✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying Christmas Project 2010?

Technicolor Liver

Haha, I pulled all-nighters while we worked on PFFA, not because of my work, but because I couldn't get off the project thread :lol: Jaffa cakes...

:awesome: miss that too!! Tha wait until the distribution was the best part I remember... :lol:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember I skipped class the day we knew the video would come out :lol:. That's a big deal for me to skip class: I seriously only do it for Coldplay-related things or emergencies.

And I remember spending a lot of time waiting for various emails from Debs...oh, memories :wacky:

Anyway, my point is that we started to plan this in October so we could have it done by Christmas, and in the end we had to extend it to January anyway for various reasons, so you can see how long it really does take.

I almost thanked her in person two years later this week for all that she did for us, but I didn't want to make it sound like I was trying to be all "LOOK AT ME, I'M ONE OF THE ONES THAT DID THAT PROJECT, REMEMBER ME?" so I didn't say anything :P.

Oh, you should have! She would have been super lovely about it, I'm sure :nice:

:laugh3: I remember everybody's fuss and Debs wanting to wait for you since you started all this.... We owe you and everybody who organised it BIG TIME :hug:

The thing I liked most about this is that it was a big chance to meet new people here in the board :blush: :hug:

You guys make me wanna be a part of a big project like Postcards From Far Away. ;)

It was an AMAZING project that I'll never forget - THANK YOU for that!! :)

I can't imagine how it must have been to organize it!

I hope I'll be able to do that one day. Must be cool :cool:

First of all, no idea what Jaffa cakes are but you all seem obsessed with them, so they must be good! :P

Joking aside, I really got involved in this cause I thought it would work and it was a good idea to thank the guys for these last few days and all the surprises they’ve given us as fans and also as a community. I have not been around here as a member for long, therefore I don’t really know how the whole PFFA project worked. I wasn’t here and I could not follow the day by day progress, so well, basically thank you for pointing out the lack of time thing.

I think in a way it was taken into account, hence the idea of doing something in a virtual way, since it would be easier to coordinate. I wasn’t the one who initiated this project of a project (or whatever you want to call it :P) but I think it was never meant to be as ambitious as the PFFAP. It was something simpler, smaller.

Now, I understand your reasons for not agreeing with it and that’s why I think it has been a bit of a disappointment seeing this might not work since we got excited with it at first. The thing is, if something is going to be done, I feel it should have the consent and the blessing of the majority of the community since that’s why, even if we are all different, we are all here, I guess for the same reasons and we want the best for everyone. I still think it could be done, if the people involved are really committed to it and we get lots of people willing to participate. However, if it is as it is now, then I think we should wait, since I wouldn’t like to be part of something that doesn’t represent us all.

The lack of time might be a very serious issue and well, basically that’s it. I think the person who came up with the idea did it with the best of intentions at heart and in a genuine attempt to thank the band for all we have got in the last few days, even if some of us did not directly take part.

If it is not now, I hope we could really do something beautiful and sincere in the future.

Sorry for the super long post :shame:

First of all, no idea what Jaffa cakes are but you all seem obsessed with them, so they must be good! :P

Joking aside, I really got involved in this cause I thought it would work and it was a good idea to thank the guys for these last few days and all the surprises they’ve given us as fans and also as a community. I have not been around here as a member for long, therefore I don’t really know how the whole PFFA project worked. I wasn’t here and I could not follow the day by day progress, so well, basically thank you for pointing out the lack of time thing.

I think in a way it was taken into account, hence the idea of doing something in a virtual way, since it would be easier to coordinate. I wasn’t the one who initiated this project of a project (or whatever you want to call it :P) but I think it was never meant to be as ambitious as the PFFAP. It was something simpler, smaller.

Now, I understand your reasons for not agreeing with it and that’s why I think it has been a bit of a disappointment seeing this might not work since we got excited with it at first. The thing is, if something is going to be done, I feel it should have the consent and the blessing of the majority of the community since that’s why, even if we are all different, we are all here, I guess for the same reasons and we want the best for everyone. I still think it could be done, if the people involved are really committed to it and we get lots of people willing to participate. However, if it is as it is now, then I think we should wait, since I wouldn’t like to be part of something that doesn’t represent us all.

The lack of time might be a very serious issue and well, basically that’s it. I think the person who came up with the idea did it with the best of intentions at heart and in a genuine attempt to thank the band for all we have got in the last few days, even if some of us did not directly take part.

If it is not now, I hope we could really do something beautiful and sincere in the future.

Sorry for the super long post :shame:

Oh, of course it's a very nice idea but the time frame we have to work with is just a bit tight, to be honest! I'm sure we'll come up with something brilliant to do for them concerning LP5 :nice: