✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Take That

deaths_friend

maybe his stage fright comes when he's performing on his own, even though all eyes will be on him it might be better this time around?

That's exactly what it is. When he's up there on his own it's all on him. Now he's got his 4 mates with him he'll be absolutely fine.

I'm a huge TT fan so I was trying for tickets last Friday, i've never seen anything like that before when trying to get tickets. However, I have mine so I'm happy and so excited for the tour :D:D:D

Anyway hope you see my point. Take That are successful and their ticket sales are record breaking, whether you like it or not.

is that directed at me? cos im kind of the one saying how amazing their sales have been while others are arguing that it's been done plenty of times before...soo.....

Can someone please tell me why this band is so popular? I mean that honestly. I have never heard of them, and when I look on YouTube, they look like the Backstreet Boys. I'm not judging because I'm not equipped to do so. I am more curious about the appeal. The music wasn't to my taste when I listened, but a lot of people must like this group because that's a freaking load of tickets they sold.

Personally for me, I liked then when I was young back in the 90's. I liked the music and I had the posters all over my wall etc. They're pretty down to earth guys, always come off as being nice etc in interviews and they're funny too. I guess their music has a mass appeal which is why they sell so much.

They were huge back in the 90's though, always on TV and in magazines like Smash Hits, they worked hard and it paid off. When they came back it seemed that a lot of their old fanbase was still there and they've gained a lot of new fans too.

Can someone please tell me why this band is so popular? I mean that honestly. I have never heard of them, and when I look on YouTube, they look like the Backstreet Boys. I'm not judging because I'm not equipped to do so. I am more curious about the appeal. The music wasn't to my taste when I listened, but a lot of people must like this group because that's a freaking load of tickets they sold.

Take That have managed to totally re-market and reconstruct themselves with a more mature "sound", and have therefore attracted even more fans than before, unlike the Backdoor Boys, who are still as "manufactured" as they ever were.

Furthermore, whether you like Gary Barlow or not, he's a talented songwriter. Without him, Take That would have disappeared without trace years ago.;)

^^^ :D Niceeeee

I think that Take That were doing amazing as a foursome, I don't really see a need for Robbie to come back.

mc_squared, I agree, Gary seems to be a very talented guy when it comes to songwriting, he deserves to be making music and being recognised for it by alot of people. Well done to him.

Guest howyousawtheworld
OI , wait a sec.

If Oasis would of given everyone a ticket at Knebworth they could've played 53 nights !

BEAT THAT , TAKE THAT !

Yeah, that was probably the last big gig in which everyone wet their pants about. Was it around 3 million applications for tickets or something?

Oh and even I'll admit - Gary Barlow has a knack for songwriting.

Yeah, that was probably the last big gig in which everyone wet their pants about. Was it around 3 million applications for tickets or something?

led zep and michael jackson produced similar hype in the last couple of years.

reeeliiiight my fiiiire - youuur love is my oonly desiiiiire - reeliight my fiiiire - 'cause i neeeeeeeeeeed your love!! *does a little dance*

You could be there!:D

^^^ :D Niceeeee

I think that Take That were doing amazing as a foursome, I don't really see a need for Robbie to come back. .

True. They didn't need him, but it's great to see they've all made up.;)

mc_squared, I agree, Gary seems to be a very talented guy when it comes to songwriting, he deserves to be making music and being recognised for it by alot of people. Well done to him.

Yes. He has written some great pop songs, beginning with "Back For Good".:D

I couldn't stand TT in their "boy band" days, but that was the one thing that shone through.

True. Led Zep would have had no problem selling out countless stadium dates, because they had been away so long, and their fanbase.

Wacko Jacko had been planning to do 50 nights at Wembley.

The difference is, Take That have significant new material to work with. They're not just relying on nostalgia.;)

Yea, it is nice for original fans from like the 90's to see them all back together as a five piece, to see that original line up again. Robbie just annoys me sometimes, that is all :lol:

I thought about buying tickets, but I was not really dedicated enough to sit there and wait for hours to get them haha. I really like them, but I'm not so into them that I have to see them no matter what.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Yeah but I don't think Led Zep pulled it off that well. And as for Michael Jackson....

Yea, it is nice for original fans from like the 90's to see them all back together as a five piece, to see that original line up again.

Yeah I was a fan in the 90's, never got to see them live. So this to me is like a dream come true :embarrassed::lol: As for the whole Robbie issue, no they don't need him back and he doesn't need them either but it's not about that.

I'm also really interested to see the documentary that's airing on Saturday. Should give a little more insight into how things have been for them the last year or so before they had announced their reunion to the public!

Yeah I was a fan in the 90's, never got to see them live. So this to me is like a dream come true :embarrassed::lol: As for the whole Robbie issue, no they don't need him back and he doesn't need them either but it's not about that.

I'm also really interested to see the documentary that's airing on Saturday. Should give a little more insight into how things have been for them the last year or so before they had announced their reunion to the public!

This is very true, they don't need him, he doesnt need them, hmm, well, at least it makes the reunion seem more genuine and based on friendship and working together musically than any other money based motives.

Aww, thats great! :D I shall be watching this documentary too, very interested to see how it all panned out. They are also performing on the x factor on sunday :D

• 2 years later...

Take That’s Gary Barlow announces solo comeback

Gary Barlow is to have another crack at solo music stardom after announcing he will release his first new material in more than a decade.

The 42-year-old hinted his own music will be his primary focus and not Take That’s when he is expected to leave The X Factor at the end of this season.

He tweeted: ‘After 14 long years I’m proud to announce my new solo album out on November 25th! I’m excited for u to hear it! More info to follow #gbsolo’