✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How Important Is Album Artwork?

Technicolor Liver

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the music is good and I know the band, the album artwork doesn't matter too much to me. But if I don't know the band, the album artwork is what catches my eye and makes me want to listen to them.

That's what happened to me with Muse, I had heard the name before but when I saw The Resistance's album artwork I loved all the pretty colors. :wideeyed: :heart:

I think that artwork is important. I feel that it often can help to set the mood of an album, and I really enjoy looking at the artwork when listening to an album, or opening an album for the first time. Of course it's about the music most of all, but I still think it's fairly important.

It doesn't really matter, since a lot of the time when I first download a new album I don't know what the cover looks like. But when I'm in the shop, sure, cover art probably has some sort of subconcious effect on whether I want to buy the album or not.

When you think about it, you often directly associate the album cover with the music that you are hearing. Especially when its a band you never heard of and you've never seen the band themselves, its the only real image that you have to associate with the music you are hearing. Example, based on the cover what are you more likely to listen to, RPA and the united nations of sound (which for the record is absolutely terrible) or in rainbows?

When you think about it, you often directly associate the album cover with the music that you are hearing. Especially when its a band you never heard of and you've never seen the band themselves, its the only real image that you have to associate with the music you are hearing. Example, based on the cover what are you more likely to listen to, RPA and the united nations of sound (which for the record is absolutely terrible) or in rainbows?

pretty much this.