✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Join Jay-Z For New Year's Gig 2010 (CONFIRMED!)

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know

hearing Chris say their going to try for a more stripped down less commercial album was MUSIC to my ears! (Sorry Mark, no pun intended)

As you know, I love puns, so no need to apologise.:P

I wish theyde play somewhere small. Doesnt matter where it is I would go.

I totally agree. In general, stadium concerts are inferior.;)

I'd rather see them get back to basics and ditch all the "razzmatazz" which definitely became a feature on the last tour.

The "butterflies" and yellow balls can stay, though!:cool:

haha i was about to say "razzmatazz....wait NO keep the confetti!"

then i scrolled

they should add a swing rope too!

halfway through the set Chris can grab a rope and swing out over the crowd and to the c stage :P

oh and a mud pit! i want a mud pit!

and a slip and slide starting from the lawn and going down to the pit.

YES!

End of day, most bands play corporate gigs and this is not Coldplays first. Usually you never hear about it. It is a way, to secure extra income for a few hours work. Let me assure you as someone who has been to several of these corporate gigs, they are pretty dull affairs where mostly everyone sits and politely claps. You aren't missing much. If you could attend, you will stood with 30-something bankers and high rollers you will be more concerned with checking their blackberries and iphones.

BTW For those slagging off playing Vegas, it is pretty lame. Some of us live here and have normal lives, in a varied multi-cultural city with some of the most diverse natural landscape anywhere in the world. It is not all about the Strip! Those early comments were pretty ignorant and prejudiced.

Besides every time Chris has played Vegas, he always like to joke that in 10 years he will be headline at the local cabaret and hopes we will still come along.

what are you suggesting lol.....

i could stand on your shoulders and wear a big trenchcoat and we could both get in under one ticket?

besides, your in mississippi... im in california i have home turf advantage

You do have home turf. Luckily ebay is free reign :P I'm suggesting if there are 2 tickets we split it evenly!

And don't worry about being in Mississippi... we have airports :laugh3:

End of day, most bands play corporate gigs and this is not Coldplays first. Usually you never hear about it. It is a way, to secure extra income for a few hours work. Let me assure you as someone who has been to several of these corporate gigs, they are pretty dull affairs where mostly everyone sits and politely claps. You aren't missing much. If you could attend, you will stood with 30-something bankers and high rollers you will be more concerned with checking their blackberries and iphones.

So does this mean you could get us tickets? :thumbsup:

Cater to our every needs?

they arent cating to ANYONES needs... its fucking private.

How woefully elitist.

I mean i still love them but fuck its like its getting worse and worse.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing for them to do a private gig, they have enough public gigs with touring/tv shows/award shows and etc. Yeah this gig might be a private gig for those who have money/record exec people and etc....but hey at least they do WAY more public gigs than private gigs.

haha i was about to say "razzmatazz....wait NO keep the confetti!"

then i scrolled

they should add a swing rope too!

halfway through the set Chris can grab a rope and swing out over the crowd and to the c stage :P

oh and a mud pit! i want a mud pit!

and a slip and slide starting from the lawn and going down to the pit.

YES!

I dread to think what would happen to Chris if he ended up in the mud pit!:stunned::shocked2::stunned:

Well, I guess all the Celebrities, "invites" have to go somewhere on New Years Eve to get away for one big party without Fans interacting with them:P I have been to Vegas on NYE and this is a huge night, almost all the Hotels and clubs have private partys going on, oh and I googled the hotel and I didn't think it was so special, "The Rooms" and the 30th, 31st, and 1st are completly sold-out.

My mother in law lives in Las Vegas, so I wouldn't even need a room - but, sigh, I'll be in Hawaii for this years NYE. Yeah, I know, poor me... :laugh3: Aloha

So does this mean you could get us tickets? :thumbsup:

There are not any tickets. It is a guest list, so no chance of seeing tickets on ebay or craigslist. It is an invite event-if your name isn't on the list then you aren't getting in. And booking a room will not get you in-the Cosmopolitan was already sold out because it is fully booked for the corporate event. So don't get sucked in to a ticket-scam folks.

Did they auction off the mud separately?:P

Unfortunately no, if I remember correctly the description of that lot said they still stunk. So that would be stench from 1) storage, and 2) mud. Eeew. I don't even want to think about that stench, and it's not like you'd want to clean it off since that would be part of the "nostalgia" (or something like that). I imagine it would smell worse than 10-year old Guinness.

I can't imagine it would be too exciting. This certainly doesn't sound like Coldplay, but who knows, they haven't been out to play in a while and maybe need a little warm-up to get things rolling on LP5. Means the band is alive and well. Only a matter of time before they are back out taking over the world.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing for them to do a private gig, they have enough public gigs with touring/tv shows/award shows and etc. Yeah this gig might be a private gig for those who have money/record exec people and etc....but hey at least they do WAY more public gigs than private gigs.

If they did more private gigs than public their fanbase would be dwindling and we would have :srs:

EDIT

you saw them at shorline too? same here! aaahhh best day of my life so far, bar none,

no bars

Gosh, I hope this doesn't become an often thing.

I don't LP5 to be like X&Y. Don't get me wrong, X&Y is great, but it doesn't have as much emotion as the other albums.

you mustve skipped over track four.

Xand Y was fantastic IMO.

2nd to least popular but my personal fav.