✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Lollapalooza Festival, Chicago

Ebs757

This is what A just posted on coldplay.com and Facebook (and probably on Twitter)

Good evening. On Friday night this week (Aug 5th), Coldplay will headline Lollapalooza festival in Chicago's Grant Park. We're very pleased to report that the show will stream live worldwide on YouTube*. The webcast can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/lollapalooza at approximately 8:30pm CT / 6:30pm PT / 2.30am UK time (click here to find out what time it is where you are).

Highlights of the show will also be available afterwards.

Anchorman

* Apart from Germany. Sorry Germany (not our decision).

Will it be the whole performance or only Coldplay ? I'd like to see also Muse that will perform too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicago also bans propane, which is used to generate sustained flames. (Aerosol-based effects can provide only short bursts of flame.) As Grega put it: "Any city that burns down tends be a little picky."

:lol: Indeed...

But shouldn't Chicago be banning cows instead?

has anyone gone before? how early should we arrive for coldplay? Because I have side stage tickets for a band called "Foster the People" at 3 or 4.

P.S. did anyone download the ipod/iphone app? The website and the app both tell me different times

Depends on how close you want to be. There will be a crowd building throughout the day, but you should have a decent view, no matter the time you head over. I'm not walking over till about 7. I have the app, says 8:30, site says 8:15? I'd go with the site time.

I've been in Chicago almost 24 hours now, and I was able to get some pretty good pictures of the set-up inside the park, although much of the park has since been closed to the public. I noticed quite a few wristband scans on the central bridge (like 30 of them) but I didn't check out the northern entrance, which is where I'd advise all you Coldplay fans to enter (mainly so that you don't have our lovely Muse crossover upon entrance). Saw the merch stands, which are split into lines for headliners and non-headliners. They were still unpacking so only the Eminem stuff was up when I walked by.

has anyone gone before? how early should we arrive for coldplay? Because I have side stage tickets for a band called "Foster the People" at 3 or 4.

P.S. did anyone download the ipod/iphone app? The website and the app both tell me different times

Awesome band.

Honestly I don't know or like the Kills or Bright Eyes that much but anyone know how they are live? And will Coldplay merch be sold? Really looking forward to this. Hope I can see a few of you guys- fellow Coldplay fans at Lolla tomorrow.

Thanks Mike! This got me way more excited than it should have!

Oh believe me, I was going insane in my car. Screamed "CHRIS!!!" when we were at a red light next to them, Kelly got on his cell phone and we split. Cops were everywhere, it was like Barack Obama just landed:D