✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin & Jonny Buckland to premiere Christmas Lights on BBC Radio 1 and XFM tonight (1st Decem

darkchoc92

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else think that this is something really big? Coldplay have never made a release of a christmas song a big deal, other than putting it on the website. Making this (what seems to be a) spectacular video, and going on radio shows, I have a feeling they're going to announce something else. Hopefully a tour, or a release date or something. Maybe just wishful thinking.

I had the same feeling. All this for a christmas single?

On the other hand, they might consider this as their 'comeback' after all the studio work. Their comeback in the spotlights, I mean. So maybe it's just EMI marketing, to bring them back in the attention by the time LP5 arrives.

But I too hope it's something big :)

Does anyone else think that this is something really big? Coldplay have never made a release of a christmas song a big deal, other than putting it on the website. Making this (what seems to be a) spectacular video, and going on radio shows, I have a feeling they're going to announce something else. Hopefully a tour, or a release date or something. Maybe just wishful thinking.
In the UK, Christmas #1 is a big deal. They aren't announcing a tour.

In the UK, Christmas #1 is a big deal. They aren't announcing a tour.

Ahhhh, didn't know that. But, in that same respect, they've never done something like this before when they have released christmas songs., so why is this any special? Especially releasing it on iTunes, maybe they are trying to get people hyped up on Coldplay again, because their album is supposed to come out early 2011.

Ahhhh, didn't know that. But, in that same respect, they've never done something like this before when they have released christmas songs., so why is this any special? Especially releasing it on iTunes, maybe they are trying to get people hyped up on Coldplay again, because their album is supposed to come out early 2011.
I think they wanted to release the song, but not have it be part of the new LP. Maybe they wanted to see a Christmas song be the Christmas #1. Who cares why, me just want! :lol: