• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody!

I´m considering going to this festival.

Is there anyone who knows the area?

I´ve just learnt that you can´t camp when you buy only the one-day ticket.

What does the festival area look like, is there any affordable hotel/hostel close enough to go after the concert (without a car)?

Any tips?

Thank you!

Hi everybody!

I´m considering going to this festival.

Is there anyone who knows the area?

I´ve just learnt that you can´t camp when you buy only the one-day ticket.

What does the festival area look like, is there any affordable hotel/hostel close enough to go after the concert (without a car)?

Any tips?

Thank you!

I've worked at the festival last year. I think the best place to look for a hotel is Maastricht, it's much bigger than Landgraaf (so more hotels). You can take the bus from the festival to the train station, the last train to Maastricht leaves at 00:37 (maybe even later because of Pinkpop).

The festival area has two stages and a big tent.

Thanks!

So you think we will be able to get anywhere by train/bus after the concert?

But we´re gonna fly the day after concert either from Koln or Dusseldorf, so Maastricht is the opposite direction.

I´ll try to work out if we could get e.g. to Aachen after concert.

Well, there are no late trains to Aachen :cry:

Another question -

what time do the concerts usually end?

Is it all over by 1 AM or so?

Because at our festival there are smaller concerts all through the night, so maybe we could just wait for the first morning train, if there is anything happening the whole night...

• 4 weeks later...

The press conference is taking place right now, Jan Smeets said that Coldplay is the most expensive band ever on Pinkpop. And there will be a stage in the middle of the field, sounds like the C-stage will be back! :dance:

Line-up Monday:

DAZZLED KID, ALL TIME LOW, BAND OF HORSES, DEADMAU5, PLAIN WHITE T’S, BEATSTEAKS, THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM, THE SCRIPT, THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS, SCOUTING FOR GIRLS, TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB, GO BACK TO THE ZOO, VOLBEAT, KAISER CHIEFS, FOO FIGHTERS

For the Dutchies (Sorry if it's been posted already :

Coldplay wil eigen podium op Pinkpop

© reuters

De Britse band Coldplay wil bij de komende editie van Pinkpop een podium in het midden van het festivalterrein. Dat heeft festivaldirecteur Jan Smeets onthuld op de presentatie van de line-up voor dit jaar, meldt het AD. Het festival vindt op 11, 12 en 13 juni plaats in het Limburgse Landgraaf.

Volgens Smeets is de Britse band de duurste band uit de geschiedenis van het Nederlandse festival. Naast Coldplay zijn Foo Fighters en Kings of Leon de andere twee grote headliners op de komende editie.

Smeets maakte vandaag nog meer namen bekend die dit jaar zullen verschijnen op Pinkpop. Het gaat onder meer om De Staat, Manic Street Preachers, Elbow, Lifehouse en Simpleplan. Op maandag staan 30 seconds to Mars en White Lies geprogrammeerd met de Kings of Leon dus als slotact.

Coldplay staat ook op Rock Werchter deze zomer, maar of Chris Martin en co dezelfde eisen aan Herman Schuermans hebben gesteld voor hun optreden op Rock Werchter is niet geweten.

Edit: ok it has been mentioned, but I don't think they're really talking about a C stage actually

They mentioned the extra stage months ago when Coldplay was announced

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/2390544/coldplay-speelt-pinkpop.html

Article is in Dutch (sorry), it says that Coldplay wants an extra stage on the field and that they did that before. They did the c-stage thing before, that's why I thought about it. If they can do a c-stage in Nijmegen, they can also pull it off in Landgraaf.