✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Join Jay-Z For New Year's Gig 2010 (CONFIRMED!)

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be 6 months pregnant at that time, so I won't probably won't be able to fly across the country at that time anyway... but it totally sucks it's not open to the public. I seriously hope they come out and announce they're giving their money from this to charity or something...

^A birthday party for the sultan of Brunei is what's next, if this is true. I don't like jz's music, but I like that Chris is not a snob and all, however, this friendship is getting out of hand and the rest of the band should go on strike to prevent this from happening.:lol:

Guest howyousawtheworld

This seriously cannot go ahead. Private? PRIVATE? If Coldplay have any ambitions to be the best band of our generation they've got to be a band for the people. Not for the few.

I don't understand why nobody likes this idea? This, band does not owe us anything, yes we are fans, they can't possibly cater to our every needs. They as a band are doing this show, and maybe others down the road, I support them as Coldplay, my favorite band, and if this is what they do, so be it.:cool: "Don't hate on me, this is just my opinion." Your entitled to yours and I respect that as well.

Wait- just look at the ridiculous amounts they have done/given for charity, just in the last year alone !

If they want to make bank on one evening to help support the wife and kids, let them have it. I don`t think it means they will soon be on your boxes of Post Toasties or singing jingles on TV adverts anytime soon. :dozey:

I don't have a problem with this show at all. They can do as they want, whenever they want, I still regard them as my favorite band, buy their music and spend my money on concerts. I don't feel like they are betraying me at all, or that they are "selling out", there could also be a hundred different reasons they are doing this show, like

1. They enjoy what they do and it's an opportunity to ring in the new year with friends, family, and let loose, plus get exposure, and make some money while doing it. I see nothing wrong with it.:kiss:

I don't understand why nobody likes this idea? This, band does not owe us anything, yes we are fans, they can't possibly cater to our every needs. They as a band are doing this show, and maybe others down the road, I support them as Coldplay, my favorite band, and if this is what they do, so be it.:cool: "Don't hate on me, this is just my opinion." Your entitled to yours and I respect that as well.

Cater to our every needs?

they arent cating to ANYONES needs... its fucking private.

How woefully elitist.

I mean i still love them but fuck its like its getting worse and worse.

I don't have a problem with this show at all. They can do as they want, whenever they want, I still regard them as my favorite band, buy their music and spend my money on concerts. I don't feel like they are betraying me at all, or that they are "selling out", there could also be a hundred different reasons they are doing this show, like

1. They enjoy what they do and it's an opportunity to ring in the new year with friends, family, and let loose, plus get exposure, and make some money while doing it. I see nothing wrong with it.:kiss:

i agree with this. :wacko:

plus, i feel like they probably won't be making as much money from it as people think. :P

there is no #2

...moot post :laugh3:

i just saw another article about this and it says that Chris Martin is performing,not Coldplay..

(AllHipHop News) Jay-Z has inked a deal worth millions of dollars, to perform at a swanky bash to celebrate the opening of the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas on New Years Eve.

The New York Post reports that lavish party is being planned by party planner Colin Cowie, who has also booked Coldplay's Chris Martin to perform at the invite-only event.

Jay-Z will deliver his own set, as will Chris Martin. The pair will then take to the stage together to thrill the guests with mashup performance of their best known hits.

According to the Post, Jay-Z's wife Beyonce is also in the process of securing a performance in Las Vegas on New Years Eve, so the married couple can celebrate the holiday together.

I agree too. So what if they do it and even if it's for some money. They give their fans so much for free like CD's after concerts, they do charity gigs, put lots of stuff on their website for fans like Christmas messages, not to mention all the amazing charity stuff they do and never make a public fuss about. Let them have fun doing a gig with friends and make some money. Who knows, some of that money might be funding something important like their studio or the next freebie for us. And if it's not and just going into their pockets for their families then good for them too.