✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sara Bareilles covers Yellow!!

coldplay_is_louve.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Yeah I remember Sara Bareilles from a couple years back and I thought Love Song was piano pop crap.

This though is very nice.

I don't post here too often but I'm a big Sara and Coldplay fan. It's nice to see that Coldplay fans like her version. :)

I definitely agree that nothing compares to the original version. This one is just so different from the original though. Love them both.

I don't post here too often but I'm a big Sara and Coldplay fan. It's nice to see that Coldplay fans like her version. :)

I definitely agree that nothing compares to the original version. This one is just so different from the original though. Love them both.

I love Sara, too! :D I saw her live back in November, she was pretty great. :nice:

Always glad to meet another SB fan. :nice:!

Thank goodness that it changed around 2:00, because up till then I honestly thought it was boring. Yeah yeah, I know she had her "soul into it", but it bored me nonetheless and the one tone repeated began to annoy me.

Fortunately it got quite good after that. :) She obviously has a great voice and did it pretty beautifully towards the end, where you really could hear what it was a cover off. I'm not a really big fan of covers that are so abstract that you can only recognize the song by a couple of words, I guess. Unless it's a very interesting, determined change of melody.

I didn't really care for the cover too much, although I do think she is extremely talented having seen her live in a surprise guest appearance before a OneRepublic concert =)

She has quite a wild personality I might add though which I love. And apparently, she is an avid Coldplay fan.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loUQhlCCoEQ&NR=1]YouTube - Sara Bareilles Performs 'King of Anything' & Covers Coldplay's 'Yellow' (at iheartradio)[/ame]

It's alright. I'm only familiar with her hit songs and I'm not a huge fan of them, but she has a decent voice.

That said, the astonishing lack of claims that the song is ruined is either evidence that A) Coldplaying has matured, or B) It's actually a legitimately respectable cover. I'm going with B.

• 1 year later...

I agree that the piano is not too great (I wouldn't recommend using the word "awful", it actually hurts the feelings of those who love her cover), but her voice is gorgeous. Has always been. :) The piano arrangement actually goes pretty well with her voice.

As to those who have only listened to her hits: I believe her non-hit songs are better. Love Song is most DEFINITELY not her best song. By far. Or King of Anything for that matter - although it may good. Try Breathe Again, Fairytale, Hold My Heart, Winter Song, Between the Lines, and Come Round Soon.