✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-July-2011] Coldplay @ Rock Werchter festival, Belgium

Carlaatje

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will upload the Brussels gig tomorrow.

I didn't even know there were bootlegs from the Antwerp shows. Do you have them? Is it an on-line store or a 'real' store?

I don't have them because they cost quite a lot of money (€20 or something). It is in a real store though and he said that the sound quality was excellent. If you want the name and adress of the store just let me know and I'll PM it to you

Well , you had Pearl Jam and Stereophonics last year , that's all I can remember... Did you see them ? :wacko:

thaha , madferit indeed !

Oasis fan ? Or just know them a little ?

Hehe, those are about the only Werchter gigs I remember as well from last year. And even those gigs were not too memorable compared to other 'phonics and PJ gigs.

Oasis fan! Was mad enough to go and see their final Manchester gig. Judging from your nick, you must be a fan as well? That's actually my fav Oasis song.

Hehe, those are about the only Werchter gigs I remember as well from last year. And even those gigs were not too memorable compared to other 'phonics and PJ gigs.

Oasis fan! Was mad enough to go and see their final Manchester gig. Judging from your nick, you must be a fan as well? That's actually my fav Oasis song.

I wasn't at Rw2010 ,I wanted too, but I couldn't ,

I saw Pearl Jam and Stereop a week earlier at another festival ..

So I don't regrett my choise ! ;)

WHAT ? SO AWESOME ! :bomb:

I'm a die-hard fan :awesome:

I love every single song , and I'm obsessed by Oasis ! :wacky:

'mad' all the way through !

I , unfortunately , became a fan , RIGHT after they 'd split up :bigcry:

It'll chase me for the rest of my life ... :(

What do you think of Beady Eye ?

Did you see them at the AB ?

I wasn't at Rw2010 ,I wanted too, but I couldn't ,

I saw Pearl Jam and Stereop a week earlier at another festival ..

So I don't regrett my choise ! ;)

WHAT ? SO AWESOME ! :bomb:

I'm a die-hard fan :awesome:

I love every single song , and I'm obsessed by Oasis ! :wacky:

'mad' all the way through !

I , unfortunately , became a fan , RIGHT after they 'd split up :bigcry:

It'll chase me for the rest of my life ... :(

What do you think of Beady Eye ?

Did you see them at the AB ?

Yeah, I went to the Beady Eye gig as well. I thought it was pretty good actually! He could have taken the easy way out and play some Oasis classics, but I guess it was good that he didn't (even though it would have sent the crowd into a frenzy). It was a great rock n roll show in its own right. And Liam was really into it!

I'm sure you'll see Oasis again someday. They just have to do some kind of reunion in the future. It has to happen.

But enough off topic stuff.:\

Who's going to prepare for Werchter at the Kinepolis Coldplay @ Glastonbury screening that was just announced?

Yeah, I went to the Beady Eye gig as well. I thought it was pretty good actually! He could have taken the easy way out and play some Oasis classics, but I guess it was good that he didn't (even though it would have sent the crowd into a frenzy). It was a great rock n roll show in its own right. And Liam was really into it!

I'm sure you'll see Oasis again someday. They just have to do some kind of reunion in the future. It has to happen.

But enough off topic stuff.:\

Who's going to prepare for Werchter at the Kinepolis Coldplay @ Glastonbury screening that was just announced?

I was at the Beady Eye gig too !

I was waiting in line at 5:15 ! :awesome:

I was right before Liam , second row , quite an frenzy indeed !

Crazy shit ! :lol:

Where did you stand ?

I'm not too sure of that ,

although that I really hope they'll reunite once , I'm afraid it won't at the same time :\

But I will always have hope ! :smug:

I was at the Beady Eye gig too !

I was waiting in line at 5:15 ! :awesome:

I was right before Liam , second row , quite an frenzy indeed !

Crazy shit ! :lol:

Where did you stand ?

I'm not too sure of that ,

although that I really hope they'll reunite once , I'm afraid it won't at the same time :\

But I will always have hope ! :smug:

I was standing a bit to the left, about 10 rows deep. We got there a bit late. Missed the first couple of Miles Kane songs (who was great as well).

I LOVED that Sons Of The Stage cover song they did at the end. Didn't know the orginal, but it rocked hard!

I was standing a bit to the left, about 10 rows deep. We got there a bit late. Missed the first couple of Miles Kane songs (who was great as well).

I LOVED that Sons Of The Stage cover song they did at the end. Didn't know the orginal, but it rocked hard!

yeah , Miles Kane was really good ,

I missed out on tickets , unfortunately, for his solo gig in Belgium

And yeah , I really love that cover ...

I play it on guitar a shit-load ! :lol:

after those new songs

who wants to wait with me on the first row at Werchter?[/color]

I will wait in front of the stage ,

but I won't go for the first row :/

I'm not such a die-hard fan anymore ...

and it's way more fun when your "in" the crowd

I'm a really big fan of Arctic Monkeys , but I won't even go for first row there too ...

just in the first 10 ..

5th or 6th ...

And if you're on the first row , you'll get pushed so hard ,that you can't jump or dance !

after those new songs

who wants to wait with me on the first row at Werchter?[/color]

Me me and me!

I'm too short not to be front row :p

I should start training for the sprint tho... I'm not that fast at running

I will wait in front of the stage ,

but I won't go for the first row :/

I'm not such a die-hard fan anymore ...

and it's way more fun when your "in" the crowd

I'm a really big fan of Arctic Monkeys , but I won't even go for first row there too ...

just in the first 10 ..

5th or 6th ...

And if you're on the first row , you'll get pushed so hard ,that you can't jump or dance !

I really don't think it's a good idea to go for front row at Werchter. The stage is so high that you probably won't be able to see Will (or Chris, if he's behind the piano). And the crush can be HUGE. You always see loads of people faint. And you'll be fighting to retain your spot the entire day (especially right before they come on and at the beginning of the Coldplay set).

If you want to be front row, the front row of the second barrier is a much better spot. It gives you a better view of the entire stage, you're still close, you have an unobstructed view and you're in the middle of the atmosphere. The sound is also much better.

yeah , Miles Kane was really good ,

I missed out on tickets , unfortunately, for his solo gig in Belgium

And yeah , I really love that cover ...

I play it on guitar a shit-load ! :lol:

The day after the gig, I just had to pick up my guitar and play that cover. The riff sounds immense!

I really don't think it's a good idea to go for front row at Werchter. The stage is so high that you probably won't be able to see Will (or Chris, if he's behind the piano). And the crush can be HUGE. You always see loads of people faint. And you'll be fighting to retain your spot the entire day (especially right before they come on and at the beginning of the Coldplay set).

If you want to be front row, the front row of the second barrier is a much better spot. It gives you a better view of the entire stage, you're still close, you have an unobstructed view and you're in the middle of the atmosphere. The sound is also much better.

I was front row at Werchter 2 years ago. Ok, I couldn't see Will, but he's not really the one I want to see.

The pushing really wasn't too bad. I never felt like I was going to lose my spot at all. I was so happy making it to the front row that I didn't care about anything else.

Maybe we were just lucky with the people around us. If you get pushy people, it will be much harder.

You are right about the second barrier tho, I'm probably going to try that for Pinkpop coz I won't be arriving that early.

Well , 'd you know that it was the first song they released ? :lol:

Yeah, I had heard it before. But live it sounded immense! Did you see the video of the original song? Some very weird stuff. :P

This Oasis/Beady Eye talk is bringing this discussion so off topic.:laugh3:

Yeah, I had heard it before. But live it sounded immense! Did you see the video of the original song? Some very weird stuff. :P

This Oasis/Beady Eye talk is bringing this discussion so off topic.:laugh3:

Yeah , I did watch it and ...

I think it's quite rare that a cover is better then the original , but Beady Eye did it really good !

and yeah :lol: Join the beady Eye thread then ! :awesome:

I'm going. Friday, for The National and Arctic Monkeys especially, and Saturday, for Coldplay of course.

I'm going with some of my friends and maybe my brother, depends if he'll win a ticket, but seeing the chances, he probably won't. It's a contest by Humo. You have to make an original advertisement for Humo and the ones with most Facebook votes (100 in total) win a combi ticket. If anyone cares to help him win one by voting, I'll post the link to this page.

I went to Werchter in 2009 combi with my friends, and it was amazing, especially Coldplay. They blew me away. And I've got a feeling that it's going to be even better now (shouldn't get my hopes up too high of course).

See you all there, I'll be the one with the clothes and the hair... Well one of the 80 000. I didn't manage to get the front row last time, and I probably won't this time either, I'd want to, but I won't be alone to decide whether we'll wait in front of the Main Stage all day. And then there's the hunger/thirst/bathroom problem. Any suggestions?:thinking:

cool , yeah post the link !

I saw some that I really like ! Maybe he's the maker of one of them ! :awesome:

See you there ! And I've got no suggestions ... :/

Just don't drink too much , so you don't have a bathroom problem ...

And if it's very warm , the security might give water

I've been at a festival where they just filled the cups with water , for everyone who was waiting in front ...

Nice avatar ! :awesome: