✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Muse or Coldplay, who's better live?

Lore

Guest howyousawtheworld
While I'm not a huge fan of U2 I do consider The Edge to have talent as a guitarist, and Bono does a good job as a frontman.

Were you saying U2 are the best band of the last 30 years or Coldplay?, if it's the former then that's your opinion and I will respect it even if it's not my own, if it's the latter, sorry but:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:.

Come on, you know which band I'm talking about. Who do you think are the greatest of the last 30?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
Do they still have to be going now?, or have been popular within the last 30 years?.

Any band from the last 30 years existing or non existant.

Can't really pick just one,

Radiohead- the combination of all of them I love thier music and they've gotten better with age.

Chili Peppers-Awesome guitar and bass chemistry,not too keen on thier frontman though admittidly.

Nirvana

Alice in Chains

Muse

The Smashing Pumpkins

Bit cheeky seeing as he comitted suicide 30 years ago but Joy Division.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Please - don't get me started on Radiohead. Can see the argument as best band of the 90s but nothing beyond that. Bends, OK Computer - brilliant but the rest from then on was just pretentious guff. Everyone says they were the most influential but we all know that really started with The Smiths with a brief interlude taken up by Britpop.

Apart from U2, The Police and The Smiths do it for me in the last 30 years.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I like The Smiths, I've got nothing against U2 even though I'm not personally a fan,it's obvious overall we have different tastes and were never going to agree so it's probably best to just leave it at that.

Best leave it at that indeed...before the Radiohead mob get uptight on me again.

just for the record when i said jonny,will and guy were "boring" i wasnt questioning their musical ability more so it was their stage presence, it's non-existant. honestly the 3 of them could catch on fire and nobody except a few guy-fangirls would take their eyes off chris martin. i think the best example of their dependence on chris was when he did the fix you run at sound relief in sydney. when they got to the end of the instrumental and chris was still stuck in the crowd instead of continuing with a variation of the melody or some sort of improvisation they just stood there and waited for chris to get back. compare that to muse where dom and chris do awesome jams on demand without matt leading them.

and anybody who questions chris martins talent has to take a listen to the viva la vida demos. it shows what an incredible songwriter he is.

Guest howyousawtheworld
just for the record when i said jonny,will and guy were "boring" i wasnt questioning their musical ability more so it was their stage presence, it's non-existant. honestly the 3 of them could catch on fire and nobody except a few guy-fangirls would take their eyes off chris martin. i think the best example of their dependence on chris was when he did the fix you run at sound relief in sydney. when they got to the end of the instrumental and chris was still stuck in the crowd instead of continuing with a variation of the melody or some sort of improvisation they just stood there and waited for chris to get back. compare that to muse where dom and chris do awesome jams on demand without matt leading them.

and anybody who questions chris martins talent has to take a listen to the viva la vida demos. it shows what an incredible songwriter he is.

I see your point. The other three don't get enough exposure but that's no fault of them but I'm sure they are comfortable with it. However I do as a Coldplay fan sense their presence on stage because Chris Martin doesn't forget about them. If Chris started performing his front man duties like Liam Gallagher who quite frankly doesn't give a shit about the band members around him because he just stands there idly (some say it's what makes him a great frontman, I don't say that) then it'd look bad for Guy, Jonny and Will.

On the Fix You Sound Relief performance I know what you're getting at but Fix You is such a delicate song that any jamming from the original ending would seem rather strange or inappropriate.

Please - don't get me started on Radiohead. Can see the argument as best band of the 90s but nothing beyond that. Bends, OK Computer - brilliant but the rest from then on was just pretentious guff. Everyone says they were the most influential but we all know that really started with The Smiths with a brief interlude taken up by Britpop.

Apart from U2, The Police and The Smiths do it for me in the last 30 years.

Meh, that's true. . . I really don't know too many 80-90's bands.

Kill me, but I've never heard of the Smiths. :P

I don't like radiohead and I've said it here and no one is like "OMG LORE YOU SUCK BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE THEM"

so I guess it's not a big deal if you don't like them :/

Some people have said my opinion didn't count because I liked Muse and not Radiohead. :|

I don't care if someone doesn't like a band, but I do like to know why. . . like I don't like Radiohead because some of their music is repetitive and Thom Yorke's voice can get whiny.

I see what you mean. . . although like howyousawtheworld said, you can't really improvise with Fix You, it's kind of set in stone. :P

But Jonny, Guy, and Will never really jam or anything, unlike Muse, who add jams throughout their whole gigs.

If Chris started performing his front man duties like Liam Gallagher who quite frankly doesn't give a shit about the band members around him because he just stands there idly (some say it's what makes him a great frontman, I don't say that) then it'd look bad for Guy, Jonny and Will.

i remember watching a doco on liam and they were talking about how Liam was a little reluctant to be a singer because it was a slightly "gay" thing to do, like real men didnt sing. so he modeled himself on a punk rock frontman from the 80s who took on this brutish brawler like attitude on stage. and thats exactly what liam is, he isnt charismatic or anything like that. his dont give a fuck attitude is who he is and it really wouldnt seem right if he was anything else.

he is still a great frontman but has nothing on chris martin.

and i agree with the people calling Matt bellamy pompous. when i go to see the band in a couple of weeks im going to stand in front of chris instead of matt. and if he doesnt play the piano intro to New Born he is going to cop a lot of shit from the sydney crowd. he got away with it when they were here in january cos everyone was very dehydrated and didnt care but if he just stands there straddling his mic stand instead of playing his piano we're really going to give it to him.

I see your point. The other three don't get enough exposure but that's no fault of them but I'm sure they are comfortable with it. However I do as a Coldplay fan sense their presence on stage because Chris Martin doesn't forget about them.

I think that's kinda the case for every bands (minus a few exception). General audience focus on the frontman and don't really give a shit about the others....Only dedicated fans pay attention to everyone on stage...

Kill me, but I've never heard of the Smiths. :P

Of course you do but you don't know it! I'm sure you've seen the TV show 'Charmed' at least once in your life?? Then you've heard the Smiths since the opening credits is one of their song. Small reminder...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3pVP9YJwXg]YouTube - How Soon is Now? - The Smiths[/ame]

See?!!! :P

and i agree with the people calling Matt bellamy pompous. when i go to see the band in a couple of weeks im going to stand in front of chris instead of matt. and if he doesnt play the piano intro to New Born he is going to cop a lot of shit from the sydney crowd. he got away with it when they were here in january cos everyone was very dehydrated and didnt care but if he just stands there straddling his mic stand instead of playing his piano we're really going to give it to him.

I wouldn't agree with him being pompous. . . but I still don't get why the hell he doesn't play the New Born piano himself. It's part of his job to play his part, and not give it to Morgan and then just stand there.

Of course you do but you don't know it! I'm sure you've seen the TV show 'Charmed' at least once in your life?? Then you've heard the Smiths since the opening credits is one of their song. Small reminder...

YouTube - How Soon is Now? - The Smiths

See?!!! :P

No. :uhoh2:

I think my friend used to watch that show, but I never actually saw it myself. :anxious:

No. :uhoh2:

I think my friend used to watch that show, but I never actually saw it myself. :anxious:

Ok, so maybe this one

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INgXzChwipY]YouTube - The Smiths - There is a light that never goes out[/ame]

i just had to post this here

and bands who have fans like muse fans really have to work hard

and so they just work harder to make concerts excellent

or their fans may start throwing bananas on stage:p

:laugh3: EXCELLENT :laugh3:

Guest howyousawtheworld
YouTube - The Smiths - There is a light that never goes out[/url]

:laugh3: EXCELLENT :laugh3:

Best song ever.

I feel evil... But I had to vote Muse.

I loved, loved, loved Coldplay live... It was my first concert and everything was just perfect and all. But, unfortunately, Muse's stage show just blows everything out of the water. Like they've just gone: 'We can do a stage show. But we can do it better than anyone else!'