✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arguments tend to provide less posts- is it true?

Reilly

Alexa that was one hell of a quick reply. I hadn't even typed out the poll, which didn't take long.

Oh and stop crying you idiot :thinking:

I was being sarcastic.

But I think it's true.

People would just leave a thread if a "fight" starts, saying "don't fight </3", "we don't need this shit!"

Arguments are good once in a while, it can't always be a happy place. It's unnatural.

I was being sarcastic.

But I think it's true.

People would just leave a thread if a "fight" starts, saying "don't fight </3", "we don't need this shit!"

Arguments are good once in a while, it can't always be a happy place. It's unnatural.

^what Alexa said.

Though I actually don't post that much in general...fight or no fight.

Can't say I post less then

When I feel I can contribute something in the argument I do it. I don't really mind if I get involved or not.

but if there are arguments going on which I just like lurking and there isn't something going on besides that (in other threads) because people post less because there are arguments going on then I post less too, because there is not much going on in general (this sentence is so fucked up)

so yeah I post less when there are arguments going on where I am not involved

to say something about it in general:

I think there are people around here who post less, because they might be "scared" of an argument. When they see there are people going around starting or provoking arguments they are careful. well, I get that impression.

Technically the poll's proof in itself, even if half of you post the exact same amount if there's fights or not, the other half don't, so in theory we definitely have less posts as a result of arguments.

Someone pointed out that people often leave/stop contributing to threads when a fight starts, but to be fair even when the forum is a 'warzone' as people put it, there's maybe 2 or 3 threads where arguments are happening, so I don't see why a few threads should make a difference. Once you see whats happening in them, you can see who's replying (mc_squared>Braddock>Viva_child>Reilly oooh I wonder whats happening in there) so you know not to bother with them if you don't care for arguing.

And again, the forum hasn't had much going for it lately so it's kinda hard to gauge how the latest arguments have affected it.

^I can see what you mean, the board sort of goes through a cycle. When I made this topic there had been nothing happening on the forum that day, but the next day I came on and there was quite a lot of posts, and today slightly less but still a lot.

But for a long while there was nothing happening, it's like the arguing may bring the posting down a bit but when it's done people want to post more.

I don't really agree with Mark, although it hasn't been an all out war there have been a good handful of disputes between several members in the past week or so, he just hasn't really been involved except for mainly posting a wink smiley in agreement with people here and there.

^I can see what you mean, the board sort of goes through a cycle. When I made this topic there had been nothing happening on the forum that day, but the next day I came on and there was quite a lot of posts, and today slightly less but still a lot.

But for a long while there was nothing happening, it's like the arguing may bring the posting down a bit but when it's done people want to post more.

I don't really agree with Mark, although it hasn't been an all out war there have been a good handful of disputes between several members in the past week or so, he just hasn't really been involved except for mainly posting a wink smiley in agreement with people here and there.

Yeah, there is a cycle.

Board is calm

Someone starts annoying members

Annoyed members start arguing back

Annoying member fights

Some other members step in and try to settle it a bit

Everyone calms down a bit

Annoying member does something that reaaaaally pisses everyone off

Board is chaotic

Something drastic happens and everyone calms down again

:thinking: