✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-July-2011] Coldplay @ Rock Werchter festival, Belgium

Carlaatje

Hurrraaaayyy for tour announcements!

COLDPLAY AND IRON MAIDEN HAVE ALSO CONFIRMED

Rock Werchter is proud to announce two new names. And these are two huge acts, indeed. Both COLDPLAY and IRON MAIDEN have confirmed that they will perform at Rock Werchter 2011. They join the ranks of KINGS OF LEON and THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS who had already confirmed at an earlier stage. Soon to be announced: more top acts, solid upcoming talent and great names. At the Rock Werchter residence, a new grand cru edition is in the making. And that's how it's supposed to be. More news at a later stage.

Rock Werchter 2011: who, when?The Chemical Brothers are the closing dance act on Thursday June 30, Kings of Leon are headliners on the main stage on Friday July 1, Coldplay are the main act on Saturday July 2, Iron Maiden are co-headliners on Sunday July 3.

Rock Werchter 2011 will take place at Werchter's Festival Park from Thursday June 30 to Sunday July 3. Tickets for Rock Werchter 2011 go on sale on Saturday December 4 at 9 AM . Click here for more extensive ticketing information.

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/news/article.aspx?aid=213d8622-b72d-474b-93d5-e7f9ea7cf71b

Coldplay-IsleofWight06-KW04.jpg

Coldplay, and Iron Maiden are the latest acts to be announced for Rock Werchter 2011.

Coldplay have been announced as the Main Stage headliner on Saturday 2nd July. The band currently have a new album in the making, and will be airing a few new tracks at Rock Werchter.

Iron Maiden are co-headliner on the Main Stage on Sunday 3rd July. Currently on their global 'The Final Frontier' in support of the album of the same name which hit the No 1 slot in 28 sales charts around the world. In Belgium, they missed out on the #1 spot by a hair's breadth, although their second spot was their best ever in the Belgian charts. The band's first ever non-UK concert was during a festival in Belgium in Kortrijk in 1980.

They join the first two acts announced Kings of Leon, and The Chemical Brothers who have already been confirmed for Belgium's biggest rock festival which takes place in the small village of Werchter in Rotselaar, Belgium, from Thursday 30th June to Sunday 3rd July 2010.

Tickets for Rock Werchter 2011 go on sale at 9am on Saturday 4th December, priced as follows:

• 4-day combi festival ticket (June 30 > July 3) 195 Euros
  • One-day festival ticket Thursday June 30 76 Euros
  • One-day festival ticket Friday July 1 76 Euros
  • One-day festival ticket Saturday July 2 76 Euros
  • One-day festival ticket Sunday July 3 76 Euros
  • Campsite ticket regular 18 Euros
  • Campsite ticket xl (early entry) 25 Euros

This year Rock Werchter will open three campsites for Festival goers on the Wednesday, to cut down on congestion in Werchter and minimize inconvenience for the locals. The festival organisers will not be putting on entertainment on Wednesday evening, but the campsites will have food and drinks available.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/10/101130a.shtml

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COLDPLAY AND IRON MAIDEN HAVE ALSO CONFIRMED

Rock Werchter is proud to announce two new names. And these are two huge acts, indeed. Both COLDPLAY and IRON MAIDEN have confirmed that they will perform at Rock Werchter 2011. They join the ranks of KINGS OF LEON and THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS who had already confirmed at an earlier stage. Soon to be announced: more top acts, solid upcoming talent and great names. At the Rock Werchter residence, a new grand cru edition is in the making. And that's how it's supposed to be. More news at a later stage.

Rock Werchter 2011: who, when?The Chemical Brothers are the closing dance act on Thursday June 30, Kings of Leon are headliners on the main stage on Friday July 1, Coldplay are the main act on Saturday July 2, Iron Maiden are co-headliners on Sunday July 3.

Rock Werchter 2011 will take place at Werchter's Festival Park from Thursday June 30 to Sunday July 3. Tickets for Rock Werchter 2011 go on sale on Saturday December 4 at 9 AM . Click here for more extensive ticketing information.

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/news/article.aspx?aid=213d8622-b72d-474b-93d5-e7f9ea7cf71b

Coldplay-IsleofWight06-KW04.jpg

Coldplay, and Iron Maiden are the latest acts to be announced for Rock Werchter 2011.

Coldplay have been announced as the Main Stage headliner on Saturday 2nd July. The band currently have a new album in the making, and will be airing a few new tracks at Rock Werchter.

Iron Maiden are co-headliner on the Main Stage on Sunday 3rd July. Currently on their global 'The Final Frontier' in support of the album of the same name which hit the No 1 slot in 28 sales charts around the world. In Belgium, they missed out on the #1 spot by a hair's breadth, although their second spot was their best ever in the Belgian charts. The band's first ever non-UK concert was during a festival in Belgium in Kortrijk in 1980.

They join the first two acts announced Kings of Leon, and The Chemical Brothers who have already been confirmed for Belgium's biggest rock festival which takes place in the small village of Werchter in Rotselaar, Belgium, from Thursday 30th June to Sunday 3rd July 2010.

Tickets for Rock Werchter 2011 go on sale at 9am on Saturday 4th December, priced as follows:

• 4-day combi festival ticket (June 30 > July 3) 195 Euros
  • One-day festival ticket Thursday June 30 76 Euros
  • One-day festival ticket Friday July 1 76 Euros
  • One-day festival ticket Saturday July 2 76 Euros
  • One-day festival ticket Sunday July 3 76 Euros
  • Campsite ticket regular 18 Euros
  • Campsite ticket xl (early entry) 25 Euros

This year Rock Werchter will open three campsites for Festival goers on the Wednesday, to cut down on congestion in Werchter and minimize inconvenience for the locals. The festival organisers will not be putting on entertainment on Wednesday evening, but the campsites will have food and drinks available.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/10/101130a.shtml

I'm not going crazy since I'm probably not going. I really don't like too crowded places and don't feel like waiting all day, trying to get closer to the stage, to see 1 band. I would've gone crazy if they announced a show, but I hate festivals

I'm going too! Definetely going to order my ticket this saterday.

I'm only going one day, just the day Coldplay comes.

I hope there's other good bands coming that day, it makes the wait a lot more fun.

We got lucky 2 years ago. Spend the entire day front line waiting, but good bands to listen to. Had a lot of fun!

I'm so gonna go :mad: I do have a few problems :uhoh:

a friens of mine of is going for 1 day, but her brother chooses which day :uhoh: she wants me to come with her...

so I can't wait for them to dicide and I'll probably just buy the ticket for saterday (or maybe the 4 days)

I DON'T KNOW :bigcry:

(drama drama I know :P)

I'm going too! Definetely going to order my ticket this saterday.

I'm only going one day, just the day Coldplay comes.

I hope there's other good bands coming that day, it makes the wait a lot more fun.

We got lucky 2 years ago. Spend the entire day front line waiting, but good bands to listen to. Had a lot of fun!

I'm so gonna go :mad: I do have a few problems :uhoh:

a friens of mine of is going for 1 day, but her brother chooses which day :uhoh: she wants me to come with her...

so I can't wait for them to dicide and I'll probably just buy the ticket for saterday (or maybe the 4 days)

I DON'T KNOW :bigcry:

(drama drama I know :P)

We should meet!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES !

:dance:

And I DO like festivals :wacky:

And Yes , we will all meet ! :awesome: :wacky:

-----------------------

I won't be such a "waiter" tho ...

I'll go to see the other bands too ...

I won't pay that much money , for 1 band , if there are so many !

I'm not going crazy since I'm probably not going. I really don't like too crowded places and don't feel like waiting all day, trying to get closer to the stage, to see 1 band. I would've gone crazy if they announced a show, but I hate festivals

I was really close to the stage last time they played. Saw Elbow, Bloc Party and The Killers before them, so the waiting didn't bother me too much. Really great atmosphere and not too crowded in the front. I do think the rest of the festival has become way too crowded the last couple of years. Same goes for Pukkelpop.

I do have to say that I thought all their festival gigs in Belgium so far have been better than their arena shows.