✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Join Jay-Z For New Year's Gig 2010 (CONFIRMED!)

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem with this show at all. They can do as they want, whenever they want, I still regard them as my favorite band, buy their music and spend my money on concerts. I don't feel like they are betraying me at all, or that they are "selling out", there could also be a hundred different reasons they are doing this show, like

1. They enjoy what they do and it's an opportunity to ring in the new year with friends, family, and let loose, plus get exposure, and make some money while doing it. I see nothing wrong with it.:kiss:

and

I agree too. So what if they do it and even if it's for some money. They give their fans so much for free like CD's after concerts, they do charity gigs, put lots of stuff on their website for fans like Christmas messages, not to mention all the amazing charity stuff they do and never make a public fuss about. Let them have fun doing a gig with friends and make some money. Who knows, some of that money might be funding something important like their studio or the next freebie for us. And if it's not and just going into their pockets for their families then good for them too.

Totally agree!

cant be arsed to read through whole thread, but Im going to ask the Oracle if tickets will be available to us peasants......

So you didn't even read the "invite only" part of the first post? :thinking:

^thats true, muse are close to their fans but in concerts they dont do banter, coz no1 understands wht Matt Bellamy is ever saying, whereas coldplay make you feel close to them in concerts but they have no contact with fans outside the venue.

but not every1 can go to their concerts so i guess muse win,they are regular guys for their fans and coldplay on the other hand have become god like to us fans.:rolleyes:

Cater to our every needs?

they arent cating to ANYONES needs... its fucking private.

How woefully elitist.

I mean i still love them but fuck its like its getting worse and worse.

As a band they "Cater" to the Fans a great deal, with a great website, roadie updates, behind the scene footage, they try and make their fans apart of them as best they can, so compared to other bands I feel "Catered" to. Vegas is private, but people on the street can see it on the Jumbo Tron, Honestly Who cares.:dozey:

^Hello...yes I did...but SURELY they will make some tickets available to their fans.....they always are so good to us....:cry:

Well, I guess all the Celebrities, "invites" have to go somewhere on New Years Eve to get away for one big party without Fans interacting with them:P I have been to Vegas on NYE and this is a huge night, almost all the Hotels and clubs have private partys going on, oh and I googled the hotel and I didn't think it was so special, "The Rooms" and the 30th, 31st, and 1st are completly sold-out.

As a band they "Cater" to the Fans a great deal, with a great website, roadie updates, behind the scene footage, they try and make their fans apart of them as best they can, so compared to other bands I feel "Catered" to. Vegas is private, but people on the street can see it on the Jumbo Tron, Honestly Who cares.:dozey:

I care.

And well duh every band has to cater to their fans at least some or they wont have any!

False.

And they dont do christmas messages anymore

Muse has them beat when it comes to interaction.

WHAT! No Christmas messages anymore! Well screw them - they should never earn a penny from now on. That's it. I hate them. Selfish people! :P

Seriously though, they give 10% of their earning to charity and have done since the beginning even before they started earning millions. They do charity gigs and not that long ago they donated £1 million to Kids Company to help underrprivilaged kids. After all that surely we can't begrudge them doing a one-off gig for cash, whatever they want to spend it on. Chances are 10% of the money earned from that gig will benefit their charities so good for them if the bank the rest of it. I can't begrudge a band that does so much good with their money.

As for Muse, it's great they do lots for their fans too, but it's not a competition! :)

I know its not a competition

but seeing how good the musers have it makes me yern for greener grass on thins side of the fence.

But now since those stupid dolls are gone maybe theyre make a vid this holiday season ... like the good old days.

thats right... i didnt like those LIT Dolls and Im saying it.

I know its not a competition

but seeing how good the musers have it makes me yern for greener grass on thins side of the fence.

But now since those stupid dolls are gone maybe theyre make a vid this holiday season ... like the good old days.

thats right... i didnt like those LIT Dolls and Im saying it.

Neither did I, tbh. I have no time for "gimmicks". Even the uniforms went a bit far IMO.;)