✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin 'heartbroken over parents' split'

iPsy

Chris Martin has reportedly been hit hard by the break-up of his parents.

Friends say that the Coldplay frontman is finding it "incredibly difficult ­emotionally" to deal with the end of Alison and Anthony Martin's 30-year marriage, according to The Mirror.

Alison is said to have recently left the Devon family home in which Chris grew up. The £1.25 million house has apparently been put on the market by Anthony, who is believed to have begun a new relationship.

A source told the paper: "Chris has always been extremely close to his father, while some of his sisters have had very strong relationships with their mother.

"Watching his parents split has been heartbreaking for him, and he's desperate to stay close and in regular contact with both of them. Chris visited his mum's new place in London around a week ago, which was a strain for him emotionally.

"One of the most upsetting aspects of the break-up has been their decision to sell their family home. He was less than 1-year-old when his parents moved in, and the house holds a lot of memories for him."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a301791/chris-martin-heartbroken-over-parents-split.html

:(

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"One of the most upsetting aspects of the break-up has been their decision to sell their family home. He was less than 1-year-old when his parents moved in, and the house holds a lot of memories for him."

I'm sure if this was really an issue, Chris would have bought the house to keep it "in the family".;)

I know, and I understand so much his sorrow :(

mine of parents was in 96 . young .

it's like not having a family. and must be built only because the parents think only they divorce.

but Chris has a family to him, and having to think about his family. it is a gift from God. not being alone in life and have love around him ;)

:O OMG!

this family seemed so close :( I feel his pain

:cry: Oh, that is so sad. I feel for him and the rest of the family......I guess it´s really hard for Chris because, he is such a FAMILY-man! I mean, family is so importent to him.

What about his sisters and brother - some of them are still young enough to be living at home, right? With Allison in London now?? Or in Devon with Anthony to be close to school??

It must be so hard for them.

Your parents getting divorced is never easy - no matter how old you are!

I´m sending all the best thoughts and good karma to my Chrissy!

Who will join me?! - Chris, we wish you and your family all the best - and we love you!

Indeed, obviously he was trying to keep it quiet -_-

Family break ups are never easy though D:

And his parents probably didn't want it broadcasting in the national media either.

You're not wrong there, my parents split after 26 years of marriage not that long ago. But they're both alot happier now, which is the main thing :)

I really want to know if this is true or not? A confirmation would be nice... maybe from the Oracle or maybe a statement of some kind :inquisitive::confused:

^ I don't really think that Chris' parents private life should concern us to start with so I absolutely don't think a statement is necessary. It makes no difference to us if it's true or not :shrug:

what annaelisabeth said.

if is true i guess we'll see it through the lyrics of the new album may be?

no need to ask oracle, if is true i don't think chris will like to answer that and be asked about it.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Very sad to read this which was very cheap of the Mirror to release. Obviously a very very private matter for them but I wish Chris and his family the best.