vegascoldplayhotel

The Oscar-winning actress's husband Chris Martin and his band are reputed to have been paid $1 million to play at the Cosmopolitan hotel's end of year celebrations.

800312428_14001683-596x362-1293212837396_304x185_inline.jpg

Gwyneth Paltrow won't be duetting with Chris Martin (PA)

A report in a US newspaper suggested the luxury hotel's guests may be treated to an added bonus in the form of an appearance onstage by Gwyneth.

However, her spokesman has now said: 'There's absolutely no truth (to the rumour).'

Gwyneth has made a move into the music world during 2010, recording tracks with the cast of Glee and for the soundtrack album of her movie Country Strong.

Fans who had hoped to get a rare glimpse of Gwyneth and Chris performing together will be disappointed, although the rest of the Cosmopolitan's bill should more than compensate for that.

Jay-Z is scheduled to play a solo set and then perform alongside Coldplay in front of 2,500 guests at the New Year's Eve party, which is rumoured to be costing the hotel $25 million to stage.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/music/851395-gwyneth-paltrow-wont-perform-with-coldplay-in-las-vegas#ixzz19FuNWT8l