✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Parachutes - Coldplay's Least Impressive Album?

Guest howyousawtheworld

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parachutes is more impressive than VLV, and X&Y. I think AROBTTH is bigger but not better.

I consider parachutes almost a perfect album. Don't panic as the first song is a great introduction to what will come. The songs are not all the same but the album has cohesion. It's not too long or too short (okay yeah maybe a liiiitle bit too short :P), Chris uses falsetto and also a deep voice, the drums on Spies, the bass on Sparks, the piano on Trouble, the guitar on yellow...It has no trick, it doesn't intend to be big or magnificent, it's just real to what coldplay was in that moment.

I think it's just beautiful... :heart:

Guest howyousawtheworld

Hey I think it's impressive - it's just it's their least impressive. It's REALLY impressive for a debut album but it isn't even close to AROBTTH in all aspects. Yes it's their purest most natural album but AROBTTH is their masterpiece. Parachutes was like a lovely little sketch book with lovely pictures drawn inside but AROBTTH was the artwork inside St Peters Basilica in comparison.

Guest howyousawtheworld
hmmm... well yeah, AROBTTH is more impressive than parachutes (i wouldn't say A LOT more though :P) but i would never think VLV or X&Y are more impressive than Parachutes. Specially not X&Y :/ ...but oh well, this are just opinions :D hehe

There are points in X&Y and VLV that stand head and shoulders above anything on Parachutes though in my opinion. However those two albums are less consistent than Parachutes!

I adore all the albums for the reason that they're are not all the same, the basslines are improving, the vocals are changing so that we the fans won't get bored. Parachutes was brilliant because it was simple, beautiful and innocent...AROBTTH/X&Y is stunning because Coldplay matured in lyrics, life and music. VLV is bold because Coldplay became versatile in vocal ranges,beats and genres...All in all, I feel that Coldplay is underestimated and have potential to be better then they are now

Wow...if X&Y is horrible in some people's eyes, VLV was too Pop-y, Parachutes is okay in some people's opinion..then why are some of you fans of Coldplay?....Everything is wrong when Coldplay try to do right....I adore all the albums for the reason that they're are not all the same, the basslines are improving, the vocals are changing so that we the fans won't get bored. Parachutes was brilliant because it was simple, beautiful and innocent...AROBTTH/X&Y is stunning because Coldplay matured in lyrics, life and music. VLV is bold because Coldplay became versatile in vocal ranges,beats and genres...All in all, I feel that Coldplay is underestimated and have potential to be better then they are now

I agree with that last part! :nice:

As regards the first part, we all have different favourite albums, you don't have to like the four of them in the same amount to be a fan :shrug:

then why are some of you fans of Coldplay?

how many times people have to post that being a fan doesn't mean to like whatever a certain band does?. Seriously it's very annoying when people act like "if you don't like this or that why are you a fan then", etc., when you try to post in a critical, non 13 year old fangirl way.

Seriously this makes me think 90% of the coldplay fans are stupid 15 year old girls or something like that who can't stand some criticism towards their favorite band.

Good for you if you adore all the albums but that doesn't make you a better fan.

15 year old girls or something like that who can't stand some criticism towards their favorite band.

gpoy

But yeah, seriously guys, and being a fan more so means you stick with them through thick and thin, even if they release a bad album or something, it doesn't mean being blind to faults or liking everything like, at all.

That almost always backfires eventually.

Credit as musicians, it's like they are underestimated I think they could be better. For example Guy: no one cares about his music, the bass is not something I'd say OMG that's awesome in most of the songs, the girls just like him because he's hot and that sucks (just see how many pages the pictures thread have and compare it to music related threads). He could be replaced by a random bassist and only cping people would notice it.

same with the others, you never see them in the best drummer, guitarist, bassist lists because they just play small parts and don't really show their talent that much. You just see coldplay members in the hottest frontman and that sort of lists and that says a lot about a band :(

Of course if you see your fans liking everything you do even if it's not that good you don't have a reason to change or improve your sound.

ah, i see.

i will admit that Guy's presence wasn't as big on VLVODAAHF -- at least, not his presence on bass.

honestly, i think that the picture threads get more posts than threads like these, not only because people are superficial, but because in these threads there are people who will just come in and say, "no, you're wrong" and leave without further explaining their opinion, which leads to dead conversations. plus, it's easier to post a picture than to write a whole bunch of stuff. :rolleyes::P

as for the last thing you said, Chris always talks about how they're constantly trying to improve. i guess you could just say, "well, that's Chris, why should anyone listen to him?" :P

of course, they could change in an attempt to improve, and maybe a lot of their older fans would dislike the change, but then they would also probably gain new fans who do like the change. so, it's kinda difficult for them to really tell when their older fans dislike the new stuff, since they're gaining new fans who... i guess sort of make up for that. does that make sense?

anyway, i understand what you mean, and it is a shame that they get praised for their looks rather than their music :\

Guest howyousawtheworld

I find it bizarre that if we're Coldplay fans then we shouldn't be criticising them! It's all good natured and great to hear from people's opinions on this album or that album.

Just think how boring the forum would be if we loved ALL their songs and albums and spent the rest of our time giggling at their handsomeness! But sometimes I do wonder whether that is what this forum is.