✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying Christmas Project 2010?

Technicolor Liver

I clicked 'YES' to participate at first but then I kind of changed my mind... I agree with you, Lore, I think it's better to do something that needs a bit more effort. :shrug:

we should get AS MANY MEMBERS AS WE CAN.

and assemble outside the beehive and christmas carol the shit out of them.

We would be the best christmas carol choir ever.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This project is really exciting and I wanna thank the person(s) who had the idea! :)

This forum and fandom are awesome (just saying) :cool:

it's almost december, I'd rather wait a little and make a great thing instead of forcing this and do it quickly without getting great results

I have to agree with Lore though.

Even the SIMPLEST project takes time. Because we're thousands of people in here and it takes time to organize something with everyone!

You'd also have to be a bit more specific about what you really wanna do. (maybe put a link to a bunch of photos/videos you'd like our project to resemble, so that we can have a more precise idea?)

If you want everyone to take a picture of him/her in front of his/her Christmas tree (at least this is what I understood?) I wouldn't be able to do it cause in my family our tree arrives 3-4 days before Christmas. This can be a difficulty for other people. I'm just giving an example. :)

But I'd LOVE to show Coldplay our recognition and gratitude for everything they've given us and are still giving us (tomorrow's the big day!!! can't wait for our little Christmas present :))

So thanks a lot for the idea!!! :)

But maybe it'd be better to organize it another time. :)

I'd be glad to do something but I think it will be tricky.We might need more time.I know I can't photograph myself in front of my Christmas tree because I'm in uni and I'm not going back home until the 22nd and I won't have access to the internet there, or very little access.

I don't mean to sound like an elitist downer or anything, because I really like people thinking creatively and working together and all that for such kind and generous things :D.

But...this is *kind of* how the Postcards project started with Lore...something for Christmas, if I remember correctly, and we started planning that in like October or something. I just think it's too late in the game. Yes, I don't deny they'd appreciate something small just as much as they'd appreciate something large, but it's not about the size or the thought or anything like that: it's about simply leaving enough time to DO it properly. And I'll tell you that the Postcards Project took a lot of time and effort and planning between me and Lore and lots of others--I spent more time on helping to put together that project than I did on my university work that semester :P. Because I wanted to, of course (I hate uni :P), but I'm just saying that it takes a lot of time and effort and this deadline is raaather close.

I also think it's a very cute idea, but it's just...kind of been done (that's the elitist part :\). I'd love to participate in another project like Postcards because it was so much fun and so rewarding in tons of ways, but I think if we do something like that again, it should be a wholly unique idea...and maybe a bit farther down the line, because it becomes less special when we present them with stuff every year or so. It's less of a surprise, and that's a big part of the specialness, if you ask me.

Sorry if that sounds mean or anything, I just think it needs more time and thought for it to come together in any sort of way :\.

But...this is *kind of* how the Postcards project started with Lore...something for Christmas, if I remember correctly, and we started planning that in like October or something. I just think it's too late in the game. Yes, I don't deny they'd appreciate something small just as much as they'd appreciate something large, but it's not about the size or the thought or anything like that: it's about simply leaving enough time to DO it properly. And I'll tell you that the Postcards Project took a lot of time and effort and planning between me and Lore and lots of others--I spent more time on helping to put together that project than I did on my university work that semester :P. Because I wanted to, of course (I hate uni :P), but I'm just saying that it takes a lot of time and effort and this deadline is raaather close.

yup, it was the very beginning of October, wasn't it? :thinking: It was when they announced the Prospekt's tracklisting, I remember :P it took so much time and effort to pull it together, and it involved getting help from Coldplay HQ (thanks, Debs!) and everything... I think we should just hold off and wait until LP5 gets closer and they give us more inspiration- perhaps a song called "Chocolate on our Doorstep", for example, which would tell us exactly what they want us to do for them :P

Haha, I pulled all-nighters while we worked on PFFA, not because of my work, but because I couldn't get off the project thread :lol: Jaffa cakes...